Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce.

10 years ago
I have the paypal pro $30/month and I am still having issues.

When I call paypal, what do I tell them that they need to do? Is it a reset of the API key?

Jeremy
10 years ago
I need the documentatio of the Nocommerce shopping cart and it's not working for me.

can some one help me please. I'm tring to open nocommerce shopping cart on visual studio.  when I opened the "Nopcommerce.sln" file i get a error message that says "the selection file is a solution file created by a newer version of this application and cannot be opened".

I need help as I got stuck in running it from my visual studio 2010 please.

Thank you for your help.
10 years ago
The error message says it all " solution file created by a newer version of this application".
You need VS 2012 to edit nopCommerce 3.30
10 years ago
All the help docs and posts throughout the forums always specify needing "write" permissions for given files and directories.  However, the specified directories and files are being checked for both "write" and "modify" permissions.  I'm not even sure that "modify" without "write" is a valid permission setting.  The docs should reflect the need for "modify" permissions.  When setting "modify" permissions it will automatically select "write" permissions as well.
10 years ago
I have been doing all sorts of applications in ASP.NET, including online shops, so thought I give nopcommerce a go since TDD and MVC are supposed to produce superior quality applications.

I ran it in VS2012, went through the installation screen and ended up with the storefront in the browser. What could possibly go wrong? I tried to get to the administration login by navigating to /Admin. It redirects me to the home page login, I enter what I used when installing the app, and the username is not recognized. I look into the dbo.Customer table, and there is no such user. I try [email protected] / admin which is there, but that does not work. I manually add record for user I used to install the App, click "Recover", that adds another 5 empty records to the table, but credentials I reset don't work. Not a good first impression I must say.

Can anyone let me know what is wrong, or at least where can I set a breakpoint to debug this thing. Hundreds of files but nothing that looks like business logic for authentication :(
10 years ago
NickBCom wrote:
I have been doing all sorts of applications in ASP.NET, including online shops, so thought I give nopcommerce a go since TDD and MVC are supposed to produce superior quality applications.

I ran it in VS2012, went through the installation screen and ended up with the storefront in the browser. What could possibly go wrong? I tried to get to the administration login by navigating to /Admin. It redirects me to the home page login, I enter what I used when installing the app, and the username is not recognized. I look into the dbo.Customer table, and there is no such user. I try [email protected] / admin which is there, but that does not work. I manually add record for user I used to install the App, click "Recover", that adds another 5 empty records to the table, but credentials I reset don't work. Not a good first impression I must say.

Can anyone let me know what is wrong, or at least where can I set a breakpoint to debug this thing. Hundreds of files but nothing that looks like business logic for authentication :(

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/27211/frequently-asked-questions.aspx
10 years ago
I've tried to search for this error but haven't found any... I have published the web solution of nopCommerce from Visual Studio  with FTP&Release and I can access the install page.

I enter SQL-information etc but when I press "Install" I get this error:

"Page Could Not Be Loaded

We're very sorry, but the page could not be loaded properly. This should be fixed very soon, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Debug Info:

Response: Service Unavailable
XID: 1571426733"

Picture: http://fuskbugg.se/dl/9pEgjK/asdf.jpg

Hope someone can help!
10 years ago
eadameg wrote:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/27211/frequently-asked-questions.aspx

Eduardo, how your link is supposed to help this issue? Did you check your answer before posting it? I hope I am in community that is there to deliver a product, not to engage in contest who gives more answers or just play latest technology?
10 years ago
Nice
10 years ago
Hello, I installed nopCommerce on my website (hosted on domainrightnow) from valueapplications.com
I got email that the installation was successfull, but when it click on the link to access my admin panel it brings 404 Error.

Do I have to make additional configurations after the installation to get access ?

Thanks