nopCommerce 4.0 - Bug fixes and improvements

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Nop-Templates.com wrote:
Hi Andrei,

Now it works but it took us some time to see that we could not have IConsumer<ModelPrepared<IEnumerable<ProductOverviewModel>>> but it should be IConsumer<ModelPrepared<IEnumerable<BaseNopModel>>> instead (then we saw the comment in the code that it was intentional) and need to cast it to the concrete type in the HandleEvent method.

Anyway this will work for us.

Thank you again!

Boyko

This task exists. But we haven't found a way to implement it =((
6 years ago
Nop-Templates.com wrote:

Hi Andrei,

In addition to errors like "Could not find the view" we should Log any Razor view compilation errors.
For example if for some reason the _EstimateShippingResult.cshtml could not be compiled i.e has some typo, we need to log this error in the Log.
I already commented on the issue in GitHub.

Hi Andrei,

Do you think we can do something about the above point?

Thanks,
Boyko

Unfortunately, haven't found a good way to do it
6 years ago
Nop-Templates.com wrote:
H1. You should add to the description that the plugin directory will be DELETED as some store owners may have some customization to the plugins and they should be aware that their customization will be lost.

You're right. I think we'll do it

Nop-Templates.com wrote:
2. You should think about adding support for Theme as well. In our theme packages we have the following structure.

Plugins
Themes/ThemeName

We can add uploadedPlugins.json to specify the plugins to be installed but there is no way for the Theme files to be copied into the Themes folder. So the store owner will need to use FTP to upload the theme files.

Thanks! This work item already exists

Nop-Templates.com wrote:
3. I tried to upload several plugins from a single zip and some of the files from the Zip were not copied.
By quickly looking at the code I noticed this in the UploadMultiplePlugins method:

if (!Directory.Exists(directoryPath))
                            Directory.CreateDirectory(directoryPath);
                        else
                            entry.ExtractToFile(entryPath);

the code above skips the first file in a folder.
It should be without the else clause in order to work properly.

if (!Directory.Exists(directoryPath))
{
                            Directory.CreateDirectory(directoryPath);
}

entry.ExtractToFile(entryPath);

Unfortunately we don't have much time to test this more as we are busy with the upgrade of the themes and plugins but I would suggest you to test this functionality a bit more.

Thansk! We'll check it
6 years ago
Nop-Templates.com wrote:

I finally had a chance to play with the "Upload plugin" functionality.

Unfortunately we don't have much time to test this more as we are busy with the upgrade of the themes and plugins but I would suggest you to test this functionality a bit more.

Thanks,
Boyko

Done. You can see changes in this and this commits.
Thanks for the suggestion and contribution.
6 years ago
Hi Team,

Thanks for your brilliant job!!
I have a question
Feed.Google removed from default solution plugins project, is there any specific cause?
6 years ago
sohel wrote:
Feed.Google removed from default solution plugins project, is there any specific cause?

We prefer by have less plugins available out of the box. This plugin will be later available for download on our marketplace
6 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Unfortunately, haven't found a good way to do it

Hi Andrei,

I understand.
I hope I will have some time to look at it and try to find a way to implement this as the lack of such compilation  errors in the Log will make their investigation much harder.
I will write back as soon as I find a feasible solution.

Thanks,
Boyko
6 years ago
RomanovM wrote:

Done. You can see changes in this and this commits.
Thanks for the suggestion and contribution.

Thank you, Romanov!

I will test this again and will write back as soon as I have some feedback.

Thanks,
Boyko
6 years ago
a.m. wrote:
This work item already exists

Hi Andrei,

Yes, but it looks like you don't have plans to include it in the 4.0 release as it has "maybe won't" tag.
I hope I am wrong as I really like how you have implemented this for the plugins.
You can easily use the same approach like the plugins and check uploadedThemes.json file where we can specify the theme(s) to be copied.
As you know we include more than 10 plugins in every theme and we provide a single Zip package to our clients that contains two main folders - one for the Plugins (Plugins) and one for the Theme (Themes/ThemeName). The actual structure of the zip package doesn't really matter as you have these uploadedXXX.json files that can reflect the folder structure and every vendor has a lot of flexibility how to organize their packages.

So if there was support for themes and plugins upload at the same time it would be super easy for our clients to upload their themes (not just plugins) from the administration by uploading this single package and have all required files (theme and plugins) uploaded in their nopCommerce website (not using FTP at all).
Actually it is a feature that was lacking from nopCommerce for a very long time and if there is no theme upload support it will be just "half" done.

To be honest if there won't be theme upload support we might consider dropping the upload plugins support (for the themes) to remove any confusions this may lead to as otherwise we will have a lot of questions like these:
"We uploaded the theme package but the theme is not uploaded only the plugins. Why is that? Should we upload the theme via FTP?".
So instead of blaming nopCommerce that it does not have support for theme upload we would prefer to drop the upload support. Since the store owners will still need to upload the theme files via FTP it won't be a problem for them to upload the plugins too.

I just wanted to share our point of view as a theme/plugin vendor but it is all about making the nopCommerce store owners life easier and simpler!

p.s: I think there are other vendors that supply some plugins with their themes so they may share their point of view too.

I really hope you will be able to add theme upload support too.

Thanks,
Boyko
6 years ago
Highly agree with @Boyko +1
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.