nopCommerce 2.65 and 2.70 roadmap

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
jariwalakrunal wrote:
We really like to know what are the specific tasks nop team is planning that are focused on performance optimization.

I have a list of notes but it's not published (because written in Russian). It's based on the forum discussions which I follow and my own investigations. But they are just drafts and most of suggestions require a lot of investigation to be done first. So to summarize there's no any public list of specific tasks.
11 years ago
thank you andrie for clarifying this.

We really appreciate if you can share those and allow community members as well to investigate the issues and provide their comments.

Regards
11 years ago
It contains things like "output and donut caching", "full page caching", "database indexing", etc. But such things are obvious and well known. These tasks just need to be investigated and done (if possible)

There are also a a list of local places which should be refactored. And they are really important and hard to find. It would be really great if the community could help finding such specific places in source code. For example, have a look at this forum topic (the first post). This one or this one
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
It contains things like "output and donut caching", "full page caching", "database indexing", etc. But such things are obvious and well known. These tasks just need to be investigated and done (if possible)

It sounds great. I think these type of things takes Nop to Enterprise level.
Will these tasks be done in next version of Nop?
11 years ago
Dharmik wrote:
It sounds great. I think these type of things takes Nop to Enterprise level.
Will these tasks be done in next version of Nop?

I don't want to promise anything. Those are just notes/drafts.

Some of them are already done - "database indexing". Maybe, some new indexes should be added (located first)

Some of them ("output and donut caching") won't be done in the near time. I don't want to duplicate topics because it was discussed several times on the forums why it's not possible now (it's possible, but will make nopCommerce really complex to maintain. presentation model caching is much simpler approach with the same result).

Some of them should be investigated first (such as "full page caching")

Some of them depends on third-party libraries. For example, we cannot make EF support 2-level caching.

And there are some other points...

P.S. What is possible to be done will be done
11 years ago
I think it`s time to improve the look of the site. The design is one of the important things that one take into account when making decision to choose this shopping cart or another.  For now, nopCommerce has one design that looks finished, but it looks like an old-fashion website that was good for 2-3 years ago. (I don`t talking about a classic theme because it`l looks like all those sites that made by 12 -years old "webmaster")

So I thing it time to adapt the out-of-box design to some modern one, so that it could compete with other shopping carts because now it just can`t.

All the above was said with the purpose only to make NC better and not hurt someway the people who was made the current designs, it just a time to take one more step forward.
11 years ago
Olga,

The work item is already created. Please vote here
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Some of them ("output and donut caching") won't be done in the near time. I don't want to duplicate topics because it was discussed several times on the forums why it's not possible now (it's possible, but will make nopCommerce really complex to maintain. presentation model caching is much simpler approach with the same result).

Some of them should be investigated first (such as "full page caching")

Yes, I have looked at those topics, I understand your point very well for not doing donut caching.

What about Presentation model caching? Will that be included in 2.70?

And really looking to your comments for Full Page Caching. That is one of the most important update nopCommerce will have.

Well done andrie for such a wonderful product. And very much excited to see high performance nopCommerce.
11 years ago
I also agree with need of new modern theme... but Performance must be first.
11 years ago
Work item for Full Page Caching is here...

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/10983

available for voting.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.