nopCommerce 4.00 BETA released. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
XtremeCommerce wrote:
Hi Thanh

When you download files from the internet now, Windows will automatically block them.

The solution is when you download the Zip File, before you do anything else right click the zip file and select unblock, then you are good to go.

It took me a little while to see what was going at first.

Hi, thanks for reply.

This issue happen when i rebuild the project - the .dll files be copied to \Plugins\bin by the ShadowCopyFile - after that, the copied file be set to BLOCK, not by download files from the internet.

Can you give me another suggestion?

Thanks,
Thanh.
6 years ago
Hi Thanh

This is most definitely a Windows Security or Permissions issue, because you are writing new files to your Disk, you really need to check your Virus Software to see if it is adding the block and also your Firewall.

There is a lot of information out there on this security feature just Search "Windows File Blocking" on Google and you should hopefully be able to work it out, but you can rest assured this is not a nopCommerce problem or issue.

Kind Regards
Ron Palmer
6 years ago
Hi XtremeCommerce,

Unfortunately I'm not having any success setting up nopCommerce 4.00 Beta, neither on the server nor on my local workstation. nopCommerce 3.90 runs without problems on both machines.

To troubleshoot, I decided to first try to set up an entirely new website from the 4.00 binaries on my local workstation (Windows 10 Pro version 1703, IIS 10, .NET Framework 4.7, MS SQL Server Dev 2016). Since the folder structure is different from the one described in the installation guide (http://docs.nopcommerce.com/display/en/Installation+guide), I have granted Write access to the entire site to the application pool identity for now, to eliminate that as source of errors.
Anonymous access is enabled, using the application pool identity.

Unfortunately after copying the files to the website folder, I am unable to open anything in IIS, for example to configure logging. I receive an error that it could not retrieve the logging settings. If I try to access the website anyway, I receive HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.
Module             IIS Web Core
Notification     Unknown
Handler             Not yet determined
Error Code     0x8007000d

I can avoid the error in IIS by commenting out the two lines related to aspNetCore in web.config

<handlers>
      <!-- add name="aspNetCore" path="*" verb="*" modules="AspNetCoreModule" resourceType="Unspecified" / -->
    </handlers>
    <!-- aspNetCore requestTimeout="00:07:00" processPath=".\Nop.Web.exe" arguments="" forwardWindowsAuthToken="false" stdoutLogEnabled="false" stdoutLogFile=".\logs\stdout" / -->

but then when I try to access the site, I instead recive HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden
The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.
Most likely causes:
A default document is not configured for the requested URL, and directory browsing is not enabled on the server.

Is it possible that I do need to install ASP.NET Core after all to make the site work, even if it is targeting .NET Framework 4.6.1? Is there something else I need to install besides that?

Thank you!
Lena Nilsson
6 years ago
LenaNi2020 wrote:
Is it possible that I do need to install ASP.NET Core after all to make the site work, even if it is targeting .NET Framework 4.6.1? Is there something else I need to install besides that?

Hi Lena,

Please see my original post. It has a link to this document which states that "You also have to
install .NET Core SDK (download)". Please try to do it
6 years ago
Hi Lena

I installed a number of updates to get everything to work, especially getting all the frameworks back up to date:

1) Microsoft .Net Core 2.0.0 - Windows Server Hosting ( Includes AspNetCoreModule)
2) Microsoft .Net Core SDK (x64)
3) Microsoft .Net Core Runtime - 2.0.0 (x64 and x86)

Also for the Application Pool you are using make sure you change the ".Net CLR Version = No Managed Code" and "Load User Profile = True".

The biggest issue I was having was with the Windows File Blocking, which took me a while to discover, I had
not come across this issue before and was causing all sorts of problems, but once that was resolved and everything was clear, it fired up just fine and runs very fast.

I didn't need to alter the config and it is still targeting framework 4.61, I would be more than happy to help you to get it setup if you need help.

Kind Regards
Ron Palmer
6 years ago
Ron and Andrei,

Thank you for your help!

After just installing the .NET Core SDK by itself, I still received the exact same error 500.19.

Next, I uninstalled the SDK, and installed the Microsoft .Net Core 2.0.0 - Windows Server Hosting and the Microsoft .Net Core SDK (x64). When I tried to install the x64 and x86 runtimes, I got an Uninstall button instead of Install for both, so I assumed they were already installed as part of the SDK. I also set ".Net CLR Version = No Managed Code" for the application pool.

With these settings, I received the following:

We're sorry, an internal error occurred.
Our supporting staff has been notified of this error and will address the issue shortly.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please try clicking your browsers 'back' button or try reloading the home page.
If you continue to receive this message, please try again in a little while.
Thank you for your patience.

Setting "Load User Profile = True" instead caused the site to hang completely. That is a problem I have had before with that setting, and I believe it has something to do with the profiles not being created in the registry, but have never found a solution. Hopefully that setting isn't critical to make the site work!

How can I find out what causes the above error message?

Thank you!
Lena Nilsson
6 years ago
LenaNi2020 wrote:

We're sorry, an internal error occurred.
Our supporting staff has been notified of this error and will address the issue shortly.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Are you able to look in the log to see what the error is ? the other thing you could also try is creating a new
DB with a fresh install and see if you get any errors then, that way you'll know if the issue is with the old DB.

Failing that I will be available to help you tomorrow if you want to pm me with your Skype Id, I can then share my screen and my setup and hopefully you may see something that you may of missed.

Kind Regards
Ron
6 years ago
Small bug within registration:
http://prntscr.com/h43xjz

<select> first option is set to selected and has value so validation triggered as field is valid even if it's required and not selected.
You should remove all attributes from the first option then validation will work as expected.
6 years ago
Ron,

Thank you so much for your offer to help!

Actually I think I may have just gotten the site to work when installed from binaries. The final piece of the puzzle was that I had read the installation guide too literally and granted Write permissions to the Application Pool Identity on the site folders. Once I also granted Modify permissions, the site started working!

Thank you again for your help and good advice!
Lena Nilsson
6 years ago
paul.g wrote:
Small bug within registration:
http://prntscr.com/h43xjz

<select> first option is set to selected and has value so validation triggered as field is valid even if it's required and not selected.
You should remove all attributes from the first option then validation will work as expected.

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot! Although we also have server-side validation, but you're right. We'll check it
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.