First Data Global Gateway

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
ssjdoob wrote:
Has anyone gotten FDGG working with nopCommerce 1.9?

It wouldn't build at first so I fixed the code.  It builds now and I added the payment gateway in the configuration pages, but the Configuration tab won't render.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Read my instructions in this thread.  You'll find that it will build, but two of the original procedures are not found because others are referencing a different location.

If using Visual Studio, expand your code trees and references (usually over on the right of the IDE) and you should find them.  Remove them and Re-reference them, then build again.

This is what causes the blank configuration page.
13 years ago
I'm curious if there's any motion towards implementing FirstData's web services api (https://www.firstdata.com/downloads/marketing-merchant/fdgg-web-service-api-v3.pdf) to avoid the port 1129 problem.

I am, unfortunately, stuck with nopCommerce 1.6, but I imagine this would be useful to users of all version of the integration....
13 years ago
It wouldn't matter what you did with their API.  Incoming data to Firstdata would have to be on that specific port.  You can't "back door" their server.

The only work around would be to pay for a dedicated server at your hosting provider so that they will open a port, or put your own server on the net, and implement SSL and open that port.  Not an easy task.
13 years ago
Tangopdx wrote:
It wouldn't matter what you did with their API.  Incoming data to Firstdata would have to be on that specific port.  You can't "back door" their server.

Actually, I think that's incorrect; FirstData recently release a webservice-based implementation of their API that (according to the documentation I linked to above) requires only an HTTPS POST to send SOAP data to their servers for processing. It's not me doing something with their API - this is an alternate interface to their Gateway that they're providing.

I'll admit that I haven't dug through the docs all the way, but a brief phone conversation with Tech Support at FirstData yesterday indicated that port 1129 isn't required to use the webservice.  Indeed it would be quite surprizing if a webservice API required a port other than 80 or 443.
13 years ago
cori.schlegel wrote:

Actually, I think that's incorrect; FirstData recently release a webservice-based implementation of their API that (according to the documentation I linked to above) requires only an HTTPS POST to send SOAP data to their servers for processing. It's not me doing something with their API - this is an alternate interface to their Gateway that they're providing.

I'll admit that I haven't dug through the docs all the way, but a brief phone conversation with Tech Support at FirstData yesterday indicated that port 1129 isn't required to use the webservice.  Indeed it would be quite surprizing if a webservice API required a port other than 80 or 443.

Please keep us posted.
13 years ago
I had a First Data rep email you about integrating NOP v1.9 with their gateway, and Andrei sent back a notice that they will not be integrating new payment gateways anytime soon.

You guys might have heard of one of the largest banks in the United States called "Bank of America". It's in top four largest banks in the USA. Millions of small businesses and large businesses use this bank. Their credit card payment gateway is First Data.

In light of your quest to be the best shopping cart in the world, I have to say that your lack of native support for First Data is a huge mistake. Very ignorant business sense. Not only could you benefit from the free advertising by being on their list of supported shopping carts, but imagine how many businesses turn away from using NOPCommerce because of not supporting First Data payment gateway.

I've tried the v1.8 extension with v1.7 and v19 and IT DOESN'T WORK.

As a fan of your product, I wish you would reconsider and get this working. As a fellow business owner, I say you aren't focusing on customer needs well enough.
13 years ago
mypapermonkey wrote:
I had a First Data rep email you about integrating NOP v1.9 with their gateway, and Andrei sent back a notice that they will not be integrating new payment gateways anytime soon.

You guys might have heard of one of the largest banks in the United States called "Bank of America". It's in top four largest banks in the USA. Millions of small businesses and large businesses use this bank. Their credit card payment gateway is First Data.

In light of your quest to be the best shopping cart in the world, I have to say that your lack of native support for First Data is a huge mistake. Very ignorant business sense. Not only could you benefit from the free advertising by being on their list of supported shopping carts, but imagine how many businesses turn away from using NOPCommerce because of not supporting First Data payment gateway.

I've tried the v1.8 extension with v1.7 and v19 and IT DOESN'T WORK.

As a fan of your product, I wish you would reconsider and get this working. As a fellow business owner, I say you aren't focusing on customer needs well enough.

Well, you can implement First Data.  Just add a new payment provider via the code and instructions in this thread.  It isn't that hard (now that we got some gotchas worked out).  The problem is that most hosting providers don't open the required port for communication on shared servers.  You have to have your own server, or pay for a dedicated server with your web hosting provider.

So why would Nop add this payment provider as one of the pre-installed ones (easily done for them as the code has been posted here) when it won't work for most people in light of restrictions (by web hosting providers) that are beyond their control?
13 years ago
I see what you mean. I've been paying $39 per month for a Bronze VPS Win2008 server with Softsys and it has been fast and rock solid, and their support is top notch. Considering that First Data via Bank of America cost 1% less per transaction than Paypal (and $15 less per month) this is worth it.

Softsys has a current promotion for people who pre-pay for a year of service, so it only costs $25 a month for your own Win2008 virtual server!

My main point is that there are many other carts listed on their site as "certified", mostly PHP carts. NOPCommerce could be the top .NET cart on their site. If they really want to be one of the best shopping carts, they had better get on this list and stop making excuses. Otherwise they can sit back and settle for "mediocre shopping cart" status that only some people know about.
12 years ago
I followed Tangopdx's great instructions but get these errors in
the   \NopCommerce_FirstData_1.8\Nop.Payment.FirstData\FirstDataPaymentProcessor.cs file :

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x307/GaryNull/aFirstData.gif

The error says :
An object reference is required for the non-static field, method, or property

'NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Configuration.Settings.SettingManager.GetSettingValue(string)'

M:\NOP\FirstData_1.8\NopCommerce_FirstData_1.8\Nop.Payment.FirstData\FirstDataPaymentProcessor.cs
  55  23  Nop.Payment.FirstData

Also my "Configuration" tab in the admin in empty.
Another know how to fix this? Thanks
12 years ago
MikeMCSD wrote:
I followed Tangopdx's great instructions but get these errors in
the   \NopCommerce_FirstData_1.8\Nop.Payment.FirstData\FirstDataPaymentProcessor.cs file :

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x307/GaryNull/aFirstData.gif

The error says :
An object reference is required for the non-static field, method, or property

'NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Configuration.Settings.SettingManager.GetSettingValue(string)'

M:\NOP\FirstData_1.8\NopCommerce_FirstData_1.8\Nop.Payment.FirstData\FirstDataPaymentProcessor.cs
  55  23  Nop.Payment.FirstData

Also my "Configuration" tab in the admin in empty.
Another know how to fix this? Thanks

It MAY have something to do with code paths.  The above references the M: drive  and your pic says C: drive.  

I don't know what your setup is with Firsdata, but remember your server (yours or the web hosting you use) has to have that port open.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.