Multi Language Products and Categories in v1.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
larrylan wrote:
I'm trying to integrate your code to 1.5. Lol, I used a whole night to understand the logic and i'm now rdy and hopefully I will finish integrating in 2-3 days.

Larry, cool, do you have anything yet?  You might just save me the time, I'm still working on the design!

Thanks!!

David
14 years ago
Guys,

We have just implemented multilingual catalog support. Please download the latest version from http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets.
1. Clear connection string
2. Execute scripts located into "\Documents" folder

Your feedback is much appreciated.

P.S. Chris, thanks a lot for this contribution.
14 years ago
This is awesome!

I'll be downloading it later today and re-customising v1.5.

Thanks again!
14 years ago
JaxUK wrote:
This is awesome!

I'll be downloading it later today and re-customising v1.5.

Thanks again!

I agree with you JaxUK, I was going to get my hands sticky with this however nopCommerce team seems to be exceeding my expectations :D

David
14 years ago
i downloaded the changeset with multilanguage catalog feature and it works great.
however, the language tabs look ok, their content appear stacked on top of each other wich does not seam to be the right behaviour.

in  firefox, the product or category does not even appear
14 years ago
sch09 wrote:
in  firefox, the product or category does not even appear

What is your version of firefox?
14 years ago
Andrei. its, FireFox 3.5.9

i also tried the feature again. the original package as downloaded woked fine on ie. i believe i missed something while adding the new tabs to my version. i'll keep looking. but any suggestion on where to look is appreciated.
14 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
Guys,

We have just implemented multilingual catalog support. Please download the latest version from http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets.
1. Clear connection string
2. Execute scripts located into "\Documents" folder

Your feedback is much appreciated.

P.S. Chris, thanks a lot for this contribution.

How to do this? Would you share a update Video ?
14 years ago
xiaoyuzhi wrote:

How to do this? Would you share a update Video ?

Hi xiaoyuzhi,

I cannot share an update video with you because I've just rebuilt my home workstation and I don't have camtasia etc... installed yet.

Anyway, to quickly walk you through it as it seems like you are having some difficulty in setting this up I'll write.

Step 1.  Download the code from the location above (For this example I'm using change set version 50052, I've not tested the latest version yet)

Step 2.  Extract from the RAR file folder name "nopCommerce 1.60" to a location of your choosing.

Step 3.  In the "nopCommerce 1.60" folder look for a file called, "NopCommerce.sln", double click this file to open it in your favorite Web Development text editor.  (I use Visual Studio 2008 Professional)

Step 4.  In the root of the solution, there should be a file called, "ConnectionStrings.config", this file will be located in "....\nopCommerce 1.60\NopCommerceStore", replace .... with wherever you extracted your files to.

Step 5.  Delete the 2nd line of code, your file in the end should only have 2 lines, reading

<connectionStrings>

</connectionStrings>

Step 6.  Set nopCommerceStore as your StartUp project in Visual Studio 2008, then Select, Debug --> Run

Step 7.  I chose to do a Fresh install and not an upgrade on the install page.  The install.aspx page found "...nopCommerce 1.60\NopCommerceStore\Install\install.aspx" is the default page used by the application when a key for the connection string is NOT found in the ConnectionString.config file mentioned earlier.

Step 8.  Enter in your MS SQL Server credential details, then either select "Create New Database" or "Use Existing Database".  Note you must have minimum of Microsoft SQL Server Express 2005 running on your machine or have access to a MS SQL Database Server to create your Database etc...

Step 9.  Continue through the setup and click finish after you have set your admin username and password.

Step 10.  Your solution will crash now.  So quit and open up MS SQL 2005 Management Studio.

Step 11.  Go to "...nopCommerce 1.60\NopCommerceStore\Documents" folder find and run the two sql scripts "LocaleStringResources.sql" and "Upgrade.sql" on your nopCommerce Database.

Step 12.  Go back into your solution, click Start Debugging and voila! your application is running, build no errors and no hiccups.

Step 13.  Log into the administration section, Select, Configurations --> Location--> Languages.  Add your language, (you may need the XML translation file for your specified new language)

Step 14.  Goto edit a Category/Product, you should now see extra tabs which identifies your Category/Product in your specified language.

Step 15.  You will also notice (using the default nopCommerce Skin) a small drop down on the top right next to the currency drop down which now signifies the language/locale that you are using.

I hope this has been informative for you.

Thanks

David

P.S. to the nopCommerce team, looks like a job well done so far.  I'm a happy camper...  I think I need to sort out my xml locale files though as everything is looking a little screwy when I change locales!? :S
14 years ago
Thank you very much.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.