Compile error - conflict between different versions Nop.Web

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
mustafapat wrote:
Change Referances
Remove System.Web.Mvc.dll Runtime Version v4.0.30319 Version 4.0.0.0
Add System.Web.Mvc.dll Runtime Version v4.0.30319 Version 3.0.0.0

Remove System.Web.WebPages Runtime Version v4.0.30319 Version 2.0.0.0
AddSystem.Web.WebPages Runtime Version v4.0.30319 Version 1.0.0.0

Are you talking about recently released version 2.40 or upcoming 2.50 version which has this issue fixed as described here? 2.50 already references System.Web.Mvc.dll version 3.0.0.0 and System.Web.WebPages.dll version 1.0.0.0
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Change Referances
Remove System.Web.Mvc.dll Runtime Version v4.0.30319 Version 4.0.0.0
Add System.Web.Mvc.dll Runtime Version v4.0.30319 Version 3.0.0.0

Remove System.Web.WebPages Runtime Version v4.0.30319 Version 2.0.0.0
AddSystem.Web.WebPages Runtime Version v4.0.30319 Version 1.0.0.0
Are you talking about recently released version 2.40 or upcoming 2.50 version which has this issue fixed as described here? 2.50 already references System.Web.Mvc.dll version 3.0.0.0 and System.Web.WebPages.dll version 1.0.0.0

He is referring to 2.4 which is the issue I had and this solved it.
12 years ago
using the latest code ... the error still happens. i verified the references are served from the folder under packages ...

Andrei. It compiles fine even when have the wrong references ... it's when  running the app that the error happens ..
12 years ago
sch09 wrote:
i verified the references are served from the folder under packages ...

Right. MVC 3 (not 4) assemblies are stored there and used by nopCommerce. When I look at the properties of the referenced System.Web.Mvc.dll and System.Web.WebPages.dll in Visual Studio (the latest source code, not recently released 2.40), I see that they have the correct versions (versions 3.0.0.0 and 1.0.0.0).

sch09 wrote:
It compiles fine even when have the wrong references ... it's when  running the app that the error happens ..

I run it and it works fine for me. On what page are you getting an exception? Any specific scenario?
12 years ago
it happen right at the start ... and everytime (at least on my dev machine)

The strange thing andrei is that after compiling from VS, i ran the 2 bat scripts. I then used CassiniDev to run the deployed files and it worked... and it's the same code that i could not run in debug mode from VS.
12 years ago
Try one more thing. In the root Web.config file, add a new <appSettings> entry with the key webPages:Version and the value 1.0.0.0:
<add key="webpages:Version" value="1.0.0.0"/>

Does it help?
12 years ago
But System.Web.Mvc 3.0.0.0 and System.Web.WebPages 1.0.0.0 are already referenced in the latest version (upcoming 2.50). Could somebody else download and try it? Are you getting any compilation or runtime errors?
12 years ago
I have installed MVC 4 on my dev machine. Had the issue with version 2.40.
Downloaded 2.50 from codeplex, built and ran it. No issues regarding webpages version.

Thanx!

When is v2.50 scheduled for release?
12 years ago
In addition to my previous post: I was not able to build in release mode.
I had to unblock: epplus.dll, FluentValidation.dll and iTextsharp.dll. (Just from explorer: rightclick, properties -> unblock)
11 years ago
just checking the WebPages reference did not resolve this for me. Also check the System.Web.Mvc assembly is the same version in all projects...a few were using v4 and others main app was using v3
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.