Recurring product

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
how does the  'Recurring product' option work ? How does it get the payment second, third atc time around? Does it set up a subscription - such as with Paypal?

i set a product as recurring and got to the     'Select Payment Method'   screen   and got the following error message:
No payment methods available

i guess there has to be a payment method set up which supports this feature but which one? the only payment methods i set up were paypal express and moneybookers
14 years ago
Howdy,

How the recurring payments work are you need to have Manual processing set within payments methods.

Then you have to maunual process the payments. You can see the recurring orders in Sales > Recurring Payments.

Hope this helps.

mike..
14 years ago
For any product you can define a recurring cycle to enable the system to automatically create orders that repeat when a customer purchases such products. For example, if a customer buys a product which has a monthly recurring cycle, then when paying for the order the system will create a new recurring order with the recurring products. The system will use the payment details from the initial order for subsequent recurring orders. In addition, the original shipping charges will apply to subsequent orders.

Note that at least one of the active payment modules should support recurring payments. Those ones are Manual credit card, PayPal Direct and Authorize.NET

Regarding already created recurring payments (admin > orders > recurring orders). The Payment type field displayed in the Recurring payment details tab on the details page can be set to Manual or Automatic. When it set to Manual, the store owner has to manually click this Process next payment (create an order) button to process the new payment, when the Payment type field it is set to Automatic new payments will be processed automatically.
14 years ago
so for manual processing, the card detais are obviously stored in the database so is it fair to assume that they are also store in the db for PayPal Direct and Authorize.NET transactions also?

another thought - if anybody is using this, they would have to watch out for payments which are rejected becasuse the credit card expired during the cycle period.
14 years ago
haydie wrote:
so for manual processing, the card detais are obviously stored in the database so is it fair to assume that they are also store in the db for PayPal Direct and Authorize.NET transactions also?

CC numbers are stores for manual CC payment method (there's no other way). But they're NOT stored for other payment methods. Subscription ID is stored (it's allowed)
14 years ago
ok, thanks !!
13 years ago
I am facing a problem like the customer has changed the credit card information with all new details in the next month after purchasing the recurrent product. He calls customer service to update the credit card numbers.

1. how can we handle this situation (updating new credit card information), where this new info will store?
2. If we didnt update, then recurrent billing for consecutive months will get failed (since it would use older CC details)

Any work around on this?
13 years ago
venkat wrote:
I am facing a problem like the customer has changed the credit card information with all new details in the next month after purchasing the recurrent product. He calls customer service to update the credit card numbers.

1. how can we handle this situation (updating new credit card information), where this new info will store?
2. If we didnt update, then recurrent billing for consecutive months will get failed (since it would use older CC details)

Any work around on this?

CC info is stored for manual payment method only. But unfortunately it's not possible to edit CC.
13 years ago
There is a bug in the 1.5 Release preventing Recurring Payments to work outside of the US.
Keep and eye on the BUG REPORTS forum for an update.
We are working with PayPal to find a possible workaround, but there does not appear to be one right now.

And given that NopCommerce Recurring Payments only works with PayPal outside the US, this is a problem.

Authorize.Net is US base service only!
13 years ago
We just made our first recurring payment sale with Paypal (US based).  Paypal seems to have correctly place the order on their side.  (Receive payment every month for 12 months)

That being said, NOP still shows the Recurring Order as Processing.  Is this normal?  I can submit a screenshot if necessary.  When should the order show complete.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.