NopEasy Picture Uploader v1.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
There is a project that I have been working on to enable easy uploading of pictures to products in NopCommerce...

I'd like to announce NopEasy Picture Uploader v1.0

It allows you to upload pictures to your products in NopCommerce quickly and easily (hence the name). It is available for download (for a nominal fee to cover expenses) at:

http://www.nopeasy.com

I will be posting a demonstration video later on today. I would appreciate comments or suggestions, or if you have any questions... post them to this thread.

Andrei,
Please feel free to move this post if this is not the correct place for it. Thanks.
13 years ago
Good job.

I think it's a good idea to ask for a small payment for your modifications or AddOns. You get a little bit back for all the effort.
13 years ago
ajhvdb wrote:
Good job.

I think it's a good idea to ask for a small payment for your modifications or AddOns. You get a little bit back for all the effort.

Thank you,

Please let me know if you have problems with it or suggestions to improve it.
13 years ago
Hello There.

I will buy it.

thanks
13 years ago
NopEasy Picture Uploader v1.1 is now out. Many improvements... check it out.

http://www.nopeasy.com
13 years ago
I
Good Product Barry!! I will buy it soon. I have a couple of questions:

Can it be integrated as a part of the administration e.g. "Manage Picture"?
I need to have more than one (several) pictures per variant. Is there a way to do it?
Eduardo
13 years ago
eadameg wrote:
I
Good Product Barry!! I will buy it soon. I have a couple of questions:

Can it be integrated as a part of the administration e.g. "Manage Picture"?
I need to have more than one (several) pictures per variant. Is there a way to do it?
Eduardo

The way that NopCommerce is designed you can only have one picture per product variant. The other pictures would have to be attached to the main product that the variant is a variant for. The only way under the current NopCommerce set up to have multiple pictures for variants is to have them as separate products.

What you're talking about can't be done with NopEasy Picture Uploader. I'm sure that it can be done in NopCommece, but it would take some custom code to be written.

Just thinking it over right now, it seems like it would be possible to do it just by changing the code on a few pages. You most likely wouldn't have to alter the database structure, just some code to look for multiple pictures for variants...  of course, then I'd have to change NopEasy Picture Uploader to work with multiple pictures for each variant! :)

And then of course you'd have to alter the admin section in NopCommerce if you wanted to be able to manage the multiple variant pictures there.... (that seems like it would be the biggest pain)
13 years ago
Hi. Looks interesting.

Did you try nopadmin.com?. I am thinking about that too.

A general tip. This is what makes me not wanna buy it for a while.

I have lots of custom modifications to NopCommerce. Now if your products uses the "object model" from nopcommerce 1.80 things will go wrong because the mapping does not exists.

So a little tip from my side is that you should use "inline sql" (of course check for injections). I will not buy any products unless I am certain that it will work even with modifications of my nopcommerce. usually when you do any modifications of nopcommerce - you add fields or add relations. But you never remove anything. That is why inline sql would make the software stable.

So my question is. Do you do it this way? otherwise the product does not have my interest.

I think alot of people do customization, and the model approach is simply very sensitive to this....

B.R

Chris
13 years ago
stoffer wrote:
Hi. Looks interesting.

Did you try nopadmin.com?. I am thinking about that too.

A general tip. This is what makes me not wanna buy it for a while.

I have lots of custom modifications to NopCommerce. Now if your products uses the "object model" from nopcommerce 1.80 things will go wrong because the mapping does not exists.

So a little tip from my side is that you should use "inline sql" (of course check for injections). I will not buy any products unless I am certain that it will work even with modifications of my nopcommerce. usually when you do any modifications of nopcommerce - you add fields or add relations. But you never remove anything. That is why inline sql would make the software stable.

So my question is. Do you do it this way? otherwise the product does not have my interest.

I think alot of people do customization, and the model approach is simply very sensitive to this....

B.R

Chris

NopEasy Picture Uploader doesn't use anything from NopCommerce except for the database itself, the object model can change all it wants, the database fields have stayed the same for quite some time now... although there is already one change that I am aware of in 1.90 that I will have to accommodate for, but that won't be an issue.

I have tried NopAdmin, and it seems a little disorganized and cluttered to me - but that's just my opinion.
13 years ago
bfranklin825 wrote:
I
The way that NopCommerce is designed you can only have one picture per product variant. The other pictures would have to be attached to the main product that the variant is a variant for. The only way under the current NopCommerce set up to have multiple pictures for variants is to have them as separate products.

What you're talking about can't be done with NopEasy Picture Uploader. I'm sure that it can be done in NopCommece, but it would take some custom code to be written.

Just thinking it over right now, it seems like it would be possible to do it just by changing the code on a few pages. You most likely wouldn't have to alter the database structure, just some code to look for multiple pictures for variants...  of course, then I'd have to change NopEasy Picture Uploader to work with multiple pictures for each variant! :)

And then of course you'd have to alter the admin section in NopCommerce if you wanted to be able to manage the multiple variant pictures there.... (that seems like it would be the biggest pain)

Thank you
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.