nopCommerce 2.65 and 2.70 roadmap

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
jariwalakrunal wrote:
MultiStore & Azure support also performance improvements. I think it is most important tasks

Agreed except MultiStore, I believe that before adding new features. NopCommerce should have best performance out of the box. Then definitely multistore need to be added.

I completely agree with this opinion.
11 years ago
Just reviewed work item set for 2.70 here.

Unfortunately, didn't find work items focusing on improving performance...

There might be chances that they are still not finalized. I request to nop team respectfully to discuss what are the performance related tasks they are going to finalize for nop 2.70, and give the chance to community to provide their input while finalizing the 2.70 roadmap.

Thanks & Best Regards
11 years ago
Guys, performance are ruled basically by some factors:

1) MVC. And here there's nothing to do. Mammy Microsoft plays the game.
3) Architecture. Nop code maybe can be more straightforward, O think that better optimization coul be done, but it's an endless war - and only one of he critical factoris
2) CSS. The more complex it is, the more flexible and customizable the site is - but takes time to load and cache
3) DB platform. If you taylor Nop for Oracle is a different matter than have it running under SQLExpress. If you run a site with 20000 products, at least use SQLServer in a clustered architecture, otherwise you can smoke a cigarette while product pages are loading
4) Server performances and bandwith hosting the site
5) Graphics
11 years ago
I understand what you're saying re performance. I'm running a 2.6 site on sql 2008 r2 on a shared host and it really does take a while.. i was thinking more doughnut caching and the like as well as some linq optimisation.. going to get some guys at work that love perf optimisation to take a look for some product listing wins..
11 years ago
Performance is the key as currently we can not justify to customers why the website is slow while comparing to other shopping carts. It is always good to have more features but it will be nice to make them configurable so only turn on the feature that is required to reduce the extra loading time.
11 years ago
Ok, I agree with no doubt. I just tried to point out some questions.
I don't know if Andrei tested the solution under different loads and platforms.

My suggestion is this:

1) Define all of us three REAL scenarios, so 3 theorical sites
2) I make at the comunity disposal my server in server farm. We can test both under SQLExpress 2005 on-board and SQL Advanced Server clustered under dedicated 8proc servers
3) Study the performance of the scenarios above and try to find best solutions (if any).

That's all I can do, and I do it with absolute pleasure.
11 years ago
infinito62 wrote:
Guys, performance are ruled basically by some factors:

1) MVC. And here there's nothing to do. Mammy Microsoft plays the game.
3) Architecture. Nop code maybe can be more straightforward, O think that better optimization coul be done, but it's an endless war - and only one of he critical factoris
2) CSS. The more complex it is, the more flexible and customizable the site is - but takes time to load and cache
3) DB platform. If you taylor Nop for Oracle is a different matter than have it running under SQLExpress. If you run a site with 20000 products, at least use SQLServer in a clustered architecture, otherwise you can smoke a cigarette while product pages are loading
4) Server performances and bandwith hosting the site
5) Graphics

Hmmm...

I certainly believe that Performance is the most important feature and performance related issues must be addressed before adding new whistles & bells features into NopCommerce. Else, with the current performance issues NopCommerce is only good enough for small stores & not for a medium sized stores. Forget about serving enterprise level ecommerce stores.

If this is what NopCommerce team thinks, then its really bad for NopCommerce and its community. Forgive me if I'm being little harsh. But I think I'm right and as an active community member I should try to help NopCommerce move into right direction.

Before giving reasons for ruling out Performance, you should think how can you address the problems with innovative solutions. I agree its not possible in just one round of optimization, but a continuous task. But we have to start with it.

I don't think its MVC that is slow, architecture always need to upgrade to build scalable applications. CSS is not a problem when you have 4 seconds of waiting time to load first byte with just few thousands products and few visitors visiting the site. DB Platform again is quite capable, if you do proper caching & avoid expensive db calls. As other said, its the EF that is not producing efficient queries which might need to looked at from architectural point of view. Hosting infrastructure needs to be the finest. But what if site just don't work fine with few thousand product & few visitors.. then its not the hosting infrastructure but the application itself. Who says Graphics is slowing the site to respond faster.... I'm talking about time it takes to load first byte.

Few solutions as suggested by other community members are:
- Implement Full Page Caching / or store product detail page as html
- Use something like NoSQL db like RavenDB or integrate with Solr
- Implement Aggressive Caching
- I like to community to provide more ideas to improve performance

All this to avoid very very expensive db calls which is taking longer to execute.

I definitely agree with you when you say its very difficult and requires a lot of effort to implement.. but we have to start at some point... the sooner the better.
11 years ago
amir.taj wrote:
Performance is the key as currently we can not justify to customers why the website is slow while comparing to other shopping carts. It is always good to have more features but it will be nice to make them configurable so only turn on the feature that is required to reduce the extra loading time.

Completely agree with you!
11 years ago
jariwalakrunal wrote:

See the original topics post (here):
"all development efforts will be focused on improving existing functionality/performance/usability, refactoring, fixing bugs, and making nopCommerce more pluggable."
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
See the original topics post (here):
"all development efforts will be focused on improving existing functionality/performance/usability, refactoring, fixing bugs, and making nopCommerce more pluggable."

Hi, thank you for your update.

We really like to know what are the specific tasks nop team is planning that are focused on performance optimization. I have reviewed work items for 2.70 but didn't find any such tasks focusing on those.

I think this is where nopteam have still not finalized performance optimization tasks, and we like nopteam to look into this to decide on performance related work items listening to community members and discuss about its inclusion into 2.70.

Will love to hear more on this, nopcommerce is great piece of software to build ecommerce store and lets get start to make it even better.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.