HOW TO: PayPal Standard Setup

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Safeairone,
Thank you for these instructions. Very well written and easy to follow. (Took me less than an hour to run through all the test account steps. Another 20 minutes to make sure the live site was running)

(FYI, on the paypal side I kept getting an error making the "seller" test account but I was still able to continue (ignore it). Seems like it is a problem right now for many people and the PayPal sandbox team is aware of it.)

Anyway, the live .05 cent test worked as well.

I really appreciate these instructions, everything is working smoothly because of your help!

Take Care,
Sid
13 years ago
Hi, somebody can help me?  I'm trying but the following error comes up in the paypal page:

Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.

What I have to change? or Where?
13 years ago
Thanks, now it's working!
13 years ago
The test went successful. However, the return URL displayed and ERROR instead of taking me back to my site.

http://myamericanfurnituregalleries.com.seaweed.arvixe.com/ErrorPage.htm?aspxerrorpath=/PaypalPDTHandler.aspx

Any tips in troubleshoot this error?

Regards,
13 years ago
Mark,

Very useful info - Thanks for puttin it together. Saved a lot of times. Just tested with sandbox. Need to implement it on Prod.

Thx
13 years ago
Thanks Mark, this saved me some hair-pulling [=
12 years ago
Excellent post Mark. Thank you very much, worked like a charm the first time.
12 years ago
Can I use these instructions for NOP 1.9 ?
12 years ago
MikeMCSD wrote:
Can I use these instructions for NOP 1.9 ?

Yes, they worked for me.
12 years ago
thanks rg, . . . .

I'm a little confused on which PayPal type this is.
I've seen PayPal used in 2 ways :

1.) The customer fills out the Billing and Shipping address information at the website (store) they are buying from,
      clicks a "PayPal" button, and is sent to PayPal to pay the bill.

2.) Customer clicks a "Pay now with PayPal" button and is sent directly to PayPal
     (without filling out any Billing and Shipping address information at the store they were at).
     After customer pays at PayPal, he is sent back to the store, and all his Billing and Shipping address information
     gets filled in automatically for the store : the info was transferred from PayPal to the webstore.

Which type of PayPal is this? Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.