Razor intellisense in plugin project

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
Hey folks. I'm quite new to this stuff but I was wondering why you don't create plugins as an MVC project from the beginning? Surely that way you will pull in the references you need as well as getting a web.config in your views folder from the very beginning?
5 years ago
So I've had a brief look into a new plugin and it seems that I am correct. If you create your plugin as a .NET MVC application it will pull in a number of dependencies. These dependencies are critical to VS providing intellisense for you. So you will carry on with the same way of copying to a folder in the plugins directory. Only now you will be told that your routes will have already been registered. What's going on here? You are tied to System.Web.Mvc which is doing all the hard work for you. Because your assembly is copied over, System.Web.Mvc will register everything for you. Now you can get rid of all implementations of IRouteProvider.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.