Razor intellisense in plugin project

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
We have tried all various workarounds suggested in this thread, but it still does not work.
Are there some new ideas or solutions for this IntelliSense issue?
Visual Studio 2015 / 4 : nop 3.60
Thanks
8 years ago
I have also done everything suggested in these posts. Still can't get it to work.

Using VS 2015 and NOP 3.50
8 years ago
BravoSierra wrote:
Visual Studio 2015 / 4 : nop 3.60
Thanks

Sorry I mean Visual Studio 2013 - 4 ; but from the post above it seems that vs 2015 does not solve this issue either.
8 years ago
So its a references and DLLs issue. Visual Studio can't explore the file system to find the DLLs in the \bin where they are in the tree structure, so you can either 'copy local' the references (although that makes a huge volume of duplicated DLLS) ; or tweak your project or Visual Studio so that, (in short),  it finds the DLLs in the \bin where it expects them
8 years ago
Care to give some instructions on how you did that please?
8 years ago
No clean and simple solution. You might install you project under \Presentation\Nop.Web so it would find the correct bin folder, but this is not the nopCommerce good practice and beware of post-compilation files copies that will not be relevant anymore. Other convoluted solutions work once but not when you restart VS ; that is probably why others have succeeded once and then failed again. Copy local of the references properties is the easiest way.
8 years ago
Thanks! I'll give that a try.
8 years ago
This solution works for me (VS2015):

Set CopyLocal=True on all references
Set output path=bin
Build.
Restore output path to: ..\..\Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins\WhatEver\
Reopen .cshtml file(s).
8 years ago
Hello,

One thing that I did was to maintain Output path to "bin\" folder and set a post build event (Build Events -> Post-build event command line) copying my files from bin to desirable the folder, for example:

xcopy "$(TargetDir)*" "$(SolutionDir)\Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins\Widgets.PromoSlider\"  /s /Y

This solved my problem.
8 years ago
I had an expired installation of Resharper in VisualStudio 2015. Uninstalled it, followed the instructions at http://alexwolfthoughts.com/fixing-broken-nopcommerce-razor-intellisense/ and voila!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.