Shipping method localization

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Arash.Rohani wrote:
Hi, do have any progress in localization of shipping / payment methods?
have you decided to include these features in nopcommerce?

They're not planned to nopCommerce 1.90

Arash.Rohani wrote:
can we have the full feature list of those versions?

You can see all of them here, just filter status by 'Active' and Release by 'nopCommerce 1.90' and 'nopCommerce 2.00' (about 15 major features). ETA for nopCommerce 1.90 is December 2010. ETA for nopCommerce 2.00 is February 2011.
13 years ago
Hi,
Sometimes ago I found the shipping and payment method localization feature in codeplex as proposed.
But recently I noticed that it's not there.
May I ask what does it mean?
It means that you will not implement this feature??

Regards,
13 years ago
Arash.Rohani wrote:
Hi,
Sometimes ago I found the shipping and payment method localization feature in codeplex as proposed.
But recently I noticed that it's not there.
May I ask what does it mean?
It means that you will not implement this feature??

Regards,

It's still there - http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/9566
13 years ago
Hi Andrei,

I would appreciate it very much if you would decide to localize the Ship- and Payment Methods. It is really necessary to explain in the language of the customer how the shipment or payment will take place otherwise they get totally confused.

If I have a nice work-aound I will post it (tips are welcomed off course).

Thnx! Stephan
13 years ago
Stephan wrote:
Hi Andrei,

I would appreciate it very much if you would decide to localize the Ship- and Payment Methods. It is really necessary to explain in the language of the customer how the shipment or payment will take place otherwise they get totally confused.

If I have a nice work-aound I will post it (tips are welcomed off course).

Thnx! Stephan

Hi Stephan,

Any luck with the workaround? I'm also looking for a localized system for the shipping methods. Maybe we can work together to find a solution?

Thx
12 years ago
Hello to all,

I am quite new here to nopCommerce and I really like this software.

I don't understand that mostly all parts of the website are localized but the customer information about shipping and payment is not.

Is there any work-around?

I assume that there must be some work-around, because the Team has this point already long time at its list, but it was not solved so far. As it is very important to communicate with customers in their own language this point seems to me very urgent. This software is supposed to work for shops serving different countries. How can I explain customers the chosen payment method in his language?

Has somebody an idea how to solve this issue?

Thank you so far.

Regards,
Andre
12 years ago
I agree that this is must have feature for anybody who wants to run a multilingual site. Globalization of shipping and payment methods is more important for such sites than localization of products. Customer should really understand what he wants to do with the products he is ordering.

The only good workaround is to implement it :-(
12 years ago
Arash.Rohani wrote:
are they ready in version 1.90 or 2.0?

No

Arash.Rohani wrote:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/releasenotes.aspx
12 years ago
Guys, pleaseeeeeeeeeee put Shipping/payment method localization on the Roadmap. It does not look to me to complicated compared to all the other Hight Tech stuff you have been working on and it for sure will increase revenue of your users!

Thnx
12 years ago
It seems to me the fastest way to have a workaround on this is to create one version of the same shipping method per language.

The only coding needed would be to map ShippingMethod <-> Language so only those shipping methods are shown for a specific language. It's easier and faster than localizing the whole ShippingMethod stuff.

However, you would need to either A) Add a field to the shippingmethod table or B) Add another Mapping table, and I'm not sure how would future NopCommerce releases play with this custom modifications.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.