nopCommerce 3.20 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Is there a mailing list for nopCommerce plugin developers?  I would love to know when you've frozen code for a release so that I can pull it down and update my plugins so they are ready to go.  I've gotten really busy lately and don't check the forums daily right now.
But what should this mailing list include? And when should it be sent? Please clarify (provide some example)

Let's say you have 10 items planned for this release and you just finished the last one.  You have a release candidate at that point and you're going to spend a week QAing it.  You could email the list and say, "we've entered the QA phase, ETA is 1 week".  Then the plugin developers can decide if they want to pull down the source or wait until the final release.  

Or if you QA as you go then just send one when you start the last item, "nopCommerce 3.2 is almost done, the final task is implementing X".  Then I know if my plugin touches X I should wait or if it doesn't I can update my plugin now and have it available on Day 1.

EDIT:  I assume this would be equally valuable for Theme creators.
10 years ago
AndyMcKenna wrote:
Let's say you have 10 items planned for this release and you just finished the last one.  You have a release candidate at that point and you're going to spend a week QAing it.  You could email the list and say, "we've entered the QA phase, ETA is 1 week".  Then the plugin developers can decide if they want to pull down the source or wait until the final release.  

Or if you QA as you go then just send one when you start the last item, "nopCommerce 3.2 is almost done, the final task is implementing X".  Then I know if my plugin touches X I should wait or if it doesn't I can update my plugin now and have it available on Day 1.

EDIT:  I assume this would be equally valuable for Theme creators.

Thanks. I presume we can name this newsletter "The version is coming in N days. Beta testers are welcome". In this case it's already done. And in most cases such newsletter was already sent out 9several times). Furthermore, you can always see a lot of all planned work items for certain releases and a list of already done work items for this release on codeplex issues page.
10 years ago
Would it be possible to send campaigns and add subscriptions by store?

Example:

the newsletter subscribers of my cycling store should only receive  a newsletter from this store and not from my other stores (soccer, basketball, ...)
10 years ago
Nesse wrote:
Would it be possible to send campaigns and add subscriptions by store?

Example:

the newsletter subscribers of my cycling store should only receive  a newsletter from this store and not from my other stores (soccer, basketball, ...)

Should i create  a workitem?
10 years ago
Nesse wrote:
Should i create  a workitem?

Thanks. Created. Please vote here
10 years ago
No doubt there are discounts for payment!
NopCommerce is difficult to promote here merely the absence of this feature.
Something like a discount associated with a form of payment. I think the best way to implement.
10 years ago
Hi Andrei

l would be happy if you inform about change MVC 5, because I don't find this information in Forum and Roadmap. For IT is very important information because we must change VS. In new version nopCommerce will be with MVC 5, this is great news, but please write earlier about your plans.

Regards
Krzysztof
10 years ago
Krzysztof Pajak wrote:
Hi Andrei

l would be happy if you inform about change MVC 5, because I don't find this information in Forum and Roadmap. For IT is very important information because we must change VS. In new version nopCommerce will be with MVC 5, this is great news, but please write earlier about your plans.

Regards
Krzysztof

Already moved to MVC5 (see the latest development version on codeplex). But actually you can continue using VS 2012 if you want. MVC5 doesn't require VS 2013

UPDATE: Although there is no design time support for Razor 3 in VS2012 due to changes in the way VS loads the razor engine.
10 years ago
Ok, thanks for info :)

Regards
Krzysztof
10 years ago
Hi guys,

Some development help is needed. If you have MSBuild skills, please see this forum topic.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.