Multi-vendor roadmap. Let's discuss (UPDATE: done)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hi mhmd575

You'll be pleased to know we will be starting on a whole range of plugins shortly for the Multi Vendor site's which will include a vendor profile page with all there contact details and polices.
9 years ago
XtremeCommerce wrote:
You'll be pleased to know we will be starting on a whole range of plugins shortly for the Multi Vendor site's which will include a vendor profile page with all there contact details and polices.

Will any of these plugins include items discussed here: https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/12090 and here: https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/12091?
9 years ago
Hi Blake

Before we start on the project we need to know what A.M has in mind, as we do not want to duplicate anything, I do know that one of the work items is now active, so we probably won't be doing those, the idea we had was to make the site more user friendly with more vendor information and ratings etc.

If you have some other ideas we would be happy to look at it for you.
9 years ago
sch09 wrote:

2. your suggestions?

Awsome work andrei. way to go.

my suggestions :
1 - vendor localization and seo settings (it might be on your list already)
2 - vendor address and logo settings
3 - display "Sold by %Vendor% on products details page and product list.
4 - display and filter products by vendor.
5 - display a list of vendors
6 - vendors rating (very important with the new split orders feature) : customers should  rate vendors for their service.
7 - vendors should choose which shipping they use.
8 - Should vendors be able to reply to customers notes and comments ?

thank you again for the hard work.

I shall add another 9 to this suggestion.

9 - Add product category to each vendor name (like we browse product by category)

Thanks,
9 years ago
Hi Guys

You might be interested to know we are just about to have some plugins built for adaptive payments plus some other items,

•  Ability to set default commission percentage for vendors.
•  Ability to override default commission percentage for specific vendors.
•  Ability to override default commission and specific vendor commission for specific product categories (optional)
•  Each Vendor needs ability to setup their own shipping rate, one rate per country.
•  Each Vendor needs ability to setup their own tax rates by state, zip code, or range of zip codes.
•  During checkout, each vendor's products will be in their own cart.
•  Email needs to be sent to each vendor.

At the moment there are two of us going to share the cost, if you are interested in the items above and would like to contribute and share the cost with us, please let me know, as we are trying to get a few of us to make the job cheaper for
us all, at the moment we have had a quote for the PayPal Adaptive payments of $780, which will have both Chained and Parallel payments, let me know what you think, obviously the more people we have the cheaper the project will be for everyone, and hopefully we can also create other plugings for the Multi Vendor Project.

Also if you have any suggestions for other functionality for Multi Vendor Solution please let us know, but please note these plugins will not be offered for sale once completed, as it would not be fair to those who have contributed.

Please PM me if you are interested.
9 years ago
XtremeCommerce wrote:

•  Each Vendor needs ability to setup their own shipping rate, one rate per country.
•  During checkout, each vendor's products will be in their own cart.

If during checkout, each vendor's products will be in their own cart, why dont let them have their own payment methods?
I think Shipping and Payment Director plugins would be of help for your project

It looks very interesting and promising. You could later sell it at a good (high enough) price and share profits.

In the next few weeks I could share the link to a multi-vendor market place (with individual checkout/payment  for the items of each vendor) that we developed

Good luck!
9 years ago
eadameg wrote:

If during checkout, each vendor's products will be in their own cart, why dont let them have their own payment methods?
Good luck!

It would probably eventually go that way, but we would have to make each payment method compatible with PayPal Adaptive so that the cuts to the store owner are automatically paid out.
9 years ago
SilhouetteBS wrote:

It would probably eventually go that way, but we would have to make each payment method compatible with PayPal Adaptive so that the cuts to the store owner are automatically paid out.

Good point
9 years ago
SilhouetteBS wrote:

Hello, could you suggest what's the better way to implement such behavior?

I need to "split" the checkout process by vendor to each cart that contains a vendor product be paid to the vendor account.

So, if you have in your cart two products and those products belong to a vendor A and B the customer must do the checkout process twice.

But i think it's not possible to extend without changing the core system... Or it's possible?

Thanks
9 years ago
1. Vendor navigation: generate product category to each Vendor

2. Vendor theme: each vendor can apply different theme according their type of business...ex Electronic vendor have electronic theme, Computer vendor own a computer theme..etc.

3. Breadscrumb: on product detail page, if a customer find product by vendor navigation, a vendor link should be added to breadscrumb too.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.