Nop 2.8x Multi store/vendor

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Jackluv wrote:

I can answer those questions by browsing the demo store.

1: The store1 owner register's normally.  
2: The Site owner changes their role to "Registered" and  "Store Manager" in the Customers area.
3: The next time the store1 owner signs in, he gets an admin link at the top that allows him to manage his mini menu. (manage products etc)

I also browsed the demo store too.

So the answer to my question then is NO. It's not like eBay/Amazon.

It doesn't allow you to choose from get go to register automatically as a Manager/Vendor or just a basic customer.

You have to wait, until the site owner finally logs on, and signs you up as a Store Manager.

BTW, how do you let the site owner know whether to sign you up as a Store Manager/Vendor - or to keep you as just a normal customer?

Sorry for so many questions.

Happy New Year
11 years ago
blkcloud wrote:

I can answer those questions by browsing the demo store.

1: The store1 owner register's normally.  
2: The Site owner changes their role to "Registered" and  "Store Manager" in the Customers area.
3: The next time the store1 owner signs in, he gets an admin link at the top that allows him to manage his mini menu. (manage products etc)

I also browsed the demo store too.

So the answer to my question then is NO. It's not like eBay/Amazon.

It doesn't allow you to choose from get go to register automatically as a Manager/Vendor or just a basic customer.

You have to wait, until the site owner finally logs on, and signs you up as a Store Manager.

BTW, how do you let the site owner know whether to sign you up as a Store Manager/Vendor - or to keep you as just a normal customer?

Sorry for so many questions.

Happy New Year

That would be arranged prior to him actually signing up. For example, I have had manufacturers ask me if I want to sell their products on my store. If I had that multi store, I would allow them to market them themselves.
And then I would get a set commission from the sales.

I may be wrong? But as I see it now, One problem is still the drop shipping. nopC only has the capabilities to calculate shipping cost from one facility. I hope they fix that soon. It has been proposed many times. I thought it would be in 2.7 and I waited for a long time for that to be released only to find out it still dont support drop shipments.

Two stores and both calculate shipping cost from one place.... That wont work.
11 years ago
Jackluv wrote:

That would be arranged prior to him actually signing up. For example, I have had manufacturers ask me if I want to sell their products on my store. ....

That's NOT a good setup.

A guy in another town that Google's your site and wants to set up as a vendor/seller shouldn't have to have an initial chit-chat first, to see if you like to sell their products.

They should be able to sign up and register automatically as a Vendor/Store Manger and get going.

There should be a set of options on the register form for folks to select if they wish to register as a Vendor/Store Manager or just a shopper/customer.

That's my view.

Cheers
11 years ago
I think everybody has different needs.

For example: I sell trucking supply. I dont want somebody to put totally non relevant products on my site. I would have to discuss first. And, I am loyal to some of my suppliers. I dont want to step on them either.

But, your right in a different scenario. Like classified ads.
11 years ago
The multi vendor app here was developed by Hezys for his own needs and loater shared with the community and it is not a Nop official version.

As mentioned by Jack  there can be multiple versions for different needs. Here are some:

Multi-vendor (drop-shipping): several vendors selling under one store (as this in Nop)which has only one common: domain, skin, product catalog, customer db, payment and shipping methods, reward points, discounts, etc. There are several administrations, one general which sees and controls everything and one for each vendor from which he updates his products and sees and controls the portion of the orders refering to his products. This is, in real life similar to some department stores which provide (or "rent") places to vendors to display their products but customer pay at store's checkout. The vendors do not have control over the customers base nor the discount. promotion and reward strategies, etc.  Amazon could be a case of multi-vendor.

Multi-Store: Several stores sharing one or several parts of the cart system. Here we can have different combinations and cases. Examples:
- Like a pizza (or groceries, supermarket, etc.) chain with a general catalog,  but not all product and prices are alike in all branches: One domain (each store might have its subdomain); one skin; one central customer db; common payment and shipping methods, and discount and rewards settings; etc. Individual stores hava their administration to check/control thir orders and to select their products and pricing from general catalog.

