*NEW* AJAX CART USING UPDATEPANELS (NO JS OR JQUERY)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Thanks a lot for this!

How much work will it be to also incorporate Ajax when selecting a category or a product in the category list as well as making a selection in the top level menu? With that done the whole user experience of NopCommerce would be much better and modern.
13 years ago
staeri wrote:
Thanks a lot for this!

How much work will it be to also incorporate Ajax when selecting a category or a product in the category list as well as making a selection in the top level menu? With that done the whole user experience of NopCommerce would be much better and modern.

What did you want to happen when you select a category or product in the category list? You want the category or product to load without the page refreshing?
13 years ago
Yes I want the selection to load without refreshing the whole page.
13 years ago
jscopacasa wrote:

I was wonding if anyone thinks that this needs some sort of customer notification that something was added to the cart. I know the cart total (and items if they are shown) are updated as well as the shopping cart number at the top, but should there be a pop-up or some sort of effect to let people know something went into their cart?

A simple way I've handled this in the past (non-nop stuff) was to DOM insert some text that says "This item has been added to your cart" below (or above) the add to cart button they clicked...  it's very quick and easy to do and you can be fairly certain the customer will see it.

I was just thinking about that.  Can anyone suggest an approach with sample code?
Totally appreciate NOP as well as the talented folks who support and contribute to its development.
Nice job with that mynewcomicshop.net!  Thank you for sharing.
13 years ago
I think it would be kinda cool to load stuff without reloading the page... but I'm not sure about the view state... I'm not exactly sure how the view state works, but I think that it needs to be refreshed from time to time and if you never did a post back it wouldn't get refreshed - so that may mess up the application after a while.

I'm sure I can do it with update panels, but I'm not sure it would be the best thing to do.
13 years ago
Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm having a bit of trouble finding: Response.Redirect("~/shoppingcart.aspx")

Is there specific file I should look in, I tried searching my whole solution for this string and I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks
13 years ago
jbcholdings wrote:

Is there specific file I should look in, I tried searching my whole solution for this string and I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks

The code should be in:

ProductVariantsInGrid.ascx.cs and OneVariant.ascx.cs

Try looking there...
13 years ago
have you guys seen www.ryness.co.uk
they use an ashx handler and pass values to that get a response and add display a nice message next to the cursor..
im just intrigued as to what would be inside the ashx handler and if they had used update panels like barry had suggested??
13 years ago
thomen wrote:
have you guys seen www.ryness.co.uk
they use an ashx handler and pass values to that get a response and add display a nice message next to the cursor..
im just intrigued as to what would be inside the ashx handler and if they had used update panels like barry had suggested??

It looks like they use http://plugins.jquery.com/project/CursorMessage for the message... its interesting. There is no notice when a user tries to add something that is out of stock though... and it only works on the category page... you get thrown into the cart on the product page.
13 years ago
bfranklin825 wrote:

Thanks

The code should be in:

ProductVariantsInGrid.ascx.cs and OneVariant.ascx.cs

Try looking there...

Gracias! I'll have a look!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.