Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce.

10 years ago
creekpeanut wrote:
I've just download the latest version of nopCommerce(no source) and when trying to install on my server I receive follow error:
HTTP Error 500.21 - Internal Server Error
Handler "ExtensionlessUrlHandler-Integrated-4.0" has a bad module "ManagedPipelineHandler" in its module list
Could you explain please what I do wrong?

I am getting the same error.

I got this to work by un-installing and reinstall of .net 4.5.

Seems to be working fine now
10 years ago
lol, these are my install notes:

1) create a folder under inetpub\wwwroot
2) launch an archiver with admin permission
3) extract the nopCommerce archive to the newly created folder
4) launch IIS manager and add a new site and point to the newly created folder
5) add a binding for www.domain.xxx (and without if you want) using your static IP
6) go to the application pool, look for your new site and change the .NET Framework Version to 4.0 (even though technically it is > 4.5x good luck installing it :) )
7) edit the security properties of your newly created folder
8) add a user named IIS AppPool\"Web Site Name" and give them modify permission
9) launch SQL Server Management Studio
10) go to Security->Logins and add a new login ( IIS APPPOOL\"NAME" )
11) give it a master dbcreator role (just to install the website)
12) afterwards just give it permission to your newly created nopCommerce database
10 years ago
Quantis001 wrote:
i have downloaded nopCommerce source code, but when i try to open solution in visual studio 2012,  after loading half project its getting busy.. and not able to run project.

what is the problem? any one help me in this?

Go for VS2013 so you have latest.

Sorry, I have tried with VS2013 Pro and the same problem was still there, any help?please
10 years ago
vnpasta wrote:
Sorry, I have tried with VS2013 Pro and the same problem was still there, any help?please

Can you copy - paste your error. Did you follow installation instructions?
10 years ago
Quantis001 wrote:
Can you copy - paste your error. Did you follow installation instructions?

It is the same behavior with VS2012 when we re-open the solution file after first time opened (everything was fine in the first time). It seems VS was stuck and when I click on the VS icon on the taskbar, it showed the message : "Microsoft Visual studio is waiting for an internal operation to complete. If you regularly encounter this delay during normal usage, please report this problem to Microsoft."

P/S: I used NopCommerce 3.1 and VS2013 Pro (the same problem with VS2012 Ultimate)
10 years ago
I am installing nopcommerce in http://www.aspnethosting.co.uk/.
I can deploy the web correctly BUT when I get to the admin menu the menu doesn't fire events so I cannot navegate through the menu options.

I suppose that this issue is related to the ajax libraries but I wonder why it works when I deploy in my local computer and not when I deploy in http://www.aspnethosting.co.uk/

Thanks and looking forward to your help.

Jose
10 years ago
HI NOP Guys,

I am trying to install the latest version of nopcommerce on godaddy.
I am entirely new to nopcommerce, I copied the package with no source in httpdocs folder in godaddy account.

But when I try to go on [mysite].com, I get below error.
Access to the path 'G:\PleskVhosts\fashionatpayals.com\httpdocs\Plugins\bin\Nop.Plugin.DiscountRules.CustomerRoles.dll' is denied.

as in my opinion all the access is granted (Although I havent changed anything on godaddy) but when I try to check the path , the stated dLL is not in plugins/bin, insterad in is in plugins/discountrules.customerroles/discountrules.customerroles.dll

Please advise
10 years ago
I have installed NopCommerce (Kokopala.com) and uploaded product pictures etc. Looking beautiful. My hosting compay is Arvixe.com.

I have got stuck up in setting up "Payments.PayPalDirect". I believe I have mapped all the correct fields.

NOP Commerce                      Paypal      
=============                 ======
API Account Name            ->   API Username
API Account Password      ->   API Password
Signature                          ->   Signature

However when I process a payment, I get the following error:

"Payment error: LongMessage: This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration. ShortMessage: Invalid Configuration ErrorCode: 10501"

I contacted Paypal. They looked at it and said it was due to the Host who was not supplying the credit card information. Then I contacted the Host (Arvixe.com) and they confirmed there was no problem on their end.

Are there any issues or further setup required to make "Payments.PayPalDirect" work?

Thank you
10 years ago
i want to install nopCommerce.I want to using framework  Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and MVC3.What version is convenient for me and how to get?Please:
10 years ago
Ok everyone. Nothing wrong with NOP Commerce here. It is a Paypal error. You need to get Pay Pro or something..

alikuli wrote:
I have installed NopCommerce (Kokopala.com) and uploaded product pictures etc. Looking beautiful. My hosting compay is Arvixe.com.

I have got stuck up in setting up "Payments.PayPalDirect". I believe I have mapped all the correct fields.

NOP Commerce                      Paypal      
=============                 ======
API Account Name            ->   API Username
API Account Password      ->   API Password
Signature                          ->   Signature

However when I process a payment, I get the following error:

"Payment error: LongMessage: This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration. ShortMessage: Invalid Configuration ErrorCode: 10501"

I contacted Paypal. They looked at it and said it was due to the Host who was not supplying the credit card information. Then I contacted the Host (Arvixe.com) and they confirmed there was no problem on their end.

Are there any issues or further setup required to make "Payments.PayPalDirect" work?

Thank you