Theme Creation Tutorial

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
We also bought the User guide - but more positive - easy to understand the CMS and what the software can do... worth the $20, also purchased copyright removal, and a payment module... Very happy with NopCommerce... I also help out  as much as I can on the forum... But i also add posts for things that even i get stuck on... (the usual working on the project and you are just too close to the coding.... and still new to Visual Studio).  Have thought about the tutorial this morning... layout sort of like below... Can add some of the below parts to building the tutorial if required.... Maybe we need - what type of examples to take from, the show case ones are cool and different from the stock - NopCommerce store....

Design / Theme Creation Tutorial -
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Understanding Skins and Themes...
Understanding CSS
Understanding HTML
The NopCommerce store demo - understanding the Shop's CSS
Custom - The NopCommerce store demo - Example 1 (white one? from the showcase live)
Custom - The NopCommerce store demo - Example 1 (Blue one? from the showcase live)
Understanding Design...
Expanding the Store
Most popular changes
Addition Theme development - short cuts
Adding Flash to your design
Links - photos, software etc....

Ajax version like - ASOS - www.osshop.biz

Download - CSS file that has been reduced to Lines
Download - CSS cheatsheet
Download - HTML cheatsheet
Download - most popular ASP coding
13 years ago
terrancefisher wrote:
Puppy1977,

I totally agree with you.  The documentation should have been free.  So far it has proven little to no value.

Granted nopcommerce is free, but there are others out there just as good if not better.

What a waste of $20!!

I have to say that this is your own fault. While nopCommerce charges for the manual, they also let you look at the table of contents before you purchase. There is nothing in there that says it covers themes.
13 years ago
SilhouetteBS wrote:
I have to say that this is your own fault. While nopCommerce charges for the manual, they also let you look at the table of contents before you purchase. There is nothing in there that says it covers themes.

1000% true!!
13 years ago
touche (touchay)
13 years ago
Hey, we are talking about new users expectency, when they use nop for the first time.

This comes over as "hard to understand". Don't scare users away ..
13 years ago
Here are some good tips for creating a theme: http://blogs.planetcloud.co.uk/mygreatdiscovery/post/nopCommerce-e28093-how-we-do-themes.aspx

That link was posted by retroviz in https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/7790/how-we-do-nopcommerce-themes.aspx
13 years ago
I will donate, buy, anything, just  please give us some help on modifying the templates. I been searching google willing to pay some $40-50 to get a stock nopcommerce template  1.9 , but unable to find anything that is worthwhile.   I will keep searching
13 years ago
Is this being worked on, or was it just a conversation that lead nowhere?
13 years ago
I'm going to guess that it lead nowhere with the lack of response from the previous post.
13 years ago
I am wondering if someone else, anyone, maybe interesting on getting this donations. Maybe someone who is good at themes can make a tutorial. and sell it. I will buy it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.