nopCommerce 3.30 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
mayabellescloset wrote:
Disabling the feature does not remove these features from the code, thus build time and space on the server are still increased for no reason.

Correct. Disabling a feature does not remove the feature's source code; it only makes the feature unavailable to the end user. Having a feature that is disabled does not negatively impact the performance of the application (because the code is never executed) and the blog and forum features combined only take up ~85KB of space on the server which is a very small amount of space. Regarding the build time, the Visual Studio compiler is highly optimized so the nopCommerce solution already builds fast. In addition, Visual Studio does not compile files that have not changed since the most recent build. I do not see either space or build time as a premise for moving features to a plugin. The blog and forum features add value by driving unpaid traffic through organic search results to stores that leverage those features which merits its place in the codebase. Stores that do not have a built in blog or forum turn to third party blog, news, and forum sites for the afore stated reasons.

P.S. Retailers use popular forums to already answer product related questions and/or to drive additional traffic to their stores. But, what happens if the store's built in forum becomes the #1 forum or #1 ranked forum in the search results (at least first page)? It means the store owner no longer has to post in the third party forums (although still could) but can post in their own to get more traffic.
10 years ago
Please add multiple picture uploader. Each one of our products has 6 images or more. It's a pain uploading pictures one at a time especially when you have over 10k items.
10 years ago
I have a relatively minor request, and that is that BaseNopController get moved into Nop.Web.Framework.

As I have said before, I create a reference from Nop.Web to my Custom.Web project, which means I cannot currently access BaseNopController in my own logic.

I am adding quite a bit of functionality outside the scope of the eCommerce side of things, and I am sure I am not the only one doing this. But tapping into NCs notification system and 404 routing would eliminate the customizer from writing their own code.
10 years ago
mayabellescloset wrote:
Even if you need these features, they are just that - *features* (rather than core store functionality) - which belong in a plugin. There is no reason they could not be used as a plugin and no reason they have to be part of the core.

Feature vs Plugin is a subjective debate. Let's not go down that rat hole.

The primary focus should be refactoring stable features back into Interfaces, and then we can argue about the best way to implement them (plugin or core).
10 years ago
There was a work ticket for bundles to allow the user to select the quantity of a certain item, the v3.2 roadmap had "- Better bundle products supports" in it but I could not find a way to set qty for a product attribute, was it removed from v3.2 roadmap? Are there plans to have this on v3.3?

I think it would be wonderful if instead of just letting the user select options to also allow them to chose the qty of each option, for example.

Main Product: Desktop Computer
Product Attribute : Hard drive   Qty : 1 ~ 4
Product Attribute : Memory      Qty : 1 ~ 8
etc..
10 years ago
bsurfing wrote:
There was a work ticket for bundles to allow the user to select the quantity of a certain item, the v3.2 roadmap had "- Better bundle products supports" in it but I could not find a way to set qty for a product attribute, was it removed from v3.2 roadmap? Are there plans to have this on v3.3?

I think it would be wonderful if instead of just letting the user select options to also allow them to chose the qty of each option, for example.

Main Product: Desktop Computer
Product Attribute : Hard drive   Qty : 1 ~ 4
Product Attribute : Memory      Qty : 1 ~ 8
etc..

It is now in the roadmap for 3.3
You can set quantity when adding/editing an attribute value and you set Attribute value type: associated product. It is a fixed quantity, not a range (1-4)
10 years ago
wisenooty wrote:
Please add multiple picture uploader. Each one of our products has 6 images or more. It's a pain uploading pictures one at a time especially when you have over 10k items.

+1 on this. Any plans for when it will be added?
10 years ago
External login providers for mobile devices + a bit work around on layout (show those providers faster than register/ login). Also an issue has been created in linking already existing registered users to their facebook/ google (more instructiions/ workflow).

See this post:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/27528/facebook-google-login-on-mobile-devices.aspx#112766
10 years ago
Hi Everybody

We are using SQL Server for database. The use of SQL Server is very expensive, if we want to take full advantage of all features offered by SQL Server. Usually, we use Express version, which is limited to One Processor and 1GB of RAM only.

Being opensource in nature, nopCommerce users shall not be able to use Web Farm (requires multiple processors and big RAM) feature, due to expensive licencing of SQL Server.

Now, it is time to switch to some open source database, as EF supports many other database systems, other than SQL Server. I have investigate for MySQL and PostgreSQL and my vote is in favour of PostgreSQL, as this database management systems offers features and performance, which is above the SQL Server and without any cost. A simple comparison of both database system is here

At this time, two connectors are available for .Net connectivity with PostgreSQL:
1. NPGSQl: This is opensource and free, but does not offer much functionality.
2. dotConnect for PostgreSQL: This is not open source and they charge fee.

Now, it is time for nopCommerce community to look into this and decide this matter.
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
- Moving to Kendo UI (Telerik MVC Extensions development is dropped by Telerik team)

Testers needed. I've just finish this task. You can get the latest development version on codeplex (here). Please play with it and let me know whether it looks and works fine. Any further suggestions (related to Kendo UI)?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.