- Like a mall: several stores under one roof. One general domain and other common infrasturcture (i.e. delivery, credit card processing, rewards, etc). Each store has its domain (redirected to its subdomain in the general domain) skin (sometimes from a set of templates provided by the mall), catalog, customers, discounts, individual payment and shipping methods.  The Mall might have a general catalog, encompasing all individual catalogs, for the purposes of aiding the customers to do searches and then refer them to the individual store. It may also provide customer service, call/chat center and a guaranteies to customers. Ebay can be in a combination of this and previous case.

- Like a shopping district where all stores are independent (domain, skin, customers, catalog, payment/shipping, discounts/rewards, etc.) but they all share a common cart system (most db's are individualized), so that the hosting and any enhancements are shared by all stores.

- A multi-Vendor could be considered a particular case of a multi-store.

I guess this topic is the subject for extensive discussions.
11 years ago
Thank you for that explanation. I am going to re-read it after I haven't been working for boo-coo hours. :)

Nonetheless.. Drop shipping from each store location is a necessity for it to work properly.

Is there any agreement with that or am I missing something?

I have to ask.. EADAMEG was your post hand written or copy/paste? My goodness?
11 years ago
Jackluv wrote:
Thank you for that explanation. I am going to re-read it after I haven't been working for boo-coo hours. :)

Nonetheless.. Drop shipping from each store location is a necessity for it to work properly.

Is there any agreement with that or am I missing something?

Maybe Shipping Director can do the job

Jackluv wrote:
I have to ask.. EADAMEG was your post hand written or copy/paste? My goodness?

Copy and paste from a previous post of mine ;-)
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:
[quote=eadameg]The multi vendor app here was developed by Hezys for his own needs and loater shared with the community and it is not a Nop official version. ....

Multi-Store: Several stores sharing one or several parts of the cart system. Here we can have different combinations and cases. Examples:
- Like a pizza (or groceries, supermarket, etc.) chain with a general catalog,  but not all product and prices are alike in all branches: One domain (each store might have its subdomain); one skin; one central customer db; common payment and shipping methods, and discount and rewards settings; etc. Individual stores hava their administration to check/control thir orders and to select their products and pricing from general catalog. ...

First off - I'd like to say thanks to Hezys for his hard work and for sharing with the community.

My initial interest was to find out if it were possible to include an option for users to choose, at the point of registration either to sign up as a Store Manager or basically a Customer, without having to wait for the site owner to set things up.

With the Store Manager option, you'd have an immediate access to your account dashboard to immediately start uploading your own products and making other changes allowed with the Store Manager privilege.

Because I'm new to this I'm curious to find out how hard it would be to do, and if Hezys has no intention of doing so, he'd allow a third party to introduce it to his work.

Thanks for taking time out to explain.
11 years ago
blkcloud wrote:
The multi vendor app here was developed by Hezys for his own needs and loater shared with the community and it is not a Nop official version. ....

- Like a pizza (or groceries, supermarket, etc.) chain with a general catalog,  but not all product and prices are alike in all branches: One domain (each store might have its subdomain); one skin; one central customer db; common payment and shipping methods, and discount and rewards settings; etc. Individual stores hava their administration to check/control thir orders and to select their products and pricing from general catalog. ...

First off - I'd like to say thanks to Hezys for his hard work and for sharing with the community.

My initial interest was to find out if it were possible to include an option for users to choose, at the point of registration either to sign up as a Store Manager or basically a Customer, without having to wait for the site owner to set things up.

With the Store Manager option, you'd have an immediate access to your account dashboard to immediately start uploading your own products and making other changes allowed with the Store Manager privilege.

Because I'm new to this I'm curious to find out how hard it would be to do, and if Hezys has no intention of doing so, he'd allow a third party to introduce it to his work.

Dont you see the problem of;
If you have many store owners signing up, then your left column will be too long if each store is listed there.

Obviously is it handy in certain scenarios, but not in others. i.e. if you want to have many signing up to be a store owner it would be OVER.
11 years ago
blkcloud wrote:

This would need some customiztion and I guess it can be done creating a new fork in Codeplex
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.