nopCommerce 1.6 roadmap. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I will echo some of the requested features.

Bulk Import with mapping. category,product and pictures.  Most carts do this.

Catalog Mode - Very good idea, but it also needs a Quote system.

Shared Hosting tweaks - Currently cant generate a catalog pdf in shared hosting such as Godaddy.

fckeditor - Need this one back. It is more user friendly to end users.

Performance - I have no clue why nop is so slow.  I have turned debug off and compiled and it is still slow.
14 years ago
I like the streamlining of stylesheets, and would like to keep that.  In addition, perhaps we can consider moving .master pages into the Themes folders.  I've done extensive customization for my client, and I think this would allow us to upgrade more cleanly without overwriting customized files.
14 years ago
Wow a lot of pages of requests, and I think the roadmap is awesome and everything you are going to add is appreciated.  Personally apart from what you have already added, I'd just like to bring up two big points IMO that will move NC forward.

1.)  As Skiltz said, more people need to use Codeplex to submit patches and maybe some of the modifications they are looking for - This is how most open source products move forward.

2.) Personally I'd like to see the store move forward with Linq2Sql or Subsonic etc..  At the moment its too fiddly to change simple things like product display orders etc... You have to actually edit the stored procedure!  Using say Linq2Sql would give the store much more flexibility
14 years ago
re the APRIL 19th 2010 newsletter
You've already done a huge amount of work on 1.6, the features list is very impressive - it's been useful to be able to add and vote for suggestions through codeplex - your going from strength to strength
-hayden
14 years ago
Hello,
easely extending customer/checkout attributes is what I was waiting for.
I had to do code customization in your previous release to obtain this.

Paolo.
14 years ago
linkXperts wrote:

QuickBooks intergration
I know QB is well known accounting software is USA and UK but it is not well known in other countries, as far as I know. So for us this is really not important. Maybe we can come up with a set of (documented) APIs or webservices that offers integration wiht accounting software in general.

I agree with linkXperts. A generic APIs or webservices that could work with any accounting software would be the best approach.
14 years ago
What about right to left languages like hebrew for example?
Does new version will support it?
14 years ago
Hi,

It would be great if you can include a multistore feature in the next version.
I did my own (using one instance of nopcommerce and one databse for each store) this way:

1) Have one entry per store in the connectionstring file (using the uri instead of nopcommerce)
2) Changed the method GetConnectionString in NopSqlDataHelper:

string connectionString = null;
            // ConnectionStringSettings settings = WebConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings[ConnectionStringName];

ConnectionStringSettings settings = null;
            if (HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.IsLoopback)
                settings = WebConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings[ConnectionStringName];
            else
            {
                settings = WebConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings[HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.Host];
                if (settings == null)
                    settings = WebConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings[ConnectionStringName];
            }

if (settings != null)
            {
                connectionString = settings.ConnectionString;
            }

return connectionString;

3) changed _sqlconnectionString in every SqlXXXProvider (category and so on):

private NameValueCollection _config;

private string SqlConnectionString
        {
            get
            {
                if (_config.Count > 1)
                {
                    string key = _config.GetKey(1);
                    if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(key))
                    {
                        throw new ProviderException(string.Format("Provider unrecognized attribute. {0}", new object[] { key }));
                    }
                }
                string connectionStringName = _config["connectionStringName"];
                if (String.IsNullOrEmpty(connectionStringName))
                    throw new ProviderException("Connection name not specified");
                this._sqlConnectionString = NopSqlDataHelper.GetConnectionString(connectionStringName);
                if ((this._sqlConnectionString == null) || (this._sqlConnectionString.Length < 1))
                {
                    throw new ProviderException(string.Format("Connection string not found. {0}", connectionStringName));
                }
                return _sqlConnectionString;
            }
        }

4) and removed this code from the Initialize method.

base.Initialize(name, config);
            _config = config;

Regards,
Mario Endara
14 years ago
Skiltz wrote:
I guess if we could get people to use codeplex then we could get a better judgment on which task were most needed/wanted by the community.

Hi ,
I think that the most wanted features of the upcoming 1.6 version is the Catalog (categories, products etc) localization.
Is it possible to put out a downloadable version of nopCommerce 1.5 that includes this new feature ?
I need to create a few web sites and I do not want to wait 2 months for this feature.
Since it has already been done , can you guys , aloow a download of a version that include it.
The Catalog (categories, products etc) localization is very important to many web shop owners, and I am sure
that the community will be able to benefit a lot from a version with this single new feature ONLY.

Can you please help with it ?
I am sure it will be of great help , and many many new web sites with the nopCommerce great shop will be opened in the web because of this feature.

I will thank your answer, as I am a great fan of the nopCommerce community and I love you guys for the great work you do for the community.

Best Regards

James
14 years ago
you can download from here
http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets
but remember it is a work in progress - search the forum for recent posts about using codeplex downloads
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.