nopCommerce 4.00 BETA released. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hi Andrei

I have converted our Proofing server to run .Net Core 2.0 and it seems to working fine now: https://default400.nopresponsive.com/ , I have dropped the jQuery.js down to the footer, which doesn't seem to be causing any issues, one thing that Google page speed moans about is  Minify HTML, Minify CSS and Minify JS.

I thought you might like to take a look at this if you have time I use it with my plugins and it does exactly what is required, WebMarkupMin this is for .Net Core 2.0 and will Minify everything in the source code and remove the Minify HTML, Minify CSS and Minify JS from the Google PageSpeed and doesn't take long to implement either, this will also improve the Pagespeed score even more.
6 years ago
Hi Andrei

If you have time to look, this is the result we get in nopCommerce 3.60 which is built into our core plugin by default.

Please right click to see Source Code.

Kind Regards
Ron Palmer
6 years ago
XtremeCommerce wrote:
I have converted our Proofing server to run .Net Core 2.0 and it seems to working fine now: https://default400.nopresponsive.com/

Do you mean you converted nopCommerce to .NET Core 2.0. Because by default we run .NET Framework 4.6.1 (we have a separate task to move to .NET Core 2.0). Or is it basically the default nopCommerce installation (.NET Framework 4.6.1) but on the server with .NET Core 2.0 installed? So the only customization you've made is jQuery in the footer and WebMarkupMin library. Please clarify. BTW, what are your server specs?

XtremeCommerce wrote:
I have dropped the jQuery.js down to the footer, which doesn't seem to be causing any issues, one thing that Google page speed moans about is  Minify HTML, Minify CSS and Minify JS

No, it won't work. Please find more info here (just check it on your demo site on checkout page)

XtremeCommerce wrote:
I thought you might like to take a look at this if you have time I use it with my plugins and it does exactly what is required, WebMarkupMin this is for .Net Core 2.0 and will Minify everything in the source code and remove the Minify HTML, Minify CSS and Minify JS from the Google PageSpeed and doesn't take long to implement either, this will also improve the Pagespeed score even more.

Thanks for suggestion. We already have this library mentioned in this task
6 years ago
We have a nopCommerce 3.6 evaluation site running on a Windows 2012 R2 server (IIS 8.5, ASP.NET framework 4.7, MS SQL Server 2016 Express), and as part of our evaluation, I would like to update it to 3.9 and then to 4.00 Beta using the upgrade scripts provided on the site. I have read that 4.00 Beta currently targets .NET Framework 4.6.1, not .NET Core, but I'm not sure exactly what that means for system requirements.

Am I understanding Andrei's post correctly, that nopCommerce 4.00 Beta only requires .NET Framework 4.6.1 or above to be installed on the server, but not ASP.NET Core? Would there be any advantage to install ASP.NET Core 2.0 on the server?

Are there any other system requirements for nopCommerce 4.00 that are different from 3.9?

Thank you in advance!
Lena Nilsson
6 years ago
Hi Lena

I have just given my Proofing Server a really good overhaul and updated our Frameworks up to 4.71 and added Core 2 so that it covers all eventualities, but I have have to say it's made a big difference to the server, it has also
fixed a few server issues as well, but yes your right because version 4 is targeting framework 4.61 you don't need to setup your server to run Core 2 if you don't want to.

Just like yourself i wasn't sure if we could run as we do with 3.90 and to be perfectly honest I really didn't try, I am hosting it as a Core 2 Project and it is still targeting framework 4.61.

But from a performance point of view it has greatly improved, and the memory resources are down.
6 years ago
XtremeCommerce wrote:
Hi Andrei

I have converted our Proofing server to run .Net Core 2.0 and it seems to working fine now: https://default400.nopresponsive.com/ , I have dropped the .

https://sonarwhal.com/scanner/5f9fa9e6-6a3b-4095-a5ea-b3efe52262df web security checkup for your site using Microsoft Sonar service :D. It seems Nop did a good job
6 years ago
a.m. wrote:
BTW, what are your server specs?

The Server is running 2012 R2, 2012 MSSQL, 2.10 GHz and 16GB memory and I use Cloudflare as our nameserver, over the last few weeks i had noticed I was getting some server errors so I wanted to give it a good overhaul, I also run each project in it's own Application Pool to keep them isolated and to keep in tip top condition, this makes it easy to isolate any problems or Issues rather than just using one App Pool.
6 years ago
Hi Guys

If anyone is interested we will be offering a managed hosting package for the upcoming version 4 as we do for the other versions so please feel free to contact me if this is of interest to you.

Here is a Demo Site for you, Home Page load time is approx 450ms and Catalogue page load times are approx 600ms in it's current state so it's pretty fast.
6 years ago
Hi,

I met one issue when run project with VS 2017.5:
+ The plugin .dll files copied to \Nop.Web\Plugins\bin, but Assembly could not load and show this error:
"An error occurred while starting the application.

NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous."

+ I checked \Nop.Web\Plugins\bin, then right click on one of .dll file, choose properties and see this:
"This file came from another computer and might be blocked to protect this computer"

Any idea?

Thanks,
Thanh.
6 years ago
Hi Thanh

When you download files from the internet now, Windows will automatically block them.

The solution is when you download the Zip File, before you do anything else right click the zip file and select unblock, then you are good to go.

It took me a little while to see what was going at first.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.