nopCommerce 4.00 BETA released. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi, I have a question, the value of the button "add to cart" (box product home), the correct value would be "details"? redirects to page details. Thanks.
Everything is correct. When a product cannot be added to the cart for some reasons (e.g. it has attributes, etc), then we redirect to the details page

Hi Andrei, yes the redirect is correct when there are attributes, I mean the value of the button should also be "Details" is there any possibility of changing?
6 years ago
I see now. No, it's by design. You'll have to customize the solution to support it
6 years ago
a.m. wrote:
I see now. No, it's by design. You'll have to customize the solution to support it

Thanks, Andrei
6 years ago
jdenmark2 wrote:
When installing the NopCommerce 4 beta, I'm getting the following error:

Setup failed: Value cannot be null.  Parameter name: hashAlgorithm

This is a fresh install, new database.  I've installed .NET Core 2.0 SDK, Runtime, WindowsHosting, etc.  I noticed someone else on the forums had this issue, but never saw that it was resolved.  I've tried and re-tried quite a few times - tried deploying from Visual Studio, and even tried downloading the "no source code" version.

The database tables are getting created, so the failure is happening after that.  I've removed all plugins from the Plugins folder so none of them is causing the issue.  Help!

Bump.  Any suggestions?  This has got me at a standstill, and we have several plugins to update!
6 years ago
Can 4.00 (and .Net 4.61) cohexist with 3.90 (and .Net 3.5)? I mean is it possible to run a shop with 4.0 on the same server that hosts another shop running 3.90?
6 years ago
infinito62 wrote:
Can 4.00 (and .Net 4.61) cohexist with 3.90 (and .Net 3.5)? I mean is it possible to run a shop with 4.0 on the same server that hosts another shop running 3.90?

Sure, why not? We already run them on our server (the official 3.90 demo and out internal test site with 4.00)
6 years ago
Hello!
Congratulations for the 4.00 BETA released, a bit late, but still good job to your team.
I had some problems with running it, because I am using VS2017, I also have seen other experts also have had that issue, but now it is fine and it is working.
I started working on my assignment and project with 3.90, but I will update when you officially announce the final version.
Best regards
6 years ago
Great Work!

I have Tested it out with more than 50 Lakhs+ Products and compare performance with Previous version. These version has really boosting performance.
6 years ago
Two errors:

On Build:
Error occurred while restoring NuGet packages: The operation failed as details for project Nop.Plugin.Shipping.FixedOrByWeight could not be loaded.

On Run:
An error occurred while starting the application.

NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
Unknown location

FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'PayPal, Version=1.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5b4afc1ccaef40fb' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, string codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, ref StackCrawlMark stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, bool throwOnFileNotFound, bool forIntrospection, bool suppressSecurityChecks)

Exception: Plugin 'Credit Card'. Could not load file or assembly 'PayPal, Version=1.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5b4afc1ccaef40fb' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize(ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, NopConfig config) in PluginManager.cs, line 619

Exception: Plugin 'Credit Card'. Could not load file or assembly 'PayPal, Version=1.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5b4afc1ccaef40fb' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
Could not load file or assembly 'PayPal, Version=1.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5b4afc1ccaef40fb' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize(ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, NopConfig config) in PluginManager.cs, line 630

NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

Show raw exception details
FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'PayPal, Version=1.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5b4afc1ccaef40fb' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, string codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, ref StackCrawlMark stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, bool throwOnFileNotFound, bool forIntrospection, bool suppressSecurityChecks)
System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, string codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, ref StackCrawlMark stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, bool throwOnFileNotFound, bool forIntrospection, bool suppressSecurityChecks)
System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, ref StackCrawlMark stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, bool throwOnFileNotFound, bool forIntrospection, bool suppressSecurityChecks)
System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)
Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.PerformFileDeploy(FileInfo plug, ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager) in PluginManager.cs
+
            var shadowCopiedAssembly = Assembly.Load(AssemblyName.GetAssemblyName(shadowCopiedPlug.FullName));
Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize(ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, NopConfig config) in PluginManager.cs
+
                                    PerformFileDeploy(plugin, applicationPartManager);

Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize(ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, NopConfig config) in PluginManager.cs
+
                            throw fail;

Could not load file or assembly 'PayPal, Version=1.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5b4afc1ccaef40fb' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
+
                    throw fail;
Nop.Core.Infrastructure.NopEngine.Initialize(IServiceCollection services) in NopEngine.cs
+
            PluginManager.Initialize(mvcCoreBuilder.PartManager, nopConfig);
Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.ConfigureApplicationServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfigurationRoot configuration) in ServiceCollectionExtensions.cs
+
            engine.Initialize(services);
Nop.Web.Startup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services) in Startup.cs
+
            return services.ConfigureApplicationServices(Configuration);
System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConventionBasedStartup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureApplicationServices()
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()

.NET Framework 4.7.2116.0 X86 v4.0.0.0    |   Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting version 2.0.0-rtm-26452    |    Microsoft Windows 6.1.7601 S    |   Need help?
6 years ago
Hi Bruce

I have just spent a couple of days creating hosting for Core 2.0 on my proofing server :), and it's been a bit of a learning curve, as I was facing the same issues as you, the main thing you have to do to run it locally or on a server is to make sure when you download the nopCommerce Version 4 project, is to make sure windows has not blocked the files.

Open the properties of the zip file and select unblock, then unload the zip file into your folder hopefully that should resolve the issue, it took a while for me to find this, but it has resolved the problem i was having after growing a few more grey hairs.

Kind Regards
Ron Palmer
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.