nopCommerce Enterprise Edition v2.00 released (UPDATE: There's no Enterprise edition)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
We are extremely happy to announce the availability of nopCommerce Enterprise Edition v2.00 for download and upgrade. Upgrade script from nopCommerce Community Edition 1.4 available.

Highlight features:

1) Gift Cards
2) Access Control List
3) Activity Log
4) Recurring Products
5) New Payment Statuses: Refund, Void
6) Stock Management by Product Attributes (such as, color and size)
7) One-page Checkout
8) Do Not Store Credit Card Information (even encrypted). PA DSS Compliance Requirement!
9) Restrict Available Shipping Methods by Country
10) Restrict Available Payment Methods by Country
11) Live Chat Integration
12) SMS Notifications
13) New Discount Type - "Assigned to Shipping"
14) Discount Requirements
      a) None
      b) Must be assigned to customer role
      c) Had purchased all of these product variants
      d) Had purchased one of these product variants
15) Discount Limitations
      a) Unlimited
      b) Can be used one time only
      c) Can be used one time per customer
16) Discount Usage History
17) New Shipping Modules:
      a) Australia Post
      b) Canada Post
18) New Payment Modules:
      a) Amazon (SimplePay)
      b) Assist (Russia)
      c) Beanstream
      d) ChronoPay
      e) CyberSource
      f) Dibs (Sweden)
      g) iDeal (Netherlands)
      h) Moneris
      i) Pay in store
      j) PayJunction
      k) PayPoint
      l) QuickPay (Denmark)
      m) SagePay
      n) SecurePay (Australia)
      o) Sermepa (Spain)
      p) Svea (Sweden)
      q) USAePay
19) Several Shipping Rate Computation Methods used Simultaneously (such as, FedEx and UPS)
20) System Maintenance (Backup/Restore Database)
21) Weights and Dimensions (Managed by Administrator)

To see the full list of fixes and changes please visit the release notes page.
14 years ago
Hi

There are a list of improvements and big fixes to the system (aside from the Enterprise Features) that have been made.

Will these be made available for the community edition?

Regards
Anthony
14 years ago
I don't care much for most of the new Enterprise Features, but would be happy to pay £25-£50 each for some of those features.

It is the core functionality I am keen to know if it will be updated any longer.

I appreciate you have many things on your plate, but this is absolutely key to driving our business forward, we have just invested 3 solid weeks of time moving to you and now our website roadmap is hanging in the balance. Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Anthony
14 years ago
Well I suppose I should have seen that coming.

$899 for a single domain - not my definition of an enterprise. Maybe for 20-25 licences it's a fair price to a developer and perhaps $199 for a single licence does reflect the great work you've done and the quality of the product.

But the community can and will eventually develop a better product than the enterprise version and do it for free too. Let's face it and you've said it yourselves ASP.NET, SQL, C# is as well known and supported as any platform out there, so the skill and knowledge to match the enterprise version won't be a great challenge.

Still I won't have to upgrade my nearly finished site. And at $899 a copy I'll be able to sell my work a lot easier now !

I think you've shot yourselves in the foot - but time will tell.
14 years ago
As disappointing as this looks, I think everyone should hold their thoughts until we get clarification from Andrei.

C.
14 years ago
I dont see it as any disappointment.

After all I work for a CMS provider and web design agency in my day job, (checkout www.eonic.co.uk) and we couldn't deliver our system with charging.

I am just looking for urgent clarification as I have tight deadlines for my private client and need just make decisions on whether we continue down this road.

Regards
Anthony
14 years ago

Good to know that new version has been released, Thank you very much nopCommerce Team ....

I am little confused, Please correct me if i am wrong

The latest version that has been released, it is only Enterprise Edition 2.0 which is $899 ? There is no free version, right ?

and nopCommerce is calling the previous/current 1.40 version as community version right ? It's the same current 1.4version that we are using right now , right ? Community version = current 1.4 version, right ?

So conclusion is, no more free version from nopCommerce after 1.4 version ?

14 years ago
I have already commented on the new release and will do as well on this Topic but this time about the features that made the "Enterprise" version.

let's see here, from  all the new features that are added in 2.0, almost non can be considered Enterprise grade features. I would say that the next planned release (according to the roadmap) can be called and released at Enterprise edition.

thse features would make sense in a EE.
•Auctions
•Multistore
•Reward Points System
•POS integration
•QuickBooks integration

it would be smarter to make the above features pluggable modules and sold separately to be used by those who need them.

the following features are simply standard in all open source solutions.

•Web Services API for easy integration between nopCommerce and any third-party applications : most providers offer an integration package for free. it would simply encourage merchants to adopt and use of the application.

•Analytics and reporting : pretty basic features for today's web

•CMS features : most open source packages offer this already (as true full blown CMS)

this would make sense. but the current state of the applicationm despite the potential and positive feedback from most if not all users, is not yet ready for a paid enterprise edition.

To finish, the one thing that bothers me most is the following : Even if i purchase the new Enterprise edition , it would not come with the full source code due to the restriction per domain which makes it very expensive.

I ave tried this, i have purchased the source for a different solution and encountered several issues and ultimately had to return it. it simply does not work in the long run unless you have full control of the codem the one reason i decided to go to open source. but here i am again facing tyhe same issue.

As much as i hate to move away from NopCommerce, i have to make a tough decision. there are several packages out there that can be enhanced and used.

Sorry Andrei, again, as much as i apreciate your dedication and hard work, this was a bad move or at least a very premature move.

Thank you
14 years ago
I agree it's premature in terms of nopCom's current status and regardless of that it's overpriced. Even if the package did meet all of those specs. listed it way off the mark - look at VevoCart not Magento for a reality check there.

I'm a little annoyed at not developing my site for a couple of weeks because I expected a version 1.5 so maybe I'm a bit miffed, but this is not a sensible business decision if you ask me.

I've put too much work in my current project to drop it now. I love nopcom, it's beautifully thought out and written and a credit to Andrei and Co. but I feel a little stitched up because it's the communty that helped developed version 2.0 and you've priced it wrong. Match someone like VevoCart on price and functionality and I'd give you my money any day Andrei.
14 years ago
I kind of think everyone is of a similar opinion.

A month or so back when nop did the survey on features etc, one of the questions was 'would you be interested in an enterprise version of nopcommerce'

i answered yes to this - i have no objection to an enterprise version - in fact i think  its necessary

a) to allow  the project to continue ( i hate to think of how many unpaid team hours have gone into the development so far - it's not a charity)

b) because 'free' can actually make people assume its no good (some people are idiots) and all of us who have been using nop know just how good it is - and how well built it is.

However, I do think the last couple of posts are accurate in their views.

I think the enterprise version is  probably 1 release too early ie. i think there was some aspects of v1.4 which needed to be cleaned up first.

I also think the price is way, way too high for the product in todays market when compared to other solutions and i don't think the features of v2.0 match some of those other options. Vevocart, as was mentioned, have an enterprise version which starts at $250 - this was around the mark i had in mind when i answered the survey question.

Personally, i feel that the team should have gone with v1.5 with bug fixes and some enhancements (maybe even held back some of the new features) and went for a more reasonably priced summer release of the enterprise version. Maybe also, as was mentioned above, sold some of the components as add-ons to the existing release.

Not knocking the product guys, really it is worth $$$ return on your investment but I think you are asking too much too soon.

Best regards,
hayden
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.