nopCommerce 2.65 and 2.70 roadmap

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Maybe, adding some kind of dictionary to the base class (BaseNopModel) is better. This way developers can add any custom property (not just PictureModels)

Done. Please see changeset 26418ea38e93
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Done. Please see changeset 26418ea38e93

Hi Andrei, that's great news!

Here is a list of some small(and not so small) improvements to nopCommerce from our Front End Developer that could help for making styling nopCommerce much easier and better.

1. Add an element that wraps the master columns together (left column, center column, right column). this is necessary for a specific design to be applied in the background of the columns only (after the header/navigation and before the footer), example:

<div class="content-wrapper"><div class="master-wrapper-side-2"></div>...<div class="master-wrapper-center-2"></div>...</div>

2. Avoid placing text in block elements without being inside a html tag !! this way it is not possible to style it and it's causing problems for example when you need to float all children inside the block element. example (the ":" symbol is not a part of a tag and it's causing problems):
  <div> <label></label> : <input/> </div> , and the same problem is present wherever a specific design is needed for an element that is not wrapped in a tag, for example here (the text "2011"): <li class="year"> 2011 <ul id="blog-year-2011"></ul> </li> ... for simple inline styles as color or font-weight it can be done through inheritance, but for a more complex block design it's not good at all to proceed this way. also, in some cases it is not SEO friendly.

3. Avoid placing title text in block elements without being wrapped in a propper html tag, this is not SEO friendly. example:
  <div>Title</div>, should be <div><h>Title</h></div> or at least <div><strong>Title</strong></div>

4. Please reconsider the use of definitions lists in nop-commerce (<dl>). definition lists' purpose is to be used for specification data and alike and NOT to replace html tables, and they are not binding to "fieldset" structure. fieldsets could contain normal block elements which is fully semantic structure.

5. Remove at all the 10 years old "IE6" type of clearing floats using empty divs with "clear:both" style, should be done through css only

6. Text elements that act as block "heads" should be wrapped together in another element for more flexibility, example:
  <a class="news-title">...</a><span class="news-date">...</span> , should be <div class=""><a class="news-title">...</a><span class="news-date">...</span></div>

Hope all these make sense and if you more specific examples or help we will be glad to help!

Many thanks!
11 years ago
IN 2.7 you can specify a percentage for credit cards. Is it the same percentage for all credit cards? Is there an option for debit cards now. As all UK companies who have a CC surcharge don’t apply it to Debit Cards (visa/MasterCard prepay)

Also can the store admins now manage the credit cards accepted?

If not is it something that could be looked at for 2.8

Manual Processing
Store owner/admin can add cards and the percentage for the cards? Unfortunately it also needs to add a warning about adding percentages for CC processing.
11 years ago
Could you please include necessary assemblies to get  Web API (mvc4) ready to use ? or do we have to keep the backward compatibility to mvc 3 ?
11 years ago
congthanhgiong wrote:
Could you please include necessary assemblies to get  Web API (mvc4) ready to use ?

Sure. Thanks!

congthanhgiong wrote:
or do we have to keep the backward compatibility to mvc 3 ?

No
11 years ago
thanks for prompt response. i saw you have updated Newtonsoft.Json.4.5.11 as well which is great as i got a lot of trouble with the old version to get it to work in .net 4.5.

I just tried to add an api controller (default template API controller with empty read/write actions) but cannot make a call.

http://localhost:2619/api/domain >> The resource cannot be found though i've put in a routing config  (in app_start folder)

config.Routes.MapHttpRoute(
                name: "DefaultApi",
                routeTemplate: "api/{controller}/{id}",
                defaults: new { id = RouteParameter.Optional }
            );

and use   WebApiConfig.Register(GlobalConfiguration.Configuration); in Global.asax

By the way, what's the advantage of using custom   routes.MapLocalizedRoute to the default one ?

can i localize the routing ? e.g:

routes.MapLocalizedRoute("ShoppingCart",
                            "cart/",
                            new { controller = "ShoppingCart", action = "Cart" },
                            new[] { "Nop.Web.Controllers" });

>> could i write like this

routes.MapLocalizedRoute("ShoppingCart",
                            "gio-hang/",
                            new { controller = "ShoppingCart", action = "Cart" },
                            new[] { "Nop.Web.Controllers" });

so in every language, i could make a localized routing call like above, like if i'm in english lang mode ->   domain.com/cart, in vietnamese mode -> domain.com/gio-hang ?
11 years ago
congthanhgiong wrote:
thanks for prompt response. i saw you have updated Newtonsoft.Json.4.5.11 as well which is great as i got a lot of trouble with the old version to get it to work in .net 4.5.

I just tried to add an api controller (default template API controller with empty read/write actions) but cannot make a call.

http://localhost:2619/api/domain >> The resource cannot be found though i've put in a routing config  (in app_start folder)

config.Routes.MapHttpRoute(
                name: "DefaultApi",
                routeTemplate: "api/{controller}/{id}",
                defaults: new { id = RouteParameter.Optional }
            );

and use   WebApiConfig.Register(GlobalConfiguration.Configuration); in Global.asax

I've just tested it (copied the default register and controller API classes). Everything works great.

congthanhgiong wrote:
can i localize the routing ?...

Routes are located another way. www.domain.com/en/cart for English and www.domain.com/ru/cart for Russian. If you want to have your own route structure (as you asked), then it'll require some core changes.
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
UPDATE 3: Version 2.70 will be released in the beginning of December. Almost everything that was on its roadmap is implemented. A couple of tasks are postponed. A "new modern public store default theme" will be published as a separate package after 2.70 (please find more info here). After it's fully tested, it'll be added into the next official package (version 2.80). BETA testers are welcome!

Demo sites are updated to the latest version 2.70 (not released yet). Please test!
11 years ago
Hi sir,

I am new to nop Commerce 2.65. Please any one tell me how the user details and all data's are saved in sql server using the nopCommerce 2.65.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Vinothkumar.N
11 years ago
Hi Guys

When the new nopCommerce design is implemented, will it be with the new HTML5 semantic
markup, as this seems to be the new way forward using sections, headers, articles and microdata
tags that Google is so eager for us to use now days.

I suppose from a developer point of view, it's a bit of a pain, as it is like starting over, but having done
some research I can see benefits especially for e-commerce businesses, as it is all about relevance.

Kind Regards
Ron
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.