Minimum memory requirements for Nopcommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
You won't see much of the difference in speed since nop uses a lot of caching. In theory, 64 bit app pool should run faster than 32 bit, however since GC in 64bit mode doesn't work as much to collect memory, that's why its unused memory is quite large.

I have more than 20 sites running nop 2.7-3.4 under 32 bit app pool and they run no problem.

With small sites, I believe no need to use 64bit app pool. Any experts out there, welcome to join the discussion.

@ImsTech Ltd  :  glad to see it works out for you.
9 years ago
Hi there!

We have changed all our sites to 32bits pool and the memory usage difference is huge! We are now around 500MB RAM our top site, it was 1.2GB. All other sites are around 200~300MB full load.

We didint notice any issue or problem after changed it.

Can you say more about it?

Thanks!!
9 years ago
Regarding 64 bit, theoretically this allows garbage collection to run much less often, which should increase performance. It also helps with fragmentation as larger memory blocks are allocated at a time.

From my practical experience on NOP websites, 64bit does not helpful regarding performance, even it kills memory lot. All of my application  running on 32 bit without any issue/ problem.
8 years ago
embryo wrote:
Another small memory optimization that could be explored is getting rid of the runAllManagedModulesForAllRequest setting in the web.config (in the modules section).

Currently this is set to True, which means that every request (even for static content like images, CSS and JS files) gets handled by ASP.NET.
By removing the setting completely IIS will handle requests for static content outside of ASP.NET. This seems to work fine when I tested it, and reduces the overall memory usage somewhat (haven't had a chance to profile it properly).
Sure. Thanks a lot for suggestion. Done. Please see changeset 70947762ddef. Please give it a try. IMHO, looks much faster (haven't tested using Memory profiler yet)

P.S. Glad that VS developers also did it the default ASP.NET MVC template for VS 2013.

I tried just changing the setting in web.config to false, and it caused some problems throughout my site.  Admin menus wouldn't load, and customers couldn't add items to their cart...and probably other stuff too, but I switched it back to true as soon as I was aware.

I guess this isn't the proper procedure?

UPDATE:
Now I followed the link to codeplex and see other changes must be made...

Are the changes to the PageHeadBuilder.cs an absolute requirement?? (I use no source version)
I'm guessing this is what caused the admin menus not to load??

I became concerned about memory usage after upgrading to 3.30 and enabling some of the new performance features in configuration>>settings>> general and misc settings >> localization settings >>
I enabled Load all locale resources on startup, and Load all localized properties on startup, and the site does seem a bit more responsive.

I expected to take a memory usage hit by doing so, but it has pushed usage too high, and I'm looking now for other ways to lower my memory consumption without affecting page speed performance too adversely.

Prior to the upgrade, and enabling of the above mentioned settings, it was at about 650mb...creeping each day up to about 950mb

The w3wp.exe for my site, with approx 150 products...after fully loaded now uses about 1gb of RAM...creeping up to about 1.25gb each day. (leaks??)

Doesn't this seem a bit high?

Steve

May I know what solution Worked for you..??? Because I'm also experiencing same problems with my store. Just 160 products on Arvixe 2GB VPS with almost no traffic and I'm using the no source version.

Any help or suggestion is much appreciated.

Regards.

Pramil Gawande
+91 7755902019
[email protected]
8 years ago
[email protected] wrote:

May I know what solution Worked for you..??? Because I'm also experiencing same problems with my store. Just 160 products on Arvixe 2GB VPS with almost no traffic and I'm using the no source version.

Any help or suggestion is much appreciated.

Regards.

Pramil Gawande
+91 7755902019
[email protected]

2GB for VPS is just too low. Go with at least 4 GB RAM, 8 GB is better. Moreover, add a limit of RAM SQL can use, otherwise it will eat up all the RAM and your app will become slower.
8 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Thanks a lot. I would also recommend you going to admin area > configuration > catalog settings > and enabling the first 5 settings (1, 2 anf 5 are the most significant ones). It can significantly improve performance. For most stores it'll be acceptable. Please test it out.

Andrei,

The above just shaved 0.7 GB (from 1.5 GB to 0.8 GB) on my website (http://polskaksiegarnia.fr) running V3.5. Thank you!

You should put that info into some sort of FAQ so it is easier to find than burried on n-th page of forum topic. Better yet I would take all the settings that significantly affect performance and put them together (possibly redundatnly) on separate page and included some explanations..

Thanks!

Filip
8 years ago
fkierzek wrote:
Andrei,

The above just shaved 0.7 GB (from 1.5 GB to 0.8 GB) on my website (http://polskaksiegarnia.fr) running V3.5. Thank you!

You should put that info into some sort of FAQ so it is easier to find than burried on n-th page of forum topic. Better yet I would take all the settings that significantly affect performance and put them together (possibly redundatnly) on separate page and included some explanations..

Thanks!

Filip

Hi Filip,

Thanks! That's why most of them are already disabled out of the box
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.