nopCommerce 3.30 is coming. BETA testers needed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Just downloaded to try and seems to be an issue with the kendo UI date picker (I'm using firefox) is no way to keep it open when you click it. (opens and closes again)

Thanks

Carl
Hi Carl,

Do you experience it on our demo site. It works fine in my FF

Yeah FF v28.0 the demo stores is broken for me - just tried in chrome and that is working fine.

Thanks
10 years ago
I'm corrently working on an admin plugin (I had it nearly complete in 3.20) and I'm looking at translating it to 3.30 but I've just come across a bit of a block.

The admin tab strip creation is different due to the kendo UI change. Actually looks like the dev on that is incomplete?

I can see how to get content into the admin screen but not creating a tab.

looks to me like the event message for this  would be better holding a IList of a "AdminTabModel" rather than a single htmlstring

something like:

public class AdminTabModel{

public string TabTitle {get; set}

public MvcHtmlString TabContent {get; set;}

}

You could then loop that on the page twice, once in the top ul /li and then at the bottom of the tabs

If not can you point me in the direction you were heading for adding tabs.

Thanks
10 years ago
Thank you for your great work! I love nopcommerce
10 years ago
Is paid registration also included in this 3.30 ? I can't see any option in admin.
10 years ago
zar wrote:
Do you plan to add bundling and minification for css files with the new VS mechanism?
I see on http://demo.nopcommerce.com/ that it seems to be done for js.
Best regards.
Actually this feature was added in the previous version (disabled on our site). Admin area > configuration > General and miscellaneous settings > SEO tab > CSS bundling and minification. Note that it works only when you have "debug" disabled in web.config site (deployed to live site)
10 years ago
nmg196 wrote:
Hi Andrei,  3.30 looks very interesting.

Couple of comments - for these two items:

- Performance optimization. Added a setting ('catalogsettings.ignorestorelimitations
- Performance optimization. Added a setting ('catalogsettings.ignoreacl')

Could either of these checks be made automatic, rather than a manually definted setting based on the current configuation?  Eg if there is only one store, couldn't NC remember this when it launches and always operate as though this has been set?  This way, even naive users would get the performance benefit.

Just curious...

Thanks. Please vote here (it already was suggested on these forums but I cannot find the post)

nmg196 wrote:
Also, is there any fix in 3.30 for the Admin area being in US date format? Previously trying to change it to UK (or any other other) date format caused lots of issues.

eg: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/2653/how-to-change-date-format-for-admin-interface.aspx?p=6

Is there a work item for this problem I can track?

This work item is still active
10 years ago
eadameg wrote:
I couldn't find where to set: Hide dashboard reports (titles) based on ACL permissions.

This is not configurable. We just hide reports when a user doesn't have appropriate permission. Previously we hide only grid, but we had to hide both grid and title of this grid.

eadameg wrote:
Customer attributes should also consider Date and Image Upload control types

Right. Currently these attributes cause some issues with further editing.
10 years ago
carljackson wrote:
Just downloaded to try and seems to be an issue with the kendo UI date picker (I'm using firefox) is no way to keep it open when you click it. (opens and closes again)

Thanks

Carl
Hi Carl,

Do you experience it on our demo site. It works fine in my FF

Yeah FF v28.0 the demo stores is broken for me - just tried in chrome and that is working fine.

Thanks

1. I presume you have some issue with the browser. Try reseting your browser cache. Also test it on the KendoUI demo site here

2. Does anybody else experience this issue on our demo site?
10 years ago
carljackson wrote:
I'm corrently working on an admin plugin (I had it nearly complete in 3.20) and I'm looking at translating it to 3.30 but I've just come across a bit of a block.

The admin tab strip creation is different due to the kendo UI change. Actually looks like the dev on that is incomplete?

I can see how to get content into the admin screen but not creating a tab.

looks to me like the event message for this  would be better holding a IList of a "AdminTabModel" rather than a single htmlstring

something like:

public class AdminTabModel{

public string TabTitle {get; set}

public MvcHtmlString TabContent {get; set;}

}

You could then loop that on the page twice, once in the top ul /li and then at the bottom of the tabs

If not can you point me in the direction you were heading for adding tabs.

Thanks

Please find how we use it in one of our commercial themes below:

public class AdminTabStripCreatedEventConsumer : IConsumer<AdminTabStripCreated>
    {
        public void HandleEvent(AdminTabStripCreated eventMessage)
        {
            if (eventMessage.TabStripName == "affiliate-edit")
            {
                //http://docs.kendoui.com/api/web/tabstrip#methods-append
                eventMessage.BlocksToRender.Add(new MvcHtmlString("<script>" +
                                                                  "$(document).ready(function() {" +
                                                                  "$('#category-edit').data('kendoTabStrip').append(" +
                                                                  "[{" +
                                                                  "text: 'New tab title'," +
                                                                  "content: '<b>text</b>'" +
                                                                  "}]);" +
                                                                  "});" +
                                                                  "</script>"));

var actionName = "CategoryIconTabContent";
                var controllerName = "ThemeHelperComputer";
                var routeValues = new RouteValueDictionary()
                                  {
                                      {"Namespaces", "Nop.Plugin.ThemeHelper.Computer.Controllers"},
                                      {"area", null},
                                      {"categoryId", categoryId}
                                  };
                var urlHelper = new UrlHelper(eventMessage.Helper.ViewContext.RequestContext).Action(actionName, controllerName, routeValues);

eventMessage.BlocksToRender.Add(new MvcHtmlString("<script>" +
                                                                  "$(document).ready(function() {" +
                                                                  "$('#affiliate-edit').data('kendoTabStrip').append(" +
                                                                  "[{" +
                                                                  "text: 'New tab title'," +
                                                                  "contentUrl: '" + urlHelper. + "'" +
                                                                  "}]);" +
                                                                  "});" +
                                                                  "</script>"));
            }
        }
    }
10 years ago
luckyhero wrote:
Is paid registration also included in this 3.30 ? I can't see any option in admin.

It has some limited support. It does not support recurring subscription scenarios. It also does not support "Registered" role. But you can use it to grant some additional access to some resources. For example, you can create some new customer role (e.g. "Premium support customer") and grant it to uses who purchased it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.