Native IPhone, IPad & Android mobile ecommerce builder

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I am very interested in using nopCommerce for my project.  I need a mobile system.  I have sent emails to MobiCart and CatchyTech.

Is MobiCart up and running with nopCommerce?

Is anyone using either of these products?  Feedback?

-Jim
13 years ago
Hi Just wondering how it was all going..very excited to see the release of this.. catchy tech has already jumped on the bandwagon and is charging for a module..
just wondering if there's going to be a community open source model? if you need dev help im happy to pitch in!
13 years ago
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your messages.

Yes MobiCart is now live www.mobi-cart.com

In terms of integrating with nopCommerce. This will need to be done when our API is released in late January. For now you can still use MobiCart but you will need to use our CMS rather than the nopCommerce one.

CatchyTech - Thanks for the link. Its also really important to say MobiCart is nothing like CatchyTech. CatchyTech is a mobile CSS theme for your current site. MobiCart on the other hand is a native app:

http://support.mobi-cart.com/mobicart/topics/is_mobicart_a_mobile_css_theme_or_a_native_app?from_gsfn=true

MobiCart is also free and yes will be open source so designers and developers can contribute.

Thanks again,

Wladimir
13 years ago
nice ,but api not yet ready seem like
13 years ago
Yes correct, the API is not ready yet. However you can still use Mobicart, it just means you need to manually add all your products to via our CMS and also manage any orders through there.
13 years ago
i can't find option to create app for android. Is it not ready?
13 years ago
Support for Android will be ready in the new year along with Windows Mobile and iPad.

Thanks again,

Wladimir
13 years ago
Hi Guys,

There have been a few questions come up regarding MobiCart and what it does, and the difference between a native app and a mobile CSS theme.

MobiCart is not a native app that enables you to manage your shopping cart admin panel. MobiCart has a built in CMS, however, instead of creating you a website, MobiCart will create you a native app.

Now the issue is if you lets say have 1,000 products in your shopping cart, you need to get them into MobiCart without having to type them all out again. This is where our API comes in.

The API can be made to work simply so you could import all your products into MobiCart, and when an order was placed on a phone, that order would be pushed back up to your shopping cart. You can also extend this and manage every aspect of MobiCart from within your shopping cart. You could create a page in your admin called 'mobile' and have all the settings needed in there.

Now the next question is, why not just have a mobile CSS theme instead of native app.

Our advice would be to have both as a mobile CSS theme is still very good to have and also quick to implement.

However there are many features which is a mobile CSS theme cannot do. With a native app you can do things such as:

1) Enhanced UI
2) Push notifications
3) Stores locators
4) On-device loyalty schemes
5) Select from address book
6) Barcode scanning
7) Location based services

The list goes on. The above features are only possible with a native app and open up a whole load of possibilities.

The best part of all this is MobiCart is free and open source! Designers can build and sell new themes and developers, extensions.

Thanks again,

Wladimir
13 years ago
Hi Guys,

While our API is a few weeks away, I thought I would share with you our new iPhone and iPad screenshots:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mobicart/sets/72157624943245308/

The MobiCart iPhone platform is already live, but we wanted to re-fresh the look and feel of the app. You will also notice some new features such as product reviews and multiple checkout options.

As for the iPad, we are bringing MobiCart to a new device with a totally new experience.

Our team has already been working hard to integrate both sets and we expect a release date in around 6 weeks time.
We will also be releasing the source code so designers and developers can extend and customise MobiCart to their exact needs.

Thanks again,

Wladimir
13 years ago
hi Mobicart,
just wondering, the API is to help shop owner integrate e-commerce site to mobicart, or mobicart integrate to e-commerce site?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.