nopCommerce 4.0 - Bug fixes and improvements

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Nop-Templates.com wrote:

Done. You can see changes in this and this commits.
Thanks for the suggestion and contribution.

Thank you, Romanov!

I will test this again and will write back as soon as I have some feedback.

Thanks,
Boyko

Hi Romanov,

I just tested the updated version of the PluginManager but unfortunately this is still not working.
When I extract the zip manually everything is working fine but when I use the upload plugins functionality then some files are missing. For some reason some files are just skipped (not copied) from the zip.

p.s: I can send you the zip package that I use for testing if this will help you track the problem (I can PM it as it contains a paid plugin).

Thanks,
Boyko
6 years ago
Can anyone suggest what is exact problem up here?
http://prntscr.com/h3i2c5
6 years ago
Nop-Templates.com wrote:

I will write back as soon as I find a feasible solution.

Hi Andrei,

I think I found a decent solution for logging errors (not just razor view compilation errors).
Inside the UseNopExceptionHandler extension method you can change the code like this (the code in bold is added):

//or use special exception handler                
application.UseExceptionHandler("/errorpage.htm");
application.UseExceptionHandler(handler =>
   {
     handler.Run(context =>
        {
           var exception = context.Features.Get<IExceptionHandlerFeature>().Error;
           var logger = EngineContext.Current.Resolve<Nop.Services.Logging.ILogger>();
           logger.InsertLog(Nop.Core.Domain.Logging.LogLevel.Error, "Exception", exception.ToString());

// rethrow the exception to show the errorpage.htm
           throw exception;
         });
    });

It basically logs the error using the nopCommerce ILogger service and then shows the error page.

I would go further and also add the logging in DEV environment not just in production.
It will still be quite useful especially if an error occurs during an ajax request and you can't spot the error message in the browser (unless you open the dev tools and see the network tab). Also having the exact exception in the Log is much better than some formatted html containing the error.

Please let me know what you think about it!

Thanks,
Boyko
6 years ago
paul.g wrote:

Hi Paul,

Do you have \Build\ClearPluginAssemblies.proj file?
6 years ago
Nop-Templates.com wrote:
I think I found a decent solution for logging errors (not just razor view compilation errors).
Inside the UseNopExceptionHandler extension method you can change the code like this (the code in bold is added)

Hi Boyko,

Thanks a lot! We'll check it soon
6 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi Paul,

Do you have \Build\ClearPluginAssemblies.proj file?

Yes it's there what is strange that is random problem sometimes it builds sometimes throw errors.
6 years ago
paul.g wrote:
Yes it's there what is strange that is random problem sometimes it builds sometimes throw errors.

What is your full directory path to the solution (e.g. D:\development\nopCommerce\etc)? What Windows version are you using? Building in Debug or Release?
6 years ago
Greetings Andrei,

we found a potential problem on the Register page in the new version of Nop-commerce.

<div class="form-fields">
                    <div class="inputs">
                        <div class="inputs">
                        </div>
                        <div class="inputs">
                        </div>
                    </div>
                </div>

This is where "password" and "confirm password" fields are. There is a two-level stack of ".inputs" elements, which is a potential problem for specific styles applied on the ".inputs" class.
The outer ".inputs" element is not needed, only the inner elements should be present, as it was in nop-commerce 3.9

Regards,

Valentin.
6 years ago
Nop-Templates.com wrote:
...we found a potential problem on the Register page in the new version of Nop-commerce...

Thanks a lot for reporting, Valentin! Fixed

P.S. Guys, considering that you don't ask for our bountry reward, we owe you a lot of beer in New York... and then tequila in Mexico =)))
6 years ago
a.m. wrote:
What is your full directory path to the solution (e.g. D:\development\nopCommerce\etc)? What Windows version are you using? Building in Debug or Release?

Andrei sorry my bad actually it was issue of .NET Rider idea after updating it "solution-wide analysis" was running and it threatening even every single include http://prntscr.com/h410r8 and many more code lines as errors, so nopCommerce got over 1588 errors according to jetBrains and according to VisualStudio 0 errors :)
Maybe there is room for improvement just not sure for nopCommerce or jetBrains software :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.