email validation mail not sent

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Is this happening because I need to add an email to the Configuration>Email Accounts>???

I'm trying to do this with a gmail account and I get this error...

Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpPermission, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
9 years ago
I'm bumping this because I have the same issue and have never seen a solution. Every email sends, no errors recorded. Email is not stuck in queue, but if it is a validation email most of the time the customer doesn't receive it. It seems to fail most often with Hotmail accounts, but not always. The messages have never turned up in a spam folder and ive tested a lot.
9 years ago
Is it possible your host is blocking it?

(What is a "validation email"  - Account Activation Email ?)
9 years ago
danbeaulieu wrote:
Is this happening because I need to add an email to the Configuration>Email Accounts>???

I'm trying to do this with a gmail account and I get this error...

Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpPermission, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

For Gmail, have you used similar settings to this? See here: http://www.strivingprogrammers.com/Blog/post/Lavish-Kumar/30/How-to-setup-Contact-Us-form-in-your-nopCommerce-store/
9 years ago
Splad wrote:
I'm bumping this because I have the same issue and have never seen a solution. Every email sends, no errors recorded. Email is not stuck in queue, but if it is a validation email most of the time the customer doesn't receive it. It seems to fail most often with Hotmail accounts, but not always. The messages have never turned up in a spam folder and ive tested a lot.

Have you checked if your emails are going in your customer's spam folder (instead of inbox) who are using Hotmail accounts?
8 years ago
Having same issue on 3.50 with email validation for new customers. Emails r from smarterasp.net Test emails works fine, contact us form works fine, only email validation doesnt work. Email stay in Msg Queue
8 years ago
Check for errors in System > Log
8 years ago
New York wrote:
Check for errors in System > Log

Error sending e-mail. Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: <j********@gmail.com> No such user here

what the hell this mean? 2 days ago when customer made registration he got email with registration, yesterday not.
8 years ago
Please check these 2 things:

1. Administration section > Configuration > Email accounts > try to sent a test email (see if it goes through)

2. Administration section > Content Management > Message Templates. Open the templates and make sure that they have "Is active" checked.

What kind of registration process do you have? email validation?
8 years ago
Hi,
i'm facing the same issue's as mentioned above.
Using Nop 3.20, working with e-mail validation.
Just tested with sendig a test e-mal, works fine.
Checked the message template newsletter,activation and this is activated.
Did anyone figured this issue out?
Really want everything to work.
Thx for a ton in advance!
Best regards Bart
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.