nopCommerce 3.30 is coming. BETA testers needed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
seems to be a problem with date picker.
10 years ago
Hi

I have been experimenting with 3.30 looking very good as always, any way I notice that there is now an edit button on the shopping cart for products with product attributes that adjust the product price.

When the shopping cart edit button is clicked it takes you back to the product where you can change the product spec which will adjust the price great.

Now to my point (I have the store set up to NOT show shopping cart when product a is added to the cart) when I have adjusted the product spec, when I click the update button it does not take me back to the shopping cart which I think should be the desired action.

So I think the update button should take me back to the cart irrespective of how the store is set up.

What do you think?
10 years ago
Spire wrote:
Hi

I have been experimenting with 3.30 looking very good as always, any way I notice that there is now an edit button on the shopping cart for products with product attributes that adjust the product price.

When the shopping cart edit button is clicked it takes you back to the product where you can change the product spec which will adjust the price great.

Now to my point (I have the store set up to NOT show shopping cart when product a is added to the cart) when I have adjusted the product spec, when I click the update button it does not take me back to the shopping cart which I think should be the desired action.

So I think the update button should take me back to the cart irrespective of how the store is set up.

What do you think?

Maybe a new setting to enable that behavior would be advisable.
10 years ago
Attribute Filtering vs. Attribute Search Results ...

How feasible is it to include product attribute options & tags in our store search results? Mainly, if I was able to accomplish this on my own, would it slow down site performance?  While I do like how "selective" filtering of attributes or specifications can look on a web site, it seems more intuitive to allow these same items that can be filtered to also be searched for directly.

Case in point, let's say I have 10 categories for ten different types of gadgets, eg: 1) Televisions 2) Tablets & Mobile Devices 3) Chargers & Accessories 4) Covers & Protectors, etc.  As a customer shopping from a small-screen phone or tablet device (more and more the case today) it's harder to go into each category and expand the filter options in each to find a RED charger for the RED tablet and RED device protector that I want to purchase (totally as an example of how trends seem to happen). From this customer's perspective, it would be much easier to simply do a site search for "RED" and see results of all products that have a "RED" attribute option on them.

Even though this can be done with tags or by adding colors to the description or specs, some consumers don't know what tags are, and this also assumes the store owner didn't forget to add a color "tag" to a product, when it's easier to assume that we have certainly listed that color as an attribute option if we want to sell the product.  Also, most customers expect to jump straight to a site's search box and find what they're looking for without knowing database logic or a particular site's methods for tagging or describing their products (who can blame them) so having results pulled from title, descriptions, tags and most importantly product attribute options will yield the best results for them, and yield higher customer satisfaction and sales for the site owners.

*SIDE NOTE: in case anyone wonders why this is posted here, I guess I'm hopeful that if it's easy enough to work into 3.3 that this is our best chance of getting it done. Vote UP if you agree! ;)
10 years ago
Hi,

There is a small issue at admin side.  Resource string "admin.help.supportservices" is missing.
10 years ago
Dharmik wrote:
There is a small issue at admin side.  Resource string "admin.help.supportservices" is missing.

Everything is fine. The resource is there (see \Nop.Web\App_Data\Localization\defaultResources.nopres.xml)
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
I've just reverted history in TortoisHg (mercurial) to the changes made about 8 days ago before KendoUI was upgraded to the latest version. And... it started working fine. Seems to be KendoUI issue in version 2014.1.318.

Does anybody have a subscription in KendoUI so they fix it?

Looks to be true. This issue was reported here and fixed several days ago (more info here. The Telerik support team posted the updated kendo.popup.min.js file but did not post the entire kendo.web.min.js one. I could be hard to merge them.

Is anybody here on these forums who has KendoUI subscription and can share the internal build of Kendo UI Web v2014.1.320. I need only the updated kendo.web.min.js file with the fix

Up
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Is anybody here on these forums who has KendoUI subscription and can share the internal build of Kendo UI Web v2014.1.320. I need only the updated kendo.web.min.js file with the fix

Hi Andrei,

We have Kendo UI subscription. The latest internal build is 2014.1.328.
It is 33 MB. We just PM you with a download link.

Thanks
10 years ago
Thanks a lot. After some playing with the latest KendoUI version I decided that it's better to manually apply the fix because a complete replacement of the kendo.web.min.js can cause some other issues. Please see changeset 95bd1b3a69d1
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
-
Everything is fine. The resource is there (see \Nop.Web\App_Data\Localization\defaultResources.nopres.xml)

Andrei,
You can see the error logged in the admin demo site
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.