nopCommerce 1.8 roadmap. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Will paging be supported in the RecentlyAddedProducts ?
13 years ago
when I manage products, search filters are cleared if I go back to the product list.

for example, If I need to update some information on all cars manufactured by Ferrari, I have to select Ferrari as manufacturer and seach it again again. If I have 10 cars from it, I have to search 10 times.

thanks
13 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
Is Captcha image going to be included in Contact Us Form in 1.8 version ?

No
13 years ago
fadex wrote:
Will paging be supported in the RecentlyAddedProducts ?

No
13 years ago
Important / required features for upcoming versions:

1) Username change: Currently there is no feature to change the username, i guess any user who regsiters with the website should be able to change his/her username. The drawback of not having this feature is: what if somebody forgets his username ? and the website is asking for username instead of e-mail address, then the user won't be able to login and he/she has to contact store owner.

2) Strong strength check: In e-commerce business payment transactions are done so security issue is very important. In the registration page, password strength checking meter should be there in order to notify user if his/her password is strong enough or not. Today's most of the websites uses this password meter to check the strength or the password.
Please take a look at this password strength check meter as an example: EXAMPLE

3) Search engine for pages : Currently search engine of nopCommerce works only to search products, but to make it more user friendly- there should be a search engine that should give website pages also, like: contact us page, about us, services, or all the pages in the website etc (something like google customer search engine for websites). Sometimes online customers like to inquire about the store before making any purchase, so increasing functionality of search engine is very useful.

4) Newsletter: These days most of the e-commerce websites or any online store gives browser view of newsletter. As, current nopCommerce newsletter features only send out the newsletter, but many of the mailboxes block the images, so the customer / website member is not able to see the newsletter, so there should be a browser view also of each newsletter saying something like this: "Not able to view? please click here". I know this will be a store issue as for browser view the newsletter and images will be saved in the database but newsletter is very important feature in e-commerce business and a way of communicating with online customers. If customers won't get 100% information then there is no use of this feature.

I am working on implementing Google Customer Search engine with nopCommerce and adding password meter check feature. When i will be done, i will post it in the Contribution section for other community members and for future reference for upcoming versions.
13 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
I am working on implementing Google Customer Search engine with nopCommerce and adding password meter check feature. When i will be done, i will post it in the Contribution section for other community members and for future reference for upcoming versions.[/b]

Looking forward to it, both are useful features!
13 years ago
Please add a new search feature for admin to search Localization! Also, if you could put the links to the top of the page too.
13 years ago
Hello everyone,

I am Portuguese and I'm new to nopcommerce. Working with management software so I have a different view of many users.
I want to use nopcommerce store for my future because nopcommerce has a great store, but from my point of view need to improve some simple features.
If the suggestions are not the time to get version 1.8 to 1.9.

a) Do not make the mistake of wanting to implement new features (some call it complicated) and forget the most important.
   That existing features work well and with great performance.

b) Do not think of many complicated features and forget the simplest (those who are more used)

c) The store must have a uniform operation on all pages

After this brief introduction here are some fixes for the test I did

1) About performance is something that I will not say anything because I think nopcommerce always have this as important.
2) Home Page
   a)Features Products  Visualization
      The products should appear in the same way that the remaining pages. With prices. (** To be uniform)

b) Features on the home page
      If for example there are 20 items to be displayed on the homepage, it is ugly because it grows very down.
      I suggest a new option: Number of articles to feature products
   c) New Products
      There is the option to set the number of updates per page, which is correct.
      But if we are talking about a shop, often in the news because there are many a new catalog.
      If we define eight articles per page and enter at once 20 products, 12 are forgotten.
      I suggest:
          Maximum number of New Products : X (ex: 20)
          Number of products per page: Y (ex: 8)

>> 3 pages of new products

3) Visualization Products
   a) Shows the name, price (for pages with more than one variant shows from EUR x), button details and buy button.
   Also appear to suggest that information Availability: In Stock or out of stock (for pages with more than one variant, arise from In stock)
   Thus, the user would know immediately if the product exists or not in stock

b) Promotions
      If product have discount, just know when we view the product details.
     I suggest: - In the listing of prodct, the view is identical to the price when we have old and new.
                So you know as soon as the item have discount
              - In the product details on promotion, also appear to date from the beginning and end of the promotion (required by law in some countries)

4) Buy out of stock products
   Fix a bug reported by me.
   The details of the products come with the correct information about the availability of stock even if it is not allowed to buy stock.
   Eg The product is out of stock, but still exists and it is necessary to order to the supplier.
       You want to buy certain commodity, but knows he is not available at this time.

5) My Account
   a) visible and mandatory fields
      After setting the fields available and obligatory, they appear when we create / edit the delivery address and billing.
      Also arise when we checkout a guest. (Operating non-uniform)

b) non-uniform fields in the database
      real example: The size for the 'post code' in customer info is different from Shipping address and billing address

6) Register Client
   a) new account
      When you register, he should by automatically creating the shipping address and billing address same as inserted.
      By doing so, makes the 1st purchase the customer will not have to repopulate the data on the shipping address

7) Checkout

a) Address / Shipping Address / Billing Address
      I suggest that it should be possible to choose whether to use Shipping address and Billing Address or just one.

b) Checkout as guest
      When checkout as a guest, you should never arise addresses existing guest
      Ex: In my virtual machine where I'm doing the tests, I checkout as guests.
          After inserting my data from the address.
          After clicking Next, I did cancel the purchase.

When I buy new as a guest, came home that had previously entered

7)Shipping rate computation method
    a) Create a new simple method : Shipping By Country & Order Total

Best regards
13 years ago
any word on bundled items?
13 years ago
kingboyk wrote:

Looking forward to it, both are useful features!

Hello Stephen,

I implemented password strength check meter on nopCommerce registration page, i have posted the solution / code in the contribution section, you can take a look at it...

Here's the solution / code:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/5611/password-strength-check-meter-for-nopcommerce-registration-page.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.