HOW TO: PayPal Standard Setup

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hello

I am having some real problems with Paypal Standard, I have followed guides on how to set it up.  I have followed those instructions and set it up.  I do not have time to setup a sandbox so I am using a credit card and purchasing my product.  The problem is when I purchase it, since I am using Paypal Standard it redirects me to their site but won't allow me too use my credit card to purchase products only my Paypal.  I dont know why this is happening can anyone help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)
10 years ago
PayPal Standard looks for a cookie set the last time you were logged in at PayPal. If it finds it, it blocks the ability to use a credit card as you have proven to already have a PayPal account. On the odd occassion... I have cleared the cookies completely and still have no option for a credit card so there may also be a quick check on the buyers email address in the order but I haven't bothered to dig into that possibility.
10 years ago
Thanks safeairone

Its really help full.

:)
9 years ago
AFRX wrote:
Hi Everyone,  Paypal configuration gave me quite a bit of trouble, but I finally got it working.  Here are some of the insights gained:

Which option to use?
+ Paypal Express Checkout works great, but it is only for current Paypal account holders. (no credit card processing)
+ Paypal Direct (credit cards) will only work for Paypal Pro Accounts ($30/month at this time)
+ Paypal Standard allows customers to pay with a credit card, but does not require you to have a Paypal Pro Account (no extra monthly charge!) - this is your Best option for credit cards through Paypal.

Paypal Standard:
When customer clicks the Cart's 'Confirm' button, he is taken to a Paypal page showing a detailed list of items purchased, including shipping charges.  Customer can enter credit card information, or login to their Paypal account to pay for purchase with Paypal balance.

More info at: https://merchant.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/wp_standard

Paypal Standard setup is easy:

on Paypal side:
+ Go to: My Account > profile > selling tools > website payment preferences:
+ auto-return= ON
+ return-URL = http://[yourstore.com]/PaypalPDTHandler.aspx
+ payment-data-transfer = ON
+ you can leave everything else as-is
+ click SAVE
+ Now go back again to > profile > selling tools > website payment preferences:
> your Payment Data Transfer (PDT) identity token is now displayed.
(You'll need to copy and paste it into nopCommerce - see below)

on nopCommerce side:
+ Go to: Configuration > Payment > Payment Method >  'Paypal Standard' > click Edit > select 'Configuration' tab
+ uncheck 'use sandbox'
+ supply email address for your paypal account (your login id)
+ Payment Data Transfer (PDT) identity token (PTI Identity Token on configuration screen)
+ set the 'Pass product names and order totals to PayPal' checkbox.
+ select 'System Info' tab
+ check Active
+ SAVE

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot, your instructions worked.
The instructions on the NOP setup have the incorrect return address.
Thanks
Charl
9 years ago
Thanks a lot.
8 years ago
Hi

I am using the paypal standard payment gateway

I have set INR as base currency and when i try to pay via paypal getting error

This recipient does not accept payments denominated in INR. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his Payment Receiving Preferences to accept this currency.

As in paypal there is no INR currency so i can't also able to add INR

so what i need to do?

Please help me to configure my INR in paypal via this plugin

Thanks
7 years ago
Hello,

I have problem with PayPal Standard. The problem is, that after the configuration and everything it is not working. The bigger problem is that before 2 3 months I have configured it and it worked perfectly, but now the PayPal Standard is not working. I checked my credentials in Pay Pal then I setup everything again, but nothing happen.

Could you please check what is happening right now with Pay Pal Standard plugin.

Thank you!
7 years ago
Hi Mark or anyone else that can help me.  I have had paypal successfully linked to my account for some time.  But it seems since one of the upgrades it has taken away this right and my clients are no longer getting directed to paypal.  I have tried to find the problem but cant seem to find it - was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so what is the solution??  Thanks
7 years ago
I have exactly the same problem as Ozzie Nomads (I use nopCommerce 3.6) and any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for the help in advance!!!
7 years ago
video link is broken
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.