nopCommerce 1.6 roadmap. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Very helpful,  thanks.  If there is a navigation control to browse products by type the same as by category and manufacture that would be great.

Thanks again,
14 years ago
Andrey, pls prepare Russian version 1.6 i will paymet plssssss!
14 years ago
First and foremost, you guys have done a fantastic job putting nopCommerce together. It has come a very long way in short time. Congratulations to everyone who worked and contributed to this. I've worked with other open source e-commerce solutions and as far as stability and real working features are concerned, you guys are on top!

Here is my two cents...

- Catalog (categories, products etc) localization [Update: already done]
   - Great! This is very important for the project.
- Individual prices can be specified for individual customer groups [Update: already done]
   - Fantastic idea, a must...
- Allow customers to enter price [Update: already done]
   - Great idea, but for less than 5% of users need this...
- Configurable checkout attributes (such as 'Accept terms' or 'Enter custom message') [Update: already done]
   - Great!
- Configurable customer attributes (such as 'date of birth', 'phone number')
   - Fantastic idea for marketing purposes..
- Reward Points System
   - Could be important, but still the minotiry of users will need this. Though many would use it... I'm on the fence on this one.
- More analytics and reporting
   - Fantastic idea, the more data the better...
- Backend order creation/editing
   - Great idea! This is a basic necessity for all users.
- Bundled products
   - Very important feature to have. Bundled product are great ways to build sales.
- Product tags
   - SEO... Say no more...
- Batch product editing
   - Definately. price inceases happen every year. It would be great to be able to increase pricing without dipping into the back end data. Regular e-commerce site operators can't do this.
- Catalog based ACL (restrict/grant access to a certain category or product)
   - I feel this could wait. Most users certianly don't want to hide their merchandise from their customers...what is the real point in that?
- Pre-order support
   - Fantastic idea. But again, this isn't for everyone. For the most part we are looking at very technical products and services that require support. T-Shirts, Shoes, DVDs... None of these need pre-sales support.
- Full-text search
   - An absolute must for an e-commerce package.
- Products sorting (front end)
   - This is not only a great idea, it is expected on an e-commerce site.
- Social bookmarking
   - Good idea, but it could probably wait.
- Google Websitre optimizer integration
   - Yes! Definately.
- More SEO friendly
   - Yes! Definately.
- Configure email sender per message template
   - Very functional idea. Smart for departmentalizing communication. Great!
- Performance optimization
   - Sure, improving performance is important.
- QuickBooks intergration
   - Wow! This is definately a great feature. Fantastic!
- DHL shipping method
   - Very important to support as many carriers as possible.
- AliPay (China) payment method
   - Okay, okay... China (I mean the Chinese people...Ni Hao!) deserves some love too...
- Improved Google Checkout payment method
   - Don't know...haven't used it.
- 3D Secure / Verified by Visa
  - Yes, very good.

If you were to add Pre-Order support, why on earth would you not include Post-Order support? I would think it is more imporant to support your customer after they've purchased a product and possibly have issues that need tending to. I think a product support ticket system would be a great idea. Something that posts communication in threads according to the trouble ticket.

Just my two cents...for an amazing e-commerce product.

Jose
14 years ago
Discount coupons based on categories.

e.g.

Cat 1 - 10% coupon

all other catg - no discount coupons or whatever.
14 years ago
Wow! Had a great idea, but I don't know if I'm thinking too far ahead here.

Why not add EDI capabilities for placing orders with vendors?

nopCommerce and drop shipping go hand in hand. But many distributorships today require that you submit orders to them electronically straight into their ordering system. This way they don't have to pay someone to read and process paperwork and also eliminate ordering errors on their end...

I just ran into this situation today with one of my new vendors. They only take orders via EDI. However, there are services out there that allow you to enter your orders online and have them injected into your vendors EDI system.

What do you guys think?
14 years ago
Features for 1.6

- I couldn't find a way to offer a FREE PRODUCT on purchases grater than $x
It would be awesome to have this feature on the promotions section. (My Situation: when your purchase is grater than $70 on any sports product you get a free dvd)

- I don't know if its doable, but would be great also to import the product images when importing products, perhaps by specifying the paths??

- Multiple Products deletion (a must)

Thanks as always!
14 years ago
I have 4 suggestions:

- it will be nice to edit/change orders; for example change shoe size in exist order, all/ delete position etc
- custom Message Templates; for example  "Orders complete", "Changing order status" etc
- shipping method depend on products; for example some products can't be send by post, only by DHL or UPS
- sorting products by price or other attributes
14 years ago
PCTech wrote:

Why not add EDI capabilities for placing orders with vendors?

I think if they add some kind of API (webservice or other), conversion to EDI would be somewhat trivial or at least an opportunity as a commercial add-on module (charge per document type - 810, 820, etc). Its not a bad idea but I think its a low demand idea.

C.
14 years ago
I am not sure if somebody already suggested it.
But I would want to see admin more robust.
Esp. Manage Products screen, as it takes many clicks to get around.
Like when you're editing the product in specific category or based on search criteria, when you're done and want to jump back to other products you cant, you have to do the search again.
Also the GRID with products i would put more fields in it and make headers sortable and possible filterable (but you have 3 filters up top, that's nice), also u can have some action buttons right inside of the grid, like DELETE, ACTIVATE/INACTIVATE(PUBLISHED), COPY TO NEW, and some others.

Basically I think the ADMIN INTERFACE should be more ADMINish:) more powerful.
14 years ago
Three suggestions:

1. Being able to limit a product and/or category to select customers or customer roles.  Especially being able to limit them to only registered customers.

2. To support gift purchases, allow the buy to enter a personalized note and flag the purchase as a gift so that, for instance, the invoice isn't included with prices.

3. Allow negative price adjustments for attributes
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.