Upgrade from V1.9 to V.2.2

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
It's not like Godaddy's control panel huh, thanks for the info
12 years ago
Finally everthing is working fine except for forums, when i click on Forums on the header menu, nothing happens, just home page gets refreshed, any clue what could be wrong?
12 years ago
Simon.UK wrote:
We have just done three. (actually a 1.5 t0 2.2, 1.7 to 2.2 and a 1.4 to 2.2) We upgraded them all becuase of the excel import with images etc etc

Actually step by step is quite simple - read the readme files that come with the SQL upgrade scripts quite important.

Make a backup of your files.
Delete all the files form your website folder
copy in all of the files from 2.0 new install (we use no source)
copy all of the images files from /images folder of the old site to /content/images folder in the new website
THEN run the website using vs2010 or browse to it if its on a server.
It will come up with install screen - Choose install to a existing database (UNCHECK INSTALL SAMPLE DATA)
Put the name of your existing database
it will then say finished and none of your informaiton will be in. Dont panic :)
You then need to run the SQL script (nopCommerce_2.00_UpgardeScripts) and follow the instructions in the readme file.
Dont worry about themeing or design at this stage

Then MAKE A COPY OF InstalledPlugins.txt and settings.txt from the App_Data folder

Delete all of the files from your website folder again.

Run the SQL upgrade scripts against the database for 2.0-2.1 and then 2.1-2.2

Copy in all of the files from a new 2.2 install. Add the files you copied (InstalledPlugins.txt and settings.txt) into the App_Data and run the website!

See quite easy.

Couple of things we found.

If your images are stored in the database do not chnage it before the upgrade! You need to change it after successful upgrade (it will then copy all the files into the correct folder....much easier)

If you're files are stored in the file system MAKE SURE you copy all of the photos into the correct images folder before you run the website. This will help keep the link. (we lost all the images when we forgot to copy across the images first)

The upgrade process doesnt keep your topics so make a note of those (machine names) and content. If you can run a version of your old website just do what we did and cut and paste across - keeps all the formatting.

It doesnt even copy across your store name, SEO, or other basic shop info so make a note of all ot these. (the READEME file tells you this, but didnt realise just how much it doesnt copy. Most importantly all products, categories, mappings and news ARE automactically copied.

THe rest should just be a themeing issue. (duplicate one of the others, change the theme.config file rename the folder, overwrite the styles.css with the one from your old site. Everthing should be aas close as it gets. Just a few tweaks.

But the above made it VERY simple for us. Just a lot of work for the themeing. ( and by that I mean about 4 hours) due to different class names and some custom work we had done.

Hope it helps. Sorry not a technical guy here (by that I mean compared to the dev gurus on the site) but if I can do it anybody can!

Hope it helps. Havent slept for a day so will check again in the morning. But sure its right.......:)

I followed your instructions on updating from v1.9 to v2.00.  The problem I am having is that when I run the upgrade script it gives me errors.  Can someone please help with this issue?

Here is just one of the many errors that I am getting:

(2 row(s) affected)
moving product. ID 46
Msg 2627, Level 14, State 1, Line 25
Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK__Product__3214EC071CA7377D'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.Product'.

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.