New responsive design for upcoming version 3.30. BETA testers needed!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
'Responsive design supported' is in 3.30 version, you can download beta version here http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets
10 years ago
Just updated our demo site with the latest version with responsive design enabled. Please give it a try (on your mobile devices)
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Just updated our demo site with the latest version with responsive design enabled. Please give it a try (on your mobile devices)

I works great in iPhone 4 with Chrome and Safari as well in a notbooke stretching the window to different sizes. I found the following problems with letter sizes in iPhone:
- In the drop-box with very long values as in Build your own computer the selector displays large characters and cannot display the whole value plus the price adjustment of long texts such as the Processor selection. For the case of stretched windows the text is displayed beyond the
- Something similar happens with the box of preliminary search results, but in this case some results are displayed in 2 lines. Try it with "adi".
10 years ago
eadameg wrote:
I works great in iPhone 4 with Chrome and Safari as well in a notbooke stretching the window to different sizes. I found the following problems with letter sizes in iPhone:
- In the drop-box with very long values as in Build your own computer the selector displays large characters and cannot display the whole value plus the price adjustment of long texts such as the Processor selection. For the case of stretched windows the text is displayed beyond the
- Something similar happens with the box of preliminary search results, but in this case some results are displayed in 2 lines. Try it with "adi".

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks a lot for testing. I've just created a work item
9 years ago
I completely agree with the need to support a responsive design in your OTB templates - given that we're in 2015.  However, dropping out support for RESS in complete favour of pure responsive design is a mistake (of sorts, in my opinion).  Why should a mobile device render unnecessary Javascript, CSS, and mark-up just to make it easier on the developer?  I do realise that this could easily be fixed by a plugin, and I haven't yet checked if someone has done this yet - so excuse me if it already exists.

I am being Devil's advocate here, as I too have done the same thing in the past - but seeing the performance difference now between stripping back my mobile payload versus leaving it all in makes me wonder why I have been so lazy in the past.  Responsive design is still important to break between device orientation and so forth, but that should be contained within mobile + desktop payloads.

Is anyone else with me on this, or do we not care at all about optimizing to this level?

By using this technique, I have achieved 100/100 PageSpeed score (so far - it's always a challenge making sure that it stays current).  I don't use this as my only indication, but it's a good benchmark.

Have you run the OTB responsive NOP template hosted site through PageSpeed?

Matt
8 years ago
You can also enable/disable responsive design by going to admin area > configuration > settings > general and miscellaneous settings and ticking 'Responsive design supported'.

I cannot seem to find this option, was it removed?
8 years ago
rbr wrote:
You can also enable/disable responsive design by going to admin area > configuration > settings > general and miscellaneous settings and ticking 'Responsive design supported'.

I cannot seem to find this option, was it removed?

That's right. It was removed in version 3.70
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.