Has anybody sucessfully upgraded 2.80 to 3.00 on Arvixe?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I have found the problem... folder permissions... I have created a new folder without correct permissions
10 years ago
Glad you was able to get this figured out and resolved. Thank you for updating us!
10 years ago
I have successful upgrade, but it's very very slow. Does anyone has same issue? it's working fine in localhost, but not arvixe
10 years ago
Can we please have your ticket ID so we can further assist you.

Thanks!
10 years ago
Hi, I upgraded 2.80 to 3.00 on Arvixe successful today.
Yes, at first, I found the website display at 2.80:
Server Error in '/' Application
Runtime Error
  Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.
So I decided to upgrade, I upgraded the database, deleted all files of website and upgrade new vesion 3.0 of all files, when open my website, It showed new install. I selected the reinstall (maybe, sorry I forgot it), It display the error above again.
I try to open the  Settings.txt to check, I Found the password for database I have changed it (I forgot it). So I changed it for correct and upgraded, well, the website is fine to 3.0 now.
So someone can try to check your Settings.txt, maybe it is the reason.
10 years ago
xiphorix wrote:
Hi, I upgraded 2.80 to 3.00 on Arvixe successful today.
Yes, at first, I found the website display at 2.80:
Server Error in '/' Application
Runtime Error
  Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.
So I decided to upgrade, I upgraded the database, deleted all files of website and upgrade new vesion 3.0 of all files, when open my website, It showed new install. I selected the reinstall (maybe, sorry I forgot it), It display the error above again.
I try to open the  Settings.txt to check, I Found the password for database I have changed it (I forgot it). So I changed it for correct and upgraded, well, the website is fine to 3.0 now.
So someone can try to check your Settings.txt, maybe it is the reason.

Thanks for the update.
10 years ago
I am trying to do a fresh install of nopCommerce 3.00 on an Arvixe Personal ASP plan. When I run the install everything seems fine as it completes without error, but after the install apparently completes it navigates me to the following:

http://mydomain/login?ReturnUrl=%2finstall

On this page none of the localization seems to be in place as all the labels look like the following examples:
"account.login.welcome", "account.login.returningcustomer", "Account.Login.Fields.Email:", etc.

I enter the credentials for the Admin account I entered on the Install screen and it seems to log me in since I can see the email address as a link in the upper right corner by "account.logout", but I am still on the login page with the url of:

If I try to use the menu and click on the "homepage" link, I again am returned to the login page and now I appear to be logged out again as the "account.register" and "account.login" links display in the upper right corner now.

So I tried deleting the Settings.txt file and re-running the install process, but then I started getting the error of "Setup failed: Sequence contains more than one element" on the install page.

Can anyone shed any light one what issue(s) I might be running into? I have tried multiple times this morning to get this working (even down to deleting all the files, the database, and database user and starting over) but having no luck.

One additional note that might be of interest is that last night when I first tried to get this running I started out by getting an ASP.NET compiler error code 1. So I opened a ticket with Arvixe and it was fixed by turning off 32 bit processes for the 4.0 Integrated pipeline.

Any insight would be great. Thanks!
10 years ago
altiss wrote:
I am trying to do a fresh install of nopCommerce 3.00 on an Arvixe Personal ASP plan. When I run the install everything seems fine as it completes without error, but after the install apparently completes it navigates me to the following:

On this page none of the localization seems to be in place as all the labels look like the following examples:
"account.login.welcome", "account.login.returningcustomer", "Account.Login.Fields.Email:", etc.

I enter the credentials for the Admin account I entered on the Install screen and it seems to log me in since I can see the email address as a link in the upper right corner by "account.logout", but I am still on the login page with the url of:

If I try to use the menu and click on the "homepage" link, I again am returned to the login page and now I appear to be logged out again as the "account.register" and "account.login" links display in the upper right corner now.

So I tried deleting the Settings.txt file and re-running the install process, but then I started getting the error of "Setup failed: Sequence contains more than one element" on the install page.

Can anyone shed any light one what issue(s) I might be running into? I have tried multiple times this morning to get this working (even down to deleting all the files, the database, and database user and starting over) but having no luck.

One additional note that might be of interest is that last night when I first tried to get this running I started out by getting an ASP.NET compiler error code 1. So I opened a ticket with Arvixe and it was fixed by turning off 32 bit processes for the 4.0 Integrated pipeline.

Any insight would be great. Thanks!

Hello,

What is your ticket ID? We'll try and do a re-install for you and troubleshoot from there.
10 years ago
Just opened a ticket: GNF-141-70973

Thanks for taking a look.
10 years ago
Hello altiss,

The specific issue you made a ticket about has been fixed, I've replied to your ticket.

Thank you,
Avesta
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.