nopCommerce Enterprise Edition v2.00 released (UPDATE: There's no Enterprise edition)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I second some of the concerns voiced here.
Seeing the price and new featerues, i kind of expected that.
out of the new features being releases all i was waiting for is product inventory managment by attribures.
But it's a big jump from zero to $400 for me for this feautres, esp in todays market, while i strugle to start the webstore, and who knows if it's going to bring back any $ and when it's going to happen.
If we're talking about some true enterprises that have ready businesses that are running, and they would just consider switching to a new platform and they make hundres of thousand in sales a year, that's a chump change. But for somebody who will probably make $100 on the store in a next 1.5 years:) and only if i spent $$$$ promoting it, to pay $400 for half baked product (please dont get offended) that's  bit too steep. I would spent time customizing the product as its not as flexible as some other products similarly priced.
THis desicion to stop opensource dev and go to enterprise version with unreasanoble price, was one of the reason i jumped the ship on DashCommerce (Commerce Starter kit), and look what happened to that dev community, it's dead......
It would suck if same would happen here.
Theres plenty of ways to make money otherwise, like offering consulting and customization to customers specs...
14 years ago
I Agree with most of the posts, seems a little high in $, if you upgrade form 1.40 you should be given a deal 199.00 seems about right for single. $899.00 should be a re seller deal of 25 domains.

At least lets get free access to 1.40 (bug-less version)

http://www.fabfourstore.com
14 years ago
ther is absolutely nothing wrong in contributing by paying for a specific version.

the question is is NopCommerce ready for an emterprise version and how much to pay.

In my modest opinion, and belive me i have been looking around and been stdying many systems out there, the answer is clearly NOT YET.

look at aspnetstorefront : used by over 50000 stores and look at the all the bells and whistles it has, look at the full ERP it integrates with.... and you can have the full source code for a little more then 1000$. {correction : last i checked , code is for about 2.5K}

look at prestashop (totally free)... and many others ...

you guys need to look at enterprise features as real world "ENTERPRISE" not just a as name. seemless integration and exchange od data ans services ... Free SDKs with source as many others do to enhance and facilitate data flow with external systems  in a flexible way and as customers and users wish...

as far as i am concerned, nopCommerce is a solid "regular" shopping cart but has quiet some road to ahead before it can be called enterprise.
14 years ago
Am I correct when I ask that the price is $399 for enterprise, and not $899 as some have said in this post?  https://www.nopcommerce.com/EnterpriseEditionInfo.aspx

Would one need to buy a seperate licence for every domain alias?! pointing to the site
14 years ago
It started at $899 and is now $399... heh.
14 years ago
Baden wrote:
Am I correct when I ask that the price is $399 for enterprise, and not $899 as some have said in this post?  https://www.nopcommerce.com/EnterpriseEditionInfo.aspx

Would one need to buy a seperate licence for every domain alias?! pointing to the site

I would imgaine so because the licence probably checks the domain name.  Can't you just redirect instead?
14 years ago
yes you are right. as it looks, you would need a new license for each domain.

but that is not the point. it is not the 399 or even the 899 that matters here.

Nop Team members have not given consderable thoughts about moving to paid enterprise version.

stasevich  said it right in his post (on page 2)...

it is simply a move that will kill Nop.

besides what i have said in my other posts. Nop is simply not ready for a paid version.

if other packages that have been around for much longer are offering more features and are more stable and are barely making it because of the bad decision to let the Dev community down and move to paid versions, i personally believ (despite all comments and disagreements) that Nop has a better chance ONLY if it reaches a higher level.

By this i mean, integrating new technologies, adding features that make you scream....

i'll mention few samples here :

Full use of Ajax, jQuery
In Place editing
Use of Web Parts (Building/composing a page for non programmers )
Full Cms Feature : Not uncommon for todays web platforms
maybe use of Silverlight front end ... (Add this and i'll pay for it)

these are just a few.... the list is long besides many other things discussed in these forums such as refactoring the code, for improvements ...

when Nop gets there all for a reasonable cost  personally i'll be more then happy to pay for it.

untill then, Nop should remain a community driven platform.

Sorry Andrei, but the more a iread this forum, the more i am disappointed.

i guess i'll have to stop commenting on posts in this forum and go back to work. as i said, i am not very pleased with what's going on here but hey, it's not my call.
14 years ago
I too feel that nopCommerce simply isn't mature enough to command a premium price as well as earn the "Enterprise" moniker.

There's no tie-ins to any backend or fulfillment systems, which other similarly priced systems, such as X-Cart, have out of the box.

nopCommerce does have a wide set of features, but there's very little depth.  I'm not sure I would call what nopCommerce does for affiliations a feature.  This "feature" requires the site admin to enter the account information and send back the afilliate id.  After that, the afilliate can not log into the system and see any of the sales that they've driven to the site, let alone see any kind of commission structure (which can't even be defined!)

There's just too many gaps and basic features missing across the product's entire platform.  

Even at the newly reduced rate, $399, it's over-priced, and to watch the talking about new and coming features in the forums over the last couple of months only to see the new features and bug fixes held hostage for a ransom just leaves a sense of regret that I've spent as much time as I have converting to this platform.

Looks like I too am back to the drawing board...
14 years ago
I have spent tons of time to develop sites based on Nop, with believe NOP is open source and hang on here for a couple of months to wait for updates.  

Now the open-source door is closed, and I have to say I was so stupid!!!!!!!!  

Hope everyone continues your great contributions to improve NOP NOP NOP NOP
14 years ago
I like the new Quote buttons on the forum that always really annoyed me :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.