nopCommerce 1.8 roadmap. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Custom fields on Customer profiles would be beneficial. We want to add our own customer number to the nopCommerce profile and will need to do this with custom programming
13 years ago
I've run across an usability problem again, like the lack of search in the language setup and global setup area, this isn't the end of the world but something that needs to be looked into.

I currently have around 700 categories, and managing them in a pain as is adding products to them. I've been playing around with some ideas one of them is to have a option to list by level limiting the number of pages but this will increase the number of clicks to get to a 3rd and 4th level category. I remember in the earlier version of Nop it used a tree in the category admin area why aren't you using that anymore was it a performance issue or a choice of keeping a standard design through out the admin area? Thinking of maybe trying to get jstree working in the category admin area.. wondering why you changed in the first place?
13 years ago
Web Service???
13 years ago
Andrei i have a few questions regarding current forum and blog feature...

These 2 features are search engine friendly or not ? or they are only provided to work within a website ?

The reason i am asking is that i was testing few things regarding nopCommerce forum and blog and it never appears in the search engine...

the topics i posted in BLOG Section on any nopCommerce based website few months ago also doesn't appear in the search engines...

Let's take an example (1)...if i go to google and search for "nopCommerce forum" > logically i should get all the posts and topics etc in the search result (as we all community members posts so many things daily) > But only 1 relevant page appears in the search result i.e: "www.nopcommerce.com/Boards/"

Let's take another example (2):
I am on nopCommerce forum > show off section > i opened websites of community members that are based on 1.4 version (basically i wanted to open website that are LIVE/Online since a long time) > i opened their blog section > copied the blog content and tried to search for the content on google > but in the search result i hardly gets anyone's blog post/page...

3rd example:

I chose websites that are live/online since 2009 > i copied their name and pasted it on google search engine and searched for "STORE NAME Contact Us" / STORE NAME About Us" > Logically i should get  pages like www.storename.com/contactus.aspx or ....aboutus.aspx etc > BUT STILL i didn't get their contact us or about us page in the search result ? ...

Is there any reason why blog and forum sections or other pages sections are not very search engine friendly ? or the structure of the nopCommerce basically focuses on the content of products only ?

or the current architecture of nopCommerce doesn't make blog entries / forum topic etc as "Permalink"  and that is the reason the search engines can't find content on any website other than products ?

I am just curious to know because if someone is having an online e-commerce business / online store, the store owner would like to have his/her website's maximum content to be displayed in the search results -  whether it is from forum section or blog section or product section or topic pages etc...
13 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
Andrei i have a few questions regarding current forum and blog feature...
These 2 features are search engine friendly or not ? or they are only provided to work within a website ?

Blog and forums are SEO friendly. Let's copy and paste this forum topic title to google. And you'll see this topic on the first place of google search result page here
13 years ago
Andrei
Is this feature being added in the upcoming version ? http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/7781?ProjectName=nopcommerce

it's very important functionality...and it can be used in various situations: Like: if any customer is having problem with any product, he/she can post the issue on the forum and store owner can reply back and Mark it as Answer, and other customers facing the same issue can get the answer from the forum...
13 years ago
customer register store major to 18 age
13 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
Andrei
Is this feature being added in the upcoming version ? http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/7781?ProjectName=nopcommerce

No, it was not added
13 years ago
Hello Andrei.

Are you going to implement Multistore and Web Services API (two of the most voted features in codeplex) available only in your enterprise paid version?
13 years ago
I suggest new forum post notifications provide a link to the last page. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.