"Powered by nopCommerce" Copyright Removal Notice

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
zhuxiaodong wrote:
Hi AM,

i had purchased "Furniture responsive theme",
in that case, if i like to remove the "powered by nopcommerce" statement, do i still need to purchase the "Copyright notice removal license"?

thanks
shawn

Hi Shawn,

Right. You still need the copyright removal key
10 years ago
aatmey wrote:
We are going to buy Copyright Removal License in nearer days so after that we will remove "Powered By NopCommerce".
But Can we add "Powered by XXXXX" or "Developed by XXXXX" after purchasing copyright removal keys?

Yes, you can
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Hi Laviniu,

These are two distinct URLs (even if one of them in a virtual directory of another one). So you need two keys.

But I presume you're going to use "www.mysite.com/nopcommerce" for demo or test purposes. So if its URL clearly says that it's for testing purposes (contains "nopCommerce", "demo" or "test"), then it's fine to don't purchase the key. It's illegal in terms of our license, but no worries about it. So one URL for  "www.mysite.com" in your particular case.

Hello,
I have a similar situation.
I'm going to use (resell) nopCommerce in place of my actual (quite obsolete) ecommerce software for merchants and web agencies. I'm going to buy a removal license for the main www.mywebsite.it store (where I will sell software related services) and I need to setup a demo subdomain like:
demo.mywebsite.it
Can I avoid to buy one more license, clearly stating that this subdomain installation is a demo/testing site?

Do you confirm that I can resell the software (and related services) by respecting the NPL license? (therefore maintaining the nopCommerce copyright in every page, unless I buy a removal licensem for each ecommerce installation)?

Thank you!
Paolo
9 years ago
aspcode wrote:
Can I avoid to buy one more license, clearly stating that this subdomain installation is a demo/testing site

Hi Paolo,

No, you need two copyright removal keys (one for each site)

aspcode wrote:
Do you confirm that I can resell the software (and related services) by respecting the NPL license? (therefore maintaining the nopCommerce copyright in every page, unless I buy a removal licensem for each ecommerce installation)?

Yes. GPL (and NPL too) does not prevent you from reselling. Just purchase the copyright removal key for each sold installation and ensure that you're meeting our license terms
9 years ago
Thanks for your quick reply.
I have one more question:
If I'm going to resell the software (with some little customizations), which kind of license I have to attach with it? The NGPL license?
Could I adopt a customized license? Something like MYNGPL, basically the same as the NGPL but that requires my customers to have in every page the statement:
Powered by nopCommerce and MyCommerce
unless they buy a single-domain copyright removal key?

Thanks in advance,
Paolo
9 years ago
aspcode wrote:
If I'm going to resell the software (with some little customizations), which kind of license I have to attach with it? The NGPL license?

There's no such license as NGPL. We have NPL license

aspcode wrote:
Could I adopt a customized license? Something like MYNGPL, basically the same as the NGPL but that requires my customers to have in every page the statement: