nopCommerce 3.80 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
oh, and since you're considering changing the admin UI/theme, I would like to suggest to right align all number/currency values in al table columns (for example reports etc). This design best practice improves readability and allows for easy comparison of values.
8 years ago
rudgr wrote:
oh, and since you're considering changing the admin UI/theme, I would like to suggest to right align all number/currency values in al table columns (for example reports etc). This design best practice improves readability and allows for easy comparison of values.

Thanks, Rutger! I've just added a note about it. Please find more info about these tasks (re-design and simplify) here
8 years ago
i would suggest to add in the CancelOrder method under the admin controller, to check if a payment was applied, and if so, it should refund the order, it dosent make sense that you cancel an order and the payment is still applied.

here is a snippet of code that i wrote.

// refund order if its still paid
                if (order.PaymentStatus == PaymentStatus.Paid || order.PaymentStatus == PaymentStatus.Authorized)
                {
                    _orderProcessingService.Refund(order);
                }
8 years ago
actually i missed some important lines, so here is my update.

if (order.PaymentStatus == PaymentStatus.Paid || order.PaymentStatus == PaymentStatus.Authorized)
                {
                    var errors = _orderProcessingService.Refund(order);
                    foreach (var error in errors)
                        ErrorNotification(error, false);
                }
8 years ago
Auto99 wrote:

Thanks. But if payment status is "paid", then you have to do "Refund". If its status is "Authorized", then you have to void. I would also add "CanRefund" and "CanVoid" methods as well.
8 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Thanks. But if payment status is "paid", then you have to do "Refund". If its status is "Authorized", then you have to void. I would also add "CanRefund" and "CanVoid" methods as well.

yes, you are right.
thanks for the input.
8 years ago
updated now the code, here it is.

IList<string> errors = new List<string>();
                if (order.PaymentStatus == PaymentStatus.Paid && _orderProcessingService.CanRefund(order))
                {
                    errors = _orderProcessingService.Refund(order);

}else if(order.PaymentStatus == PaymentStatus.Authorized && _orderProcessingService.CanVoid(order))
                {
                    errors = _orderProcessingService.Void(order);

}

var model = new OrderModel();
                PrepareOrderDetailsModel(model, order);
                foreach (var error in errors)
                    ErrorNotification(error, false);

return View(model);

8 years ago
I guess it is already in your list for 3.8 but that would be great if vendors can enter the price in different currencies. Also there is only one email for vendors, can we make it multiple email addresses on choice?
8 years ago
If we can see vendor IDs that would also be great. so when bulk importing products we can see and put their id numbers.
8 years ago
safehouse1111 wrote:
I have some of the features in Mind. Lets have a look on it

1 Multi Vendor Module:
1.1 There should be the subscription facility for vendors.(With different plan-limitation to categories, no of product upload, and validity)
1.2 Vendor payment settlement of sales report.
1.3 Store owner should get certain commission on selling of vendor's products.

2 Access control list (ACL)
Access control list should be provided to each and every menu, sub menu  items. This will help the store owner to enable, disable each menu.
Like if I Enable Admin area. Manage Customers it enables menu customers, customer roles, online customer, customer reports. Instead of this a separate ACL for each sub menu(Admin area. Manage Customers Roles, Admin area. Manage Online Customers, Admin area. Manage Customers reports) should be provided.

3. Logistic Integration

As it is need of time, in nopCommerce there is payment gateway integration, but there is no logistics support. (The shipping calculation methods are only to calculate shipping rates). See examples from Shopify here You can integrate all the possible logistics partners all over world by creating the plugins for it. This will help the customer as well as admin to manage and track the delivery of products.

4. Warehouse Management
There should be more clarity in terms of warehouse management. The inventory need to be track on basis of Location allocation (which shelf / bin it needs to be on). We can have bar code scanning facility in warehouse.

5. Discount Coupons
There must an area on public store where all the product discount coupons should display with all the essential conditions, valid period, etc

Logistics integration would greatly increase the adopt-ability of nopCommerce.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.