New responsive design for upcoming version 3.30. BETA testers needed!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi Guys

We would really appreciate it, if you could take some time to review the new bootstrap default theme and report any issues that you may come across, then I can finish off the theme and pack it up, I am hoping to release this for download over the weekend for you.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Please go here : www.nop32themes.co.uk
10 years ago
In a quick review in my laptop and iphone I didn't find any issues.
Great!
10 years ago
Hi Eduardo

Many thanks for taking the time to review the site, if anyone else has time please feel free to do so.

We are currently very busy, so I am not going to have time after this weekend so it is essential that it is tested by as many people as possible.

Please remember to feedback so we are sure there are no issues.
10 years ago
It looks great.
I would use bootstrap syntax for the form as well, inputs etc...
10 years ago
I was considering using JQuery mobile to create a responsive version of my new nop Commerce site.

What advantages will the 3.30 version give me over JQuery and what's the advantages of Bootstrap ?

I'm still researching and evaluating the best method to develop a RWD site using nopCommerce so would appreciate the thoughts of those out there with some experience and ideas on the best way forward.
10 years ago
Hi RC

Bootstrap is great for rapid development, you don't need two different sites, bootstrap will take care of all devices for you, there are also lots of great resources out there now including themes.

Take a look at getbootstrap it will give you a better idea what can be achieved with Bootstrap.
10 years ago
Hi,
I am with fbfrank, that a big point against the "smart" copycats is, to make nopcommerce ASAP safe for german law  (means, that specialized laywers can not demand penalty from nopcommerce-users due to be infringing the law). That's their biggest advantage beneath the modern look, that there is no other german law safe stable version for a M$-shop.

I think there are a few points missed (VAT § 19 and law change from June 2014) and I want to test the 3.30 - but am a total newbie to the codeplex system:
Could someone link me please to a list, what I have to download and to do in which order (I have nothing installed so far of nopcommerce). Should I install the stable version 3.20 before? Thanks in advance.

BTW: Another question I do not understand from marketing purpose: Isn't it a good marketing for you, if there are as much shops as possible outside, with the "powered by nopcommerce", so that every shop is an advertising for you with the backlink? Why do you (or all OpenSourceDeveloper?) ground your business model on the delete-fee?

Best
bert
10 years ago
bertd wrote:
Could someone link me please to a list, what I have to download and to do in which order (I have nothing installed so far of nopcommerce). Should I install the stable version 3.20 before? Thanks in advance

There's no need to install 3.20 before. You can find more info on how to use the latest development version (3.30) here (read "Mercurial (DCS) version for developers" section).

P.S. Please create a new topic for all further questions not related to the original one. It has nothing common to the new responsive design.
10 years ago
* I moved this to the correct thread... my bad! ;) *
10 years ago
I did'nt find 'Responsive design supported'in admin area > configuration > settings > general and miscellaneous settings. I am using 3.20.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.