nopCommerce 1.70 is coming in 10 days. Beta testers needed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I just upgraded from nop commerce 1.4 all the way to 1.7 - and I have to say I am impressed with the amount of new functionality and bug fixes that has been implemented! It seem to be much more responsible.

A few things I noticed though:
1. Australia Post option - shows three codes on checkout shipping page: Standard, Express, EXP_PLT. Now is there anyway to allow the administrator to configure a "friendly" name for each of the options (and also add a short description, as well as allowing us to add some links to the australia post site - like how ebay does it?). So instead of "EXP_PLT" - show like Australia Post - "Express Platinum".

2. Australia Post option - It would also be nice to say it is not 1 Days shipping, but 1 Days business days for shipping after the order is processed.

3. Australia Post option - In addition, might also be great if you could let us control/limit which shipping methods to be enabled - for instance, enable only Aus Post express platinum shipping (some of our orders are expensive and we don't want customers to risk it).

4. I have been using the option to show categories on the home (default.aspx) page. This has since disappeared in version 1.7 - I had a look in Default.aspx.cs, it seem the code for the component has disappeared? Are you able to confirm this? If so, how can I get the categories back? It was a very nice feature, and doesn't make much sense to get rid of it :(

Anyhow, I'd really like to thank you for your efforts - it is good to see nop commerce coming to a more mature state.

Doug
13 years ago
I am new to nopCommerce and just installed and setup the 1.6 version a couple of weeks ago. I used webplatform to install and have setup all of my inventory items and pages and the site is live. I want to upgrade to 1.7, but am not sure about the steps of downloading the site without source code or with source code, do I place all of the files on top of what I have in the site and run install? I maintain my own web server so I can and have been accessing everything in the nopcommerce directory.

I am sure it is simple and easy but the fear of the unknown is getting in the way.

Anyway any insight would be a big help.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.