HOW TO: PayPal Standard Setup

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
MikeMCSD wrote:
thanks rg, . . . .

I'm a little confused on which PayPal type this is.
I've seen PayPal used in 2 ways :

1.) The customer fills out the Billing and Shipping address information at the website (store) they are buying from,
      clicks a "PayPal" button, and is sent to PayPal to pay the bill.

2.) Customer clicks a "Pay now with PayPal" button and is sent directly to PayPal
     (without filling out any Billing and Shipping address information at the store they were at).
     After customer pays at PayPal, he is sent back to the store, and all his Billing and Shipping address information
     gets filled in automatically for the store : the info was transferred from PayPal to the webstore.

Which type of PayPal is this? Thanks

It's the first type. The customer fills out the Billing and Shipping address at the store, clicks Next and is redirected to the PayPal site where he can log in and pay with PayPal or not log in and pay with a credit card. Then PayPal redirects back to the nopCommerce store and completes the purchase.
12 years ago
Works fine but...

I have the shop set up for danish kroner, but when i'm redirected to paypal on checkout, the currency is in US dollars!??

Anyone have an idea why?
12 years ago
Have a look in Profile Manage Currencies and set DKK Primary
12 years ago
Solved it... was missing a "K" in currency code... "DKK"

And thanks Thomas... PayPal is now running although it is only PayPal Standard... would rater have PayPal Direct.
12 years ago
Great walkthrough. It helps me a lot.
Thanks
12 years ago
Hi Everyone,  Paypal configuration gave me quite a bit of trouble, but I finally got it working.  Here are some of the insights gained:

Which option to use?
+ Paypal Express Checkout works great, but it is only for current Paypal account holders. (no credit card processing)
+ Paypal Direct (credit cards) will only work for Paypal Pro Accounts ($30/month at this time)
+ Paypal Standard allows customers to pay with a credit card, but does not require you to have a Paypal Pro Account (no extra monthly charge!) - this is your Best option for credit cards through Paypal.

Paypal Standard:
When customer clicks the Cart's 'Confirm' button, he is taken to a Paypal page showing a detailed list of items purchased, including shipping charges.  Customer can enter credit card information, or login to their Paypal account to pay for purchase with Paypal balance.

More info at: https://merchant.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/wp_standard

Paypal Standard setup is easy:

on Paypal side:
+ Go to: My Account > profile > selling tools > website payment preferences:
+ auto-return= ON
+ return-URL = http://[yourstore.com]/PaypalPDTHandler.aspx
+ payment-data-transfer = ON
+ you can leave everything else as-is
+ click SAVE
+ Now go back again to > profile > selling tools > website payment preferences:
> your Payment Data Transfer (PDT) identity token is now displayed.
(You'll need to copy and paste it into nopCommerce - see below)

on nopCommerce side:
+ Go to: Configuration > Payment > Payment Method >  'Paypal Standard' > click Edit > select 'Configuration' tab
+ uncheck 'use sandbox'
+ supply email address for your paypal account (your login id)
+ Payment Data Transfer (PDT) identity token (PTI Identity Token on configuration screen)
+ set the 'Pass product names and order totals to PayPal' checkbox.
+ select 'System Info' tab
+ check Active
+ SAVE

Hope this helps!
12 years ago
thanks for the instructions AFRX.

>> Paypal Express Checkout works great, but it is only for current Paypal account holders. (no credit card processing).

But wouldn't people who want to use credit cards just use the credit card option?

The good thing about Express is that they can just click that button from the shopping cart
and be taken to PayPal, and all their Billing/Shipping address information will be automatically filled out.

I setup Standard and it works, but I'm thinking of using Express instead.
12 years ago
Thanks mark. have few clarifications. when i make  purchased through the website before i am redirected to the paypal the ystem send me messages saying  complete order.

why nopcommerce generate emails to customer before he even login to paypal.?

any workaround appreciated.
12 years ago
I'm using 1.60 (the default option provided by my hosting provier) and I have followed all the steps but when I am checking out I select paypal standard as my payment option, then under payment info I get the "You will be redirected to PayPal site to complete the order." button and when I click next it doesnt take me to paypal, it just goes direrctly to the order confirmation. I have tried un checking the "use sandbox" option with the exact same results.

Any ideas?
11 years ago
Hello,

I have been trying to configure PayPal Standard, I have followed all the instructions on sandbox environment and everything looks good but when I try purchasing an item from the site, PayPal loads with the page "Please login to use the PayPal Sandbox features."

Did anyone experience the same thing or am I missing something out?

Regarda
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.