Theme Creation Tutorial

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Ciwan wrote:
What about me ! :)

I like Theme 01, it's the best general purpose theme I've seen for nopCommerce.  

Two questions though before I get too excited:

1) Has it been tested and proven on all major browsers?
2) Your site does not indicate the nopCommerce version compatibility...nobody will buy your skins unless they know that.
12 years ago
Theme 00 and Theme 01 have been tested with IE8, FF and Chrome. Also I know they work with v2.00 and v2.10.

I'll add that detail over the weekend.

And like I said, Theme 02 has few bugs, that I plan on fixing as soon as I get a chance. Damn work keeps me very busy.
12 years ago
Axiom wrote:
I have changed few things in the theme especially using CSS.
I have also create a new design for the my new theme but I have no idea , how to add the controls in my design?
I will pay $20 if a proper theme creator tutorial (book + video) will be provided for the community of nopCommerce.

Regards.

AXIOM

I would also pay the 20 bucks for a tutorial, or even a plugin or widget that lets me change the most common items around by picking radial buttons a la wordpress.
Somewhere I can readily turn off some features, or have a page where I can resize or recolor some items from a screen that writes to the styles.css or pick to change amount of columns. Again a la wordpress.

Nopcommerce is an absolutely wonderfully intelligent program, but man to make a change is like pulling teeth.
12 years ago
just to add, buying one theme  might be cool, but some themes are very oriented to specific looks. Changing the menu items from one column, two column or three column and being able to adjust the width of each other columents, or add topics to the menu.

Like I stated in the earlier post, a one page widget that lets us just to pick these settings then when we save nopcommerce edits the appropriate file.

I am struggling to learn css which I am starting to get the hang of, but nopcommerce is in a whole new level for me.
12 years ago
nopgabriel wrote:
Nopcommerce is an absolutely wonderfully intelligent program, but man to make a change is like pulling teeth.

So true!  Technically it's excellent.  However nopCommerce really misses the boat with any sort of skinning capability, such as what is found in DNN.  We can only open that the developers pay some attention to this and add some true skinning to the product.

In the meantime, we all need to struggle with what we have.  At Information Results, for the moment we are staying on 1.90 to avoid dealing with the theme issues and MVC at the same time!  We also do extensive customization for customers, so moving to new versions every couple of months is a real headache.
12 years ago
friends,
I may not be as smart as you guys are but i would like to share my experience about how i make my themes, hope this may help anyone out there.

with NOP 2.4 theme tutorial well not even youtube have good stuff there about it :( ... nor does google ... i do hope some smart guys like u could step forward and so something about it :)

anyway what i do is i make a copy of the basic Orange theme and activates it.
Then i use FireBug (addon for firefox) to start updating the css and theme images to suit my needs.
This may look like a boring way but least it do make things work...unless someone wants to replace modules or any such thing then best place for me is nop forum where u guys are always helping people like me :)
12 years ago
Personally I'd like to see newer releases of Nop update the following -

1. Website views to Jquery and Theme Roller
http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/

2. Mobile views to Jquery mobile Theme Roller
http://jquerymobile.com/themeroller/

If we could mimic or build these into the administration system things would be a far site easier too. Throw in some dynamic width & height sizing with basic image uploads for logo, background and voila a failr easy system for most design and basic layout changes.
12 years ago
-- Sorry wrong post ---
12 years ago
I am interested but only if the author is reputable, such as nopCommerce people or a proven theme developer.
12 years ago
mwoffenden wrote:
So true!  Technically it's excellent.  However nopCommerce really misses the boat with any sort of skinning capability, such as what is found in DNN.  We can only open that the developers pay some attention to this and add some true skinning to the product.

In the meantime, we all need to struggle with what we have.  At Information Results, for the moment we are staying on 1.90 to avoid dealing with the theme issues and MVC at the same time!  We also do extensive http://www.informationresults.com/services/custom-.net-dnn-solutions.aspx customization for customers, so moving to new versions every couple of months is a real headache.

I agree.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.