nopCommerce 3.30 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Going to give it a go now... does this mean the admin panel is fully regionalised now?!
10 years ago
breakskater wrote:
Having a feature that is disabled does not negatively impact the performance of the application (because the code is never executed) and the blog and forum features combined only take up ~85KB of space on the server which is a very small amount of space. Regarding the build time, the Visual Studio compiler is highly optimized so the nopCommerce solution already builds fast. In addition, Visual Studio does not compile files that have not changed since the most recent build.

Actually, there are if/else statements all over the place that have to be checked to determine if the feature is enabled, so it's not true that the amount of code executed is the same. However, I see your point on the space. Regarding build time, unfortunately NopCommerce is prone to caching-related issues that often require cleaning/rebuilding the solution to see code changes properly applied (especially in the case of plugin development).

I am not discounting that for many stores the forum/blog may be useful, but for many others a FAQ is plenty for answering questions and not every small business has the capacity for a person to write a blog. I am not suggesting that these features be taken away altogether, but I am just wondering what the downside is (for those that do use these features) to have them in the form of plugins?
10 years ago
networkfusion wrote:
does this mean the admin panel is fully regionalised now?!

That would be a no then... any particular reason?

When hovering on dashboard it pushes the menu to the right slightly...

would it be possible to store the current page on the products menu so when clicking back to products it doesn't return to page 1... I find this particularly annoying...

when selecting a menu item causing a page reload the menu suddenly displays in text down the page whilst the new one is loading (particularly bad when loading a page for the first time)

considering the grey theme (I like it), change the headings, tips ?, and some other items in the grid (such as ticks and crosses) from blue.

But looking really good and much more mature!
10 years ago
Could not wait so Its up and running on my system
works perfect so far

One suggestion: add a css line to admin style

.k-grid table tr:hover {background: #d3d0d0;}

will mark the mouse line in a grid

it is small but significant, as someone already posted:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/17309/small-but-significant-css-change.aspx

well done
10 years ago
Regarding responsive theme design and CSS in general... Has anyone used less or dotless?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10779625/lesscss-and-asp-net-mvc
http://www.dotlesscss.org/

Could be worth transitioning over if extensive work to the default themes are required.
10 years ago
Feature improvement: make more clear that different Facebook API keys are required in GUI of external provider: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/27840/cannot-setup-multiple-facebook-logins-on-multistore-setup.aspx#113012
10 years ago
Adding the ability to limited a task by store.

Problem: I have 1 database but 2 seperate websites on different hosting platforms. Everything works like a charm, but tasks are executed twice.
10 years ago
Hi,

¿There is any possibility of hidden price of a product when the product is 0€ cost?

Is this feature already done or can be added?

Thanks!
10 years ago
Nesse wrote:

Problem: I have 1 database but 2 seperate websites on different hosting platforms. Everything works like a charm, but tasks are executed twice.

How have you configured it? Such multi-store configuration is not supported by nopCommerce. You can have only one IIS process on the same server (1 database, 1 website, several stores).
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:

How have you configured it? Such multi-store configuration is not supported by nopCommerce. You can have only one IIS process on the same server (1 database, 1 website, several stores).

I think he is talking about 2 different IIS sites using same database. And then some custom code to map domains with correct app.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.