nopCommerce 2.65 and 2.70 roadmap

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi Andrei

Hope you are well, I am very much looking forward to the next release, can you tell me if you have
a release date in mind, as I have a new project coming up and would very much like to use the new
version, I know you have said December, but we talking early or late December? as always your
clarification would be most appriciated.

Kind Regards
Ron
11 years ago
WDD wrote:
Hope you are well, I am very much looking forward to the next release, can you tell me if you have
a release date in mind, as I have a new project coming up and would very much like to use the new
version, I know you have said December, but we talking early or late December? as always your
clarification would be most appriciated.

Hi Ron,

Please see the original post here (UPDATE 2). It's the end of December. The only time-consuming task to be done is the new clear and user-friendly public store theme. The other planned tasks are quite small
11 years ago
UPDATE 3: Version 2.70 will be released in the beginning of December. Almost everything that was on its roadmap is implemented. A couple of tasks are postponed. A "new modern public store default theme" will be published as a separate package after 2.70 (please find more info here). After it's fully tested, it'll be added into the next official package (version 2.80). BETA testers are welcome!
11 years ago
Andrei, one last thing.

As ACL allows different customer roles to buy different products, do you think it is possible to have "Free shipping over X" where "X" is a paramer set for each role? This beacause for some customers (end users for instance) "X" can be a target, while for others (retailers that buy more expensive products, for instance) almost nothing.

In other words, for same customer roles free shipping can be unreachable or, if you set it a lower level, for others free shipping will become a standard, and this is a real problem.
11 years ago
infinito62 wrote:
Andrei, one last thing.

As ACL allows different customer roles to buy different products, do you think it is possible to have "Free shipping over X" where "X" is a paramer set for each role? This beacause for some customers (end users for instance) "X" can be a target, while for others (retailers that buy more expensive products, for instance) almost nothing.

In other words, for same customer roles free shipping can be unreachable or, if you set it a lower level, for others free shipping will become a standard, and this is a real problem.

You already can do it with 100% discount applied to shipping total and "must be assigned to a customer role" discount requirement
11 years ago
Hi Andrei

I would just like to clarify something regarding the .NET framework, will Nop 2.70 need to be run with
4.5 and if so will older sites prior to 2.65 work in the same environment. I ask as we have not added
the 4.5 framework to our server yet, and if it does is there anything i should watch out for.

Kind Regards
Ron Palmer
11 years ago
WDD wrote:
I would just like to clarify something regarding the .NET framework, will Nop 2.70 need to be run with

Yes

WDD wrote:
will older sites prior to 2.65 work in the same environment.

2.65 works fine with .NET 4.0 and .NET 4.5 (.NET 4.5 is an in-place upgrade to .NET 4.0)

2.60 does not work with .NET 4.5 installed. See this topic ("UPDATE 1" section)
11 years ago
Hi Andrei,

We have a few suggestions before 2.7 is released.
These are basically very small changes but they will have a huge impact for future plugin development.

1. Add a data-productId attribute for the product-item div in the _ProductBox.cshtml .
This way we will know the product id and be able to use it on the client side in javascipt. Possible usage of this is to get additional information about the product via ajax.

Now:
<div class="product-item">

Change:
<div class="product-item" data-productId="@Model.Id">

2. Another handy change would be to get back the PictureModels to the ProductOverviewModel. There is no need for you to populate it as there is already a DefaultPictureModel but this will allow us to add additional pictures for a given product via an ActionFilter when we need to do so.

We have another list of suggestions related to html changes and the new modern theme but we will write a separate post for this.

Many thanks in advance!
11 years ago
7Spikes wrote:
We have a few suggestions before 2.7 is released...

Sure. Thanks a lot for suggestion. I'll create work items

7Spikes wrote:
2. Another handy change would be to get back the PictureModels to the ProductOverviewModel. There is no need for you to populate it as there is already a DefaultPictureModel but this will allow us to add additional pictures for a given product via an ActionFilter when we need to do so.

Maybe, adding some kind of dictionary to the base class (BaseNopModel) is better. This way developers can add any custom property (not just PictureModels)
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Sure. Thanks a lot for suggestion. I'll create work items

Many thanks!

a.m. wrote:

Maybe, adding some kind of dictionary to the base class (BaseNopModel) is better. This way developers can add any custom property (not just PictureModels)

Great idea! This seem like the ultimate solution and will work for any model.

Many thanks again!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.