Shipping by weight - shipping options could not be loaded

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
petemitch wrote:

Try the GetEstimateShipping method in the ShoppingCartController.

Debugging it I notice that shippingOption.Rate is always zero.
Any idea?
7 years ago
Check the System > Log to see if any error messages.

If none, then try Shipping.FixedRate and see if same thing happens.  (Be sure only one provider is active)
7 years ago
New York wrote:
Check the System > Log to see if any error messages.

Just checked and no errors.

New York wrote:

If none, then try Shipping.FixedRate and see if same thing happens.  (Be sure only one provider is active)

FixedRate works perfectly.

I've just noticed a strange thing.
In Configure - Shipping by weight area, if I deselect the option "Limit shipping methods to configured one", I don't get any more the error message, but the value is always zero.
7 years ago
fr@ncesco wrote:
I have only one shipping method named Ground.
Only one Shipping rate computation methods (providers) is active: Shipping by weight
Following is its configuration:
State/ province: *
Zip: *  
Shipping method: Ground    
Data:

Order weight from: 0.00
Order weight to: 3.00
Additional fixed cost: 5.90
Rate per weight unit: 5.00
Lower weight limit: 0.00
Charge percentage (of subtotal): 0.00

Leave the Zip field blank (no *)
7 years ago
petemitch wrote:

Leave the Zip field blank (no *)

That's what I do in the form, and after saving it, I see a * beside Zip field.
7 years ago
Make sure you don't have any kind of 'Free Shipping' set up:
on product, by role, discount,  Over X
7 years ago
New York wrote:
Make sure you don't have any kind of 'Free Shipping' set up:
on product, by role, discount,  Over X

None of them have been configured.
7 years ago
Hi all,
I've got it working but I still don't know why.
In order to have it working, in Configure - Shipping by weight, in Warehouse I have to select *
In that way all calculations work fine, but if I select a proper Warehouse that I created, it doesn't work.
Is someone able to tell me what is the issue?
Many thanks in advance.
7 years ago
In your admin > Settings > Shipping Settings, be sure that 'Use warehouse location' is checked.

(also, be sure you configure By Weight records for each warehouse, or you do have a "*" record to catch the others)
7 years ago
I just found this topic but the solution does still not work for me. We have just updated to Nop 3.8 from 3.6 and so the products and data was already converted from the earlier version. We recently added a new location to the Shipping by Weight list so we had weights and prices for Gibraltar. Everything was added exactly as we had done before for all other countries but it still shows "Shipping options could not be loaded" in the shipping estimate, yet all the previous countires work fine. When I inspected the list of shipping By Weight entries, I noticed just one difference with the new ones we added for Gibraltar, and that was the Store Name. All the previous entries had the original store name showing in that column, whereas our new Gibraltar entires only had the catch all * symbol. Without updaing that directly in the database to test it, can you see this being the problem? We have no Warehouses set up at all as we only have one retail shop and didn't need it before. I am worried that adding a warehouse would mean we them need to update all the other 500 entries for Shipping by weight, so I am a bit worried about setting one. Could you let me know please?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.