*NEW* AJAX CART USING UPDATEPANELS (NO JS OR JQUERY)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
yeah that is very odd

Larry's implementation for the latest trendy shoes looks good with the drop down cart on the right hand side.. doesn't work in ie6 though unfortunately.. i do wish ie6 would just go away quickly! but alas!
13 years ago
Hi,
This looks like a good idea but it doesn't work on the example site (http://www.mynewcomicshop.net/) at all.  Pressing add to cart on any page has no effect and nothing is actually added to the cart. Any idea if anyone's got this working?

Thanks,
Nick
13 years ago
nmg196 wrote:
Hi,
This looks like a good idea but it doesn't work on the example site (http://www.mynewcomicshop.net/) at all.  Pressing add to cart on any page has no effect and nothing is actually added to the cart. Any idea if anyone's got this working?

Thanks,
Nick

It works when I go there :)
13 years ago
Is this now added too 1.9?
13 years ago
bfranklin825 wrote:
Hi,

It works when I go there :)

Ah I see - It seems it is miscalculating the total so it doesn't appear to be working when in fact, it is. If I add 20 of the same item to the basket, it thinks I've only got one item in the basket when obviously I have 20!  So because it wasn't updating, I thought it wasn't working.
13 years ago
nmg196 wrote:

Ah I see - It seems it is miscalculating the total so it doesn't appear to be working when in fact, it is. If I add 20 of the same item to the basket, it thinks I've only got one item in the basket when obviously I have 20!  So because it wasn't updating, I thought it wasn't working.

The item count thing is a sort of a quirk of nopCommerce. I think it was done that way by design, but some people have suggested that it show quantity instead of items. I mean, when you think about it, if you put twenty of one item in the cart you're still only ordering one item - just twenty of them.

What I've done in the past to avoid confusion is just take that wording off and display the items and the quantities - others have changed that wording. Its all a matter of personal preference.
13 years ago
ajhvdb wrote:
Is this now added too 1.9?

As far as I know this has not been added to version 1.90 and there are no plans to implement it in any future releases... but I have just recently joined the nopCommerce team and maybe I can convince Andrei to put it in to 2.00 - configurable, of course. :)
13 years ago
Demo site doesn't seem to be working for me either.  Pressing Add to Cart had no effect - tried in both Chrome and IE.

Out of curiosity, how come you found jQuery/JS to be too complex for this?  Just too much code or did you run into specific circumstances that were difficult to workaround?
13 years ago
danzik17 wrote:
Demo site doesn't seem to be working for me either.  Pressing Add to Cart had no effect - tried in both Chrome and IE.

Out of curiosity, how come you found jQuery/JS to be too complex for this?  Just too much code or did you run into specific circumstances that were difficult to workaround?

I did a version with jQuery/JS and it was very convoluted... was using a lot of javascript to do things that the nopCommerce application already does, so there was no need to recreate them. This way uses the code in nopCommerce for everything... with the addition of a few update panels.
13 years ago
hi, any update for 1.9 ??? I can't find  Response.Redirect("~/shoppingcart.aspx") in code behind?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